mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 24 Feb 2011, 23:31   #76
Paul Richardson
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together.
You, me, everyone here, and the rest of the entire ~~~~ing world. Personally I can't see the point of a Bat musical, or why it would take so long given (presumably) all the songs are written already.

It's nothing short of tragic that you may not record together again...
Paul Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 04:42   #77
ricgough
Senior Loafer

Isn't that code for " Sonenberg won't let me" ?
ricgough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 16:38   #78
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Let me fix that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricgough View Post
Isn't that code for " Sonenberg won't let Jim" ?
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 19:47   #79
glamourgirl
Super Loafer

Quote:
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M
It would be awesome to hear more songs. Hopefully someday. I always hoped Patti would record some Steinman songs too. I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.
glamourgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2011, 19:57   #80
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.
I agree with this. I like all of the Steinman song's that Bonnie has done, but I think that is in spite of her vocals, not because of them.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 09:45   #81
Battybarb
Nutty Tart From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgirl View Post
It would be awesome to hear more songs. Hopefully someday. I always hoped Patti would record some Steinman songs too. I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.

i love Total Eclipse of the Heart and i do love Bonnies voice and the way she sings it ,i think she has a distinctive voice.
Would definately love to hear more songs from Jim
Battybarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 09:51   #82
A Slice Of English

I like her voice too, Battybarb. I think my favourite of hers is "Faster Than The Speed Of Night", however. I also like her rendition of "Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts"
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 10:06   #83
Battybarb
Nutty Tart From Hell

Both great songs,Tyre Tracks is one of my favourite songs
Battybarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 10:54   #84
Kev
Just Kev

I think Jim needs to stop being so pretentious and wake up to the fact that his musicals and projects don't get off the ground. He has been trying things for years now and the last thing to do anything was his mismash of old songs in DOTV. Noone was interested in TDE - some average guy singing old meat loaf songs.

If he wants anything to happen then he clearly should sit down, write some new material, get Meat in the process and on vocals and then head to one of the major labels with the right press team.

Otherwise it will just be years more of stories of this happening, demos of that happening, something of this is going to happen - when eventually, the only thing that happens is nothing.
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 13:37   #85
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
I think Jim needs to stop being so pretentious and wake up to the fact that his musicals and projects don't get off the ground. He has been trying things for years now and the last thing to do anything was his mismash of old songs in DOTV. Noone was interested in TDE - some average guy singing old meat loaf songs.

If he wants anything to happen then he clearly should sit down, write some new material, get Meat in the process and on vocals and then head to one of the major labels with the right press team.

Otherwise it will just be years more of stories of this happening, demos of that happening, something of this is going to happen - when eventually, the only thing that happens is nothing.
I don't think it's actually Jim to be honest, but some influence over him what stops him workin with Meat.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 13:43   #86
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
I don't think it's actually Jim to be honest, but some influence over him what stops him workin with Meat.
Working with Meat is probably the best way for Jim to make any money. If the dark forces that control Jim prevent him from doing so then it is less likely that Jim will put out anything new. It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in. They stand to make more money if they have more unreleased stuff to release.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 13:54   #87
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Jim should stop wasting time and do a "Bat out of Hell: Resurrection" with Meat asap. In my opinion the musical stuff could be done by others with Jim perhaps giving advice etc. A bit like We Will Rock You and Queen. I really don't see the point in the original composer spending beyond 5 years on such a project.
If dark forces are preventing anything fruitful from happening they should be destroyed completely.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 17:13   #88
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in.
That's the theory I subscribe too.
His estete will be a nice cash cow to some ruthless ~~~~~~~.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I really don't see the point in the original composer spending beyond 5 years on such a project.
Neither do I.
FFS, if it's Bat Out Of Hell the musical, surely all the material is written.
What is the hold up, and why does Jim himself need to be so heavilly involved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
If dark forces are preventing anything fruitful from happening they should be destroyed completely.
You get the gonad electrocution kit, i'll grab the nipple sized pastry cutters
Old 26 Feb 2011, 17:17   #89
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse View Post
You get the gonad electrocution kit, i'll grab the nipple sized pastry cutters
Aren't they both at your house?
Old 26 Feb 2011, 17:34   #90
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
Aren't they both at your house?
I'm not going to use my own am I?
Old 26 Feb 2011, 18:37   #91
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Working with Meat is probably the best way for Jim to make any money. If the dark forces that control Jim prevent him from doing so then it is less likely that Jim will put out anything new. It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in. They stand to make more money if they have more unreleased stuff to release.
I agree, I just hope Jim wakes up to the crap he takes from certain individuals. Don't get me wrong, Meat most probably took the same crap too for a long time, but eventually stood up to certain individuals, and went his own way. But not everyone is the same, but one day, I hope to hear some new Jim/Meat material
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 23:15   #92
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

My opinion is that the backers of the musical are afraid that if any of Jim's "new songs" are released prior to the musical, that it might steal a bit too much thunder from the musical.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 23:19   #93
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Against View Post
I agree keeping it a secret doesn't make a lot of sense, but then how secret is it if we're talking about it. And I think the power of the Jim Steinman name and the BOOH brand would fill the theater night after night. I would definitely put it on my "must see" list. And it is sad Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman may never work together again. These two made rock history together, twice, and it would be a shame not to have them collaborate again.
Sorry but Jim's name won't fill much more than the first few rows. Its been years since he did anything at all. It's going to take a hit song to get things rolling, and this is where I think they've made a huge mistake not have Meat involved. That one will come back to haunt them.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 23:38   #94
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
Sorry but Jim's name won't fill much more than the first few rows. Its been years since he did anything at all. It's going to take a hit song to get things rolling, and this is where I think they've made a huge mistake not have Meat involved. That one will come back to haunt them.
its hard to say really, but sony will be the happy ones if it happens as Bat will storm up the charts
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 23:42   #95
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Followed by a best of Jim Steinman compilation or Bad For Good as it's currently known.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 23:53   #96
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Followed by a best of Jim Steinman compilation or Bad For Good as it's currently known.
most likely
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2011, 00:47   #97
meatfanforlife
Banned

Quote:
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M
If its meant to be, it will be. There was never a better voice for his music than yours, and never better songs for your voice than his. Keep trying Meat.
meatfanforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2011, 02:21   #98
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatfanforlife View Post
If its meant to be, it will be. There was never a better voice for his music than yours, and never better songs for your voice than his. Keep trying Meat.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2011, 05:05   #99
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together
And I had to take the flak for being wrongly believed to have suggested another Steinman / Meat Loaf collaboration... This forum is a strange place sometimes.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2011, 16:18   #100
The Flying Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
My opinion is that the backers of the musical are afraid that if any of Jim's "new songs" are released prior to the musical, that it might steal a bit too much thunder from the musical.
I would have thought that new Steinman material on shop shelves could only higher his profile.
Not very much, granted, but it couldn't do any harm

Quote:
I think the name Bat Out Of Hell will always be linked to Meat, and he's the first person people will think of on hearing the name.
If people see the show and like the music, it'll be the Meat Loaf section of HMV they head to, not the Jim Steinman version, wether Meat is involved or not.

I'm not saying it's fair, i'm just saying it's so.