mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 10 Mar 2003, 20:22   #1
R.
You dig.

Default Ok folks - Say Hello to Mr. Crook

Hi Mr. C.

Welcome to the forums.

R.
R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 20:47   #2
Chris
Mega Loafer

OK,

Hello

(Who is Mr Crook?)

C.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 20:59   #3
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Hi Paul,and welcome.
(it's Meat's new guitarist Chris)
Your gonna have a blast working with Meat .
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:07   #4
Chris
Mega Loafer

Thanks for explaining it.

Very sorry!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:16   #5
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Hey this is great.
First Meat now Paul.
Before too long we'll have the whole Neverland Express visiting .
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 21:29   #6
Michel
Mega Loafer

Hi Paul,

Welcome to The Neverland Expres and to this forum!
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Mar 2003, 23:48   #7
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

Hello!

But where is he! I didn't find him in between the members! Or was he only a guest? What was his name?
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 00:06   #8
Michael Marxen
Super Loafer

Hi Paul,

brilliant job at your first Meaty concert in Cologne!
(Yes, I know, I should tell Kasim...)
Giving the songs a harder edge than former guitarists did.
And having a better stage presence too.
You will probably even become better on tour and may become part of history when being involved in the Bat III-tour!
Michael Marxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 01:46   #9
Metal Loaf
Lead Guitar

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Your kindness really means a lot to me.

Meat told me about this forum so I figured I'd cross the Altantic and check it out. Great site.

I read through some of the discussions. I found a thread where Meat talked about my first performance:

"... Paul is a great guitar player... By June he will be amazing."

I have to say this: Meat is such a kind, beautiful, fun soul. I can't believe how nice this guy is to me. I have never been treated with such respect, ever. I truely love playing my guitar for this man.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on the road.

Metal Loaf,
Paul
p.s. Tim, I'm very sorry I ruined your Wetten Das experience with my happiness of being on stage with Meat.
Metal Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 02:00   #10
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

hi paul, welcome, great to here from you as well as Meat Loaf!!
As for you comment about Wetten Das - anyone would be excited next to meat loaf - i saw your BOOH performance at NBA - amazing! thats all i can say. I hope to see you here in Belfast on the UK tour - make sure Meat doesnt forget us! How is the song-learning going? good luck. Hope to hear from you soon - i post here as i dont see it as just a Meat forum but any other association is more than welcome too - especially the guitarist!
ChrisBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 02:01   #11
ChrisBelfast
Mega Loafer

hi paul, welcome, great to here from you as well as Meat Loaf!!
As for you comment about Wetten Das - anyone would be excited next to meat loaf - i saw your BOOH performance at NBA - amazing! thats all i can say. I hope to see you here in Belfast on the UK tour - make sure Meat doesnt forget us! How is the song-learning going? good luck. Hope to hear from you soon - i post here as i dont see it as just a Meat forum but any other association is more than welcome too - especially the guitarist!
ChrisBelfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 02:50   #12
JenniferSal
Senior Loafer

Hey Paul! I just wanted to say I saw the BBC taping on the 4th and you're a great addition to the band -- everyone is in for a true treat and even better experience with Paul on board! He interacts and blends well with Kasim and the rest of the guys (and gals!) and it was really great to see, and this was a 'mellowed' evening, since it was a performance taping (and believe me, they all rocked big time!). Take care!
Jen
http://www.meatloaf-multimedia.com
JenniferSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 04:34   #13
Shane
Super Loafer

Default WELCOME

Welcome to the forum and to the wider Meat Loaf community, Paul!

I am wondering, how did you get the job as the lead guitar player?

I've heard (read) that the band has recently completed filming the video for "Couldn't Have Said It Better". Could you tell us whether Kasim is in it? I read that another guy, James Michael (who wrote that song) plays bass in the video so I'm not sure.

I am in New Zealand so I have not had the privilege of hearing you play with Meat. One way I have of comparing the various guitarists Meat has had over the years is to listen to the motorcycle guitar sound on Bat Out Of Hell. Is there any chance of you posting a sound clip of this, or of you playing other Meat Loaf songs, on your website?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 05:12   #14
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Loaf
Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your warm welcome. Your kindness really means a lot to me.

Meat told me about this forum so I figured I'd cross the Altantic and check it out. Great site.

I read through some of the discussions. I found a thread where Meat talked about my first performance:

"... Paul is a great guitar player... By June he will be amazing."

I have to say this: Meat is such a kind, beautiful, fun soul. I can't believe how nice this guy is to me. I have never been treated with such respect, ever. I truely love playing my guitar for this man.

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you on the road.

Metal Loaf,
Paul
p.s. Tim, I'm very sorry I ruined your Wetten Das experience with my happiness of being on stage with Meat.
Hi Paul !

Welcome to the forum and the Neverland Express !
You were fantastic on the NBA show - it was the best guitar solo for Bat that I've ever heard And it looked like you were really having a ball on the Wetten Das show !! But who can blame you, eh?

I'm so glad to hear how much you're enjoying working with Meat. You're a great new addition to the group and hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you when you're out on tour

Talk to you again soon!
Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 10:17   #15
mariella
Mega Loafer

Hi Paul,
It's good to have you here!
Stay happy
Have a great day,
Mariella
mariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 15:02   #16
Guppie
www.meat-loaf.nl

Hi Paul,
And a big welcome from me too
Guppie
Guppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 21:15   #17
Michel
Mega Loafer

I also didn't like your performance on Wetten Das, I think it probably was because it wasn't live. But I saw the NBA performance, and you were amazing. You can play guitar very good, it sounded amazing!
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 22:00   #18
M.Bison
The Lurker in The Shadows

Default Welcome To The Fourms/School

Hi Paul, Welcome to the MLUKFC Fourms, My fourm name is M.Bison and I am 12 years of age. I saw clips of your NBA preformance and you were amazing, hope you're keeping well. The school I go to is Scoil Triest in Lota, Glamire and the class I'm in is Class 4 moving to Class 5 this September which is the Senior Side but now on the five school days of the week and here's the five things I do:
Monday: Cookery
Tuesday: Art
Wednesday: Gardening
Thursday: Woodwork
Friday: Potery.
I also have my break times at 11:00AM and 1:00PM with the Senior Side as well and when I go on The Bikes, there's this guy in Class 6 going by the name of Gary Fleming and he's very annoying as he do be cycling very fast and he do be saying these quotes as well like the quote he said today in which it says on my signature, "I'm gonna cast a spell on you" whilst I'm playing basketball with Nicholas and if he says something we say to him "Cut it out Gary." Also one of my friends in Class 5 named Martin Roche do be at him as well when he has a football and he throws it against the crossbar which is very dangerous has someone could lose their balance and fall of their bike. A couple of weeks ago Gary had this quote saying "You're under arrest for suspicious murder" and a couple of weeks before You're Under Arrest was "The guy without the seatbelt who done the damage" in which me and Nicholas would say to him, "You're the one who did the damage." So my other friends besides Martin are:
Nicholas O'Brien (That dude I was mentioning.)
Paul Ryan (Yesterday at Respite he was crying like a baby wanting to go home.)
Martin Roche (He burps an awful lot!)
Colm Monahan (When I got droped off at the House Of Pizza, he saw my dad and he said to him "Why you are the Pizzaman? Why?"
Gary Fleming (I like his attidude on the bikes)
John Egan (He's another burper.)
That's all of them and last month I send a Valentine's Day card to Dana Patrick and she was in the promo videos of I'd Do Anything For Love and I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth.) So I guess that's all I have to say and also I'm taking up in guitar lessons on Friday at 7:00PM.
Take care.
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2003, 22:28   #19
Overlord
Loafer

Imagine being able to say "I'm the lead guitarist for the Neverland Express". Wow! I doubly look forward to Bat III now!

M.Bison, I must say, that has to be about the best tagline I've ever seen!

Dave.
Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Mar 2003, 00:27   #20
Tim
The Butcher

Well Mr. Crook, just want to let you know, i've send you a pm, hope you will read it and reply!

Also welcome.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 08:57   #21
Metal Loaf
Lead Guitar

Hey Friends,

Thank you for all of the replies. Let's see:

Tim, We spoke via PM. Hope you're well today.

Dave, I know, it's cool to be able to say "I play lead gtr for Meat." I have a story. In the late 80's I was a roadie for the band ANTHRAX (which I later became the lead guitarist). Anyway, we were on tour in Europe with IRON MAIDEN. I worked (side stage) at the NEC, WEMBLEY, all these huge venues. I used to go to my bunk on the bus at the end of the day and dream about playing on these huge stages. I can't tell you how excited I am to hit the road with Meat!!!! We're playing all these venues that I used to work as a roadie. I am very thankful to be able to do something I love for a living.

Mr. Bison, I really enjoyed reading your email. You write very well. I was laughing out loud at some of your comments. I guess my questions to you are: Have you heard back from Dana? Also, good luck on Friday in regards to your guitar lesson. Quick lesson: Vibrato (string shaking) is everything. Shake all of your notes.

Michel, I remember your previous negative post about me. I forgave you even before I finished reading it. DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!!!! Just kidding. Thank you for the kind words in regards to the NBA performance. That means a lot to me.

Hi Guppie, you are cute. I love your post. Very warm.

Mariella, Thank you. It's good to be here. I'm still happy!

Vicki, I'm looking fwd to meeting you too. Yes, I really enjoyed myself at the NBA gig. Meat threw me right to the wolves. He said, "Paul, you got the first 90 seconds. Stand here (center stage). I’m coming in right behind you."

Hi Shane, How did I get this job? I have a lot of friends. It pays to keep your head on straight in this business. There really isn't any room for ego. There's always some undiscovered kid out there who can play you under the table. Anyway, I've know Pearl for awhile. We met on a Motley Crue/ Megadeth/ Anthrax tour a few years back. Meat needed a guitarist. Pearl mentioned my name. Kasim called me. It was that simple. Of course I had to back it up. I worked my ass off for weeks getting the material down. Bringing in a new musician is very expensive and frustrating. The last thing I wanted to do was let Meat down. I have always been (still am) a fan of his. I showed up and played the best I could. Thankfully it was good enough. Now, I have the gig. But the work doesn't just stop. I watch Meat all the time. He works incredibly hard. He's my barometer. I think like this: Well, if Meat's working this hard on say, "Couldn't Have Said It Better". I'm going to work twice that on my gig just so I make sure I'm keeping up.

Hi JenniferSal, Thank you for coming to the BBC taping. That was fun but stressful. Anytime TV's involved my nerves get a little crazy. Yes, I love playing with this band, awesome bunch of musicians. I respect the hell out of everyone in the Neverland Express.

Hey Meatloafisgod, You sound like a musician. The song learning is never ending. I practice them everyday. I want to get the material into my bones. I'm sure we'll be learning new songs for the upcoming tour as well. Gotta stay on top of my gig.

Hey M Marxen, We talked in Cologne right? I remember you. We took a few photos together. I remember you complementing my performance. I thought my playing was a little loose and I told you to tell Kas you liked how I did. Hope you're well. Bat III... I'd love to be apart of it. My sites are on "Couldn't Have Said It Better" at the moment. The record is beautiful. I have to play my ass off for Meat on this tour to make sure I'm around for Bat III.

White of High, Here I am... www.gothamzone.com/crook

Hi Flying Mouse, great name. Yes, we have to get the rest of the band here.

Chris, I laughed out loud when I read your posts!!! The blushing face is classic!

R, Thank you. It's good to be here. I feel loved.

That's it. I think I've gotten back to all of you. I'll check back soon. Thanks for your warmth.

Metal,
Paul
Metal Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 13:42   #22
Guppie
www.meat-loaf.nl

Quote:
Hey Friends,
Hi Guppie, you are cute. I love your post. Very warm.
Metal,
Paul
Hi Paul,
Well, of course I'm cute, I'm a little Dutch fishy, they're all cute.

You take care now, before you know it, replying to all posts will become a daytime job for you
Guppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:50   #23
Tim
The Butcher

tnx mr Crook, will wait for your PM
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 23:07   #24
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Vicki, I'm looking fwd to meeting you too. Yes, I really enjoyed myself at the NBA gig. Meat threw me right to the wolves. He said, "Paul, you got the first 90 seconds. Stand here (center stage). I’m coming in right behind you."
Metal,
Paul
Thanks Paul
I'm so glad you enjoyed the NBA gig !!
Keep up the good work and hopefully I'll talk to you again soon!

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2003, 23:08   #25
M.Bison
The Lurker in The Shadows

Default Dana Patrick/More On Gary Fleming/Respite

Hi Paul. I heard from Dana on Valentine's Day and it was a very nice response, here's what she said:

I was delighted to recive your card, I didn't get a Valentine's Day card for a long time, your poems were beautiful. I am so glad somebody remembers me from my days in the Meatloaf video. I will always be thinking of you and I will keep you in my heart. If I ever visit your country Ireland, I will try to let you know so we can meet each other.
Best wishes always.
Dana Patrick

And about the Guitar Lessons I'm learning with a normal guitar as apposed to the Electric Guitars and I forgot to tell you on my other post that a couple of months back, I can't remember the date but I remember it was on Friday when everyone was taking a photograph on The Bikes then Nicholas said to Gary, "I'm gonna flat your tyres" and Gary said to him "I'll give you a shove and run you over so you'll be dead." Then a couple of months before I'll Give You A Shove, it was Friends Transition Year in Scoil Triest and when we went out on The Bikes, John was talking to this guy named Colin and Gary said to John "You stop that now! If you touch me, you'll be dead!" Also at Art I'm doing a set of pictures titled The Very Best Of Dangerous Man which is all the best moments caused by Gary Fleming, but let's just skip this part and my guitar teacher's name is Sean Kelleher and I was learning about the chords and it lasted for about an hour and it was great. And I go to Respite every once in a while in which you heard about the part with Paul Ryan crying like a baby, he was saying "I wanna go home" and about ten or twenty minutes before that, Colm was running into the shed and I was saying to him, "Get back in the house." So I guess that's all I have to say for now and good luck learning to play all the other Meat Loaf songs.
Take care for now.
M.Bison
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote