mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » (I) Couldn't Have Said It Better (Myself)

Old 31 Mar 2003, 00:24   #1
Garrett
Super Loafer

Default Good video, but I'm disappointed, too!

I've watched the CHSIB video today for the first time and I must say, that it is a good video, but I'm disappointed somehow. Where are all of those gigantic promo videos?? Those hollywood-like, short movies, which Meat was famous for?? Where?? Instead of those fantastic ones, now we get a video, where you can see Meat, Patti and the band are singing, dancing and jumping on a stage in front of a red curtain. If I want to see such things I go to a concert or watch a live video. But as a promo clip, I wish something "popcorn-able". The video of DIST was still better. Also untypically, but there was still a little bit of action. (If you can call it action.) But in the CHSIB video I totally missed the things, which I got used to Meat Loaf. What's the matter? Hasn't Meat got no more time to shoot such video clips? Doesn't he feel like shooting such bombastic videos? Are the production costs too high? Or what??

What's your opinion?
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 00:51   #2
mariella
Mega Loafer

Hi Garrett,
I haven't seen the video yet, just the small piece at the boxing match yesterday. I was also expecting a 'mini-movie' kind of video. But think I will also like this one. Do understand what you are saying though.
Will come back on this later, can't really talk about it if I haven't seen it.

In about 10 mins it's the 31th, so what's special about this date?
Is it Tims birthday?

If you just happen to feel an overwhelming sense of happiness any time tomorrow, don't keep it all to yourself!
Loved your 'outburst' after hearing CHSIB!!

I know the waiting was very hard, specially for you.

Enjoy,

Mariella
mariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 04:48   #3
Anonymous
Guest Post Container

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariella
I haven't seen the video yet, just the small piece at the boxing match yesterday. I was also expecting a 'mini-movie' kind of video. But think I will also like this one. Do understand what you are saying though. Will come back on this later, can't really talk about it if I haven't seen it.
Interesting ... I haven't seen any of it, and now both of you have peaked my curiousity :) I was expecting a 'mini-movie' kind too, but I really liked the one for DIST, and I'm sure I'll like this one too. I agree Mariella ... I can't talk about it when I haven't seen it either

Vicki
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:04   #4
Fire Ball
Himself

Default video

Record Co will not give the money to make the big production Videos. I disagree that you can see that on stage, you don't have the eye of the lens, the angles, the abilty of the crane. It still helps you when you see a live show get inside more. Spent 2 million dollars on 3 videos for Bat II, but there used to be alot more airplay for videos. Example Big rotation on VH1 in america was 47 to 53 plays per week, big rotation now is 16 -17 per weeks.
The money is better spent in other areas of promotion.
Meat

That 's why I make films!!!
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:19   #5
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

I can't comment too much because I haven't seen it either.But the first four vids Meat did (Bat,Paradise,2 Outta 3,Took The Words)where just shots of Meat and the band,and I thought they were great.
I supose i'll have more to say once i've seen it .
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 14:46   #6
mellis107
Senior Loafer

Although I liked the Bat 2 videos, I also love the vieo to Bat Out Of Hell, purely for the energy that Meat put into the performance. As long as the CHSIB better video focuses on Meat singing, giving it his all (which I'm sure it does), I'll be a happy man.

mikey
mellis107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 15:28   #7
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

Default Re: video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball
Spent 2 million dollars on 3 videos for Bat II, but there used to be alot more airplay for videos.
2 million dollars on 3 videos...
In Hungary we are making the biggest movie from so much!
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 15:46   #8
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Example Big rotation on VH1 in america was 47 to 53 plays per week, big rotation now is 16 -17 per weeks.
I know that over here in America, Mtv has become just a melting pot of "reality television" type shows...quite irritating!

Rock On Fire Ball!
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:49   #9
Anonymous
Guest Post Container

Quote:
Record Co will not give the money to make the big production Videos. I disagree that you can see that on stage, you don't have the eye of the lens, the angles, the abilty of the crane. It still helps you when you see a live show get inside more. Spent 2 million dollars on 3 videos for Bat II, but there used to be alot more airplay for videos. Example Big rotation on VH1 in america was 47 to 53 plays per week, big rotation now is 16 -17 per weeks.
Meat

Hi Meat

This is very interesting ... I didn't realize it cost that much to make those three videos. And maybe part of the lack of rotation is due to a more competitive market?

Now I understand where both you and the record company are coming from .... I haven't seen the video for CHSIB yet, but I love the one you did for DIST. It brought energy into the song, and if the one for CHSIB does the same thing (which I'm sure it does), that's the main thing :)

And you're a fantastic actor ... so just don't give up making those films
Thanks !!!
Vicki
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Mar 2003, 19:51   #10
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quote:
Meat

Hi Meat

This is very interesting ... I didn't realize it cost that much to make those three videos. And maybe part of the lack of rotation is due to a more competitive market?

Now I understand where both you and the record company are coming from .... I haven't seen the video for CHSIB yet, but I love the one you did for DIST. It brought energy into the song, and if the one for CHSIB does the same thing (which I'm sure it does), that's the main thing :)

And you're a fantastic actor ... so just don't give up making those films
Thanks !!!
Vicki
Not that it matters ... but I forgot to login in again before I sent this
I also meant to say
Congratulations Meat !!

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote