mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 19 Sep 2006, 11:21   #201
needmoremeat
Mega Loafer

Good luck in whatever you do, Patti!!!
YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 15:56   #202
LesleyM
Junior Loafer

This is really bad news, Patti has been such an important part of the package for so long now it is going to be a difficult act for anyone to follow - but I am sure there are plenty waiting for the chance ! I have to admit I have felt for some time that she has been a little in the shadow of the big man and has the voice and personality to be something big in her own right.

At the risk of being controversial I don't think that CC could step up to this, her voice does not have the range that Patti has and I am not sure the chemistry is there.

Let's wait and see who takes the 'Hot Spot' at the RAH next month and make judgement after that !
Old 19 Sep 2006, 17:59   #203
Jaymze
Super Loafer

Default Patti leaving the band?

Does anyone know why Patti's leaving the band? First I've heard, it's a shame, Patti's been the best female vocalist to sing with Meat and her voice is so powerful.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 18:06   #204
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymze View Post
Does anyone know why Patti's leaving the band? First I've heard, it's a shame, Patti's been the best female vocalist to sing with Meat and her voice is so powerful.
Like I said prior we will know when the time is right but for now we shouldn't be asking questions and just wish Patti all the love, support, joy and happiness in whatever endeavours she takes on next.

XxX
Old 19 Sep 2006, 19:59   #205
R.
You dig.

Threads merged, unfortunately the thread redirect in General Messages got borked.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 21:27   #206
Deb
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
What I don't understand is the attitude from some (not you, dukes) that I don't have the right to make that choice.

I hope everyone who wants to see the Bat 3 tour is able to do so.
I agree with the agree with what you're saying here. I think this has really shown there are so many different kinds of fans. We're not all in it for the same reasons either. Thank god lol, or the world would be a very boring place It's good that some are in it for their love of Meat, others for the music, others for a band member, others for Jim. The list goes on. I can totally understand how for some of you Patti going will mean you wont attend anymore if she is what made the whole package / experience for you. As Bohemian said, some only go to see a band member anyway. I started off going as a Kasim fan and now I am a fan of the whole band, and much to MMP's amazement i'm now a huge fan of Meat lol. But to me the band are a huge part of the show and the package for me. Patti leaving has taken a huge part of the excitement away. But Aspen joining has eased the blow a lot. That said if it was John that was leaving there is no drummer on this earth that would soften the blow

I see this thread as tons of people grieving and all in their own ways. Each to there own way of dealing with it

Deb
Old 19 Sep 2006, 22:36   #207
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

YouTube Video

Old 19 Sep 2006, 22:44   #208
Mick Loaf
Thread Killer

Sad news and I wish her the best of luck.
Old 20 Sep 2006, 00:14   #209
Cpl Mickey
Mega Loafer

Wow shows how long it is since i have been on here. What a blow about Patti. My husband was upset, he really liked her. Patti I wish you well in everything you do. May God watch over you and your family
Old 20 Sep 2006, 20:27   #210
chrissylf22
Cry Over Me

I'm sorry to see her go but i wish her luck in the future
Old 21 Sep 2006, 20:37   #211
michael.c
Loafer

look after your self, p , and stay in the music buisness.

a bit early to speculate but the return of kati mac or the goff sisters would be nice. whoever she is , lets wish her the best of luck.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 12:58   #212
The Evolution
Rookie

Patti, all the very best huni, over the last few 14 years you have given us so many beautiful memories which we will treasure always. I wish you all the luck and happiness in the world.

Luv ya Sweet

Craig
Old 23 Sep 2006, 21:23   #213
mark999
Junior Loafer

I can't say anything that hasn't been said already, Patti was the best.
All of us will miss her, none more than Meat himself.
The show will go on it won't be the same, but meat only works with the best of the best and we can trust him choose the right artist to fill the void.

Good luck for the future Patti and never stop Rockin.

Mark
Old 26 Sep 2006, 15:17   #214
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
a;; I get is a blank sqaure - what is it ??
Old 28 Sep 2006, 01:25   #215
ChoccyBat
Yorkie

Whatever people's opinions, the facts are that Meat is not a solo artists! Meat Loaf is a band, and that encompasses a female vocal - the songs demand it. I will seriously reconsider attending any Bat III concerts now, and that is a massive thing for me cos I have been desperate to go to as many concerts as possible in the past, five so far in 2 tours.

My abiding memory of Patti is front row at Newcastle Telewest in Jan 2005, in CHSIB. As on the Melbourne DVD it was truly amazing, and at one point with Meat at the other end of the stage she turned and looked at me just as she sang the line "this is the moment we've been waiting for" - for a few seconds it was like we were singing to each other. Truly incredible.

Meat may have had other female leads but nobody can replace Patti. As I have said I am a HUGE Meat fan, and yes I only learnt about Patti through him, but if I had been her employer for so long I would have issued a heartfelt thanks for her contribution and a good luck message - haven't seen one? Lets not be blind, Meat is not God, something has happened, and if not why hasn't he done this? We all know she has been carrying his vocals for a while now (see the aformentioned DVD), and during the last tour I knew a few people who saw Meat Loaf for the first time, and came away saying "his female vocalist is really good!".

Like everyone else I wish patti all the best, she was fantastic, and still is of course. I await with interest the news of the RAH show before I consider buying tickets for the tour.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 02:16   #216
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoccyBat View Post
Whatever people's opinions, the facts are that Meat is not a solo artists! Meat Loaf is a band, and that encompasses a female vocal - the songs demand it. .
Meat Loaf appears WITH a band .. the Neverland Express, but Meat is an individual with a career which includes recording, performing on tour and in flims. Most of the songs songs demand backing singers, and some, but by no means all, demand a female vocal in duet.

[QUOTE=Meat may have had other female leads but nobody can replace Patti. [/QUOTE]

I think it's a shame that people keep referring to "replacing" Patti. No-one will do that .. but Aspen will succeed her, just as she succeeded Meat's previous singing partner, and that one did the one before. It's what ensures continuity. Meat has performed with a number of talented singers. Patti was marvellous, and will be missed. But Meat Loaf is Meat Loaf, and has been performing in concerts for 26 years, and with the Neverland Express will continue.

I'm sorry that anyone should doubt whether they want to attend a concert of Meat's in the future .. I'm looking forward to my next one as much as I ever have since BOOH, and I look forward to seeing Aspen's performance.

And this is a Meat Loaf website. The vast majority of us here are Meat Loaf fans. And Meat is the one who could not be replaced imo.

Caryl
Old 28 Sep 2006, 02:35   #217
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Since when did Meat Loaf become a band? that must have been on a memo that I missed
I'm not replying to Caryl btw, but the one above her, who has a name that sounds like a Cambodian delicacy

Pud

Last edited by Pudding; 28 Sep 2006 at 02:59.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 11:31   #218
The Evolution
Rookie

I genuinely believe Meat has made the biggest mistake by letting Patti go.

I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt him.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 12:37   #219
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Evolution View Post
I genuinely believe Meat has made the biggest mistake by letting Patti go.

I just hope it doesnt come back to haunt him.
I agree it's very difficult to comprehend.

On the "Hair of the Dog Tour" Meat called the Neverland Express "the greatest rock n' roll band in the world" and I guess as fans we'd all buy in to that.

In the past Meat's been quoted as saying:

"This wonderful woman is absolutely unbelievable"
and
"I just wouldn't be able to do it without her"

Yet there is still no official acknowledgement that Patti has left and no "thank you" for all she's done to make the man and his music such a success since 1993. I personally find that surprising.

Equally we may guess the NE line-up but we still don't know it for a fact.

Now don't misunderstand me, when the tour comes I'll be there with tickets for as many shows as I can get to and willing everyone on to do well and just as enthusiastic as ever to see the show.

I wouldn't want anyone to deride Aspen Miller (assuming she really is the person who succeeds Patti), I'm sure she will be a first rate singer given her WWRY background. But ... I do have something of a problem with the age difference and thus the stage credibility of some potential duets but we'll see how that pans out.

Would she really do "that" with a 59 year old "sex god"? It may be acting but does it look credible? I'm not sure.

So to reflect ... at some stage can someone officially please give Patti some recognition for her amazing performances for 13 years? Or is that too much to ask for the greatest female singer Meat has had in his band?

See you on tour!

Mike
Old 28 Sep 2006, 14:55   #220
ROSIE
Invisible again!

ditto

Rosie
Old 28 Sep 2006, 16:26   #221
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Piercy View Post

and

And I'm sure he was sincere .. but Patti has chosen to move on, and Meat has a tour to do, and I trust him to continue to provide the usual thrilling performance he always done, without exception imo, since 1978

Yet there is still no official acknowledgement that Patti has left and no "thank you" for all she's done to make the man and his music such a success since 1993. I personally find that surprising.

Equally we may guess the NE line-up but we still don't know it for a fact.

Kasim has confirmed the rest of the band will be playing with the addition of a saxophone player. He has also confirmed Aspen has been recruited as Patti's successor, as has Meat

Now don't misunderstand me, when the tour comes I'll be there with tickets for as many shows as I can get to and willing everyone on to do well and just as enthusiastic as ever to see the show.

I wouldn't want anyone to deride Aspen Miller (assuming she really is the person who succeeds Patti), I'm sure she will be a first rate singer given her WWRY background. But ... I do have something of a problem with the age difference and thus the stage credibility of some potential duets but we'll see how that pans out.

Would she really do "that" with a 59 year old "sex god"? It may be acting but does it look credible? I'm not sure.

She's hardly an ingenue .. and if Meat believes his set will work with the two of them acting, that's good enough for me. I sense he was quite irritated, and imo rightly so, that people were questioning this

So to reflect ... at some stage can someone officially please give Patti some recognition for her amazing performances for 13 years? Or is that too much to ask for the greatest female singer Meat has had in his band?

Just a thought .. perhaps if you feel strongly about this (and it does seem to me that you are being critical) it would be most courteously addressed with Meat directly and privately than in a public forum? Or with his management if you're not suggesting Meat should make a public annoncement

See you on tour!

Mike
Caryl
Old 28 Sep 2006, 17:00   #222
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Originally Posted by Mike Piercy in white ]black, responded to by Caryl in red and further response from Mike in blue

and

And I'm sure he was sincere .. but Patti has chosen to move on, and Meat has a tour to do, and I trust him to continue to provide the usual thrilling performance he always done, without exception imo, since 1978

Obviously Caryl you know more than me since you say “Patti has chosen to move on”. The fact is we don’t know(or most of us don’t). I agree with you that the concerts are always thrilling, never said they were not..

Yet there is still no official acknowledgement that Patti has left and no "thank you" for all she's done to make the man and his music such a success since 1993. I personally find that surprising.Equally we may guess the NE line-up but we still don't know it for a fact.

Kasim has confirmed the rest of the band will be playing with the addition of a saxophone player. He has also confirmed Aspen has been recruited as Patti's successor, as has Meat

Is that “official”? This topic is “Patti has left the band” It’s about who left … I just wonder why Patti has not been acknowledged for her contribution officially.

[COLOR="white"Now don't misunderstand me, when the tour comes I'll be there with tickets for as many shows as I can get to and willing everyone on to do well and just as enthusiastic as ever to see the show.

She's hardly an ingenue .. and if Meat believes his set will work with the two of them acting, that's good enough for me. I sense he was quite irritated, and imo rightly so, that people were questioning this

People have a nasty habit of questioning these days … even you Caryl, … and they have a right to do so, free country. It’s all about opinions and I ought to point out I’m 59 so I’m not criticising his age – 1947 was a good year!

Just a thought .. perhaps if you feel strongly about this (and it does seem to me that you are being critical) it would be most courteously addressed with Meat directly and privately than in a public forum? Or with his management if you're not suggesting Meat should make a public announcement

I’ve never e-mailed Meat or PM’d him on anything other than Fan Club business that’s where I draw the line and I intend to stay on that side of the line … he has a right to a personal life. As for my supposed criticism I think I’ll leave others to judge that … admittedly I speak my mind but I try not to be sycophantic.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Piercy; 28 Sep 2006 at 17:07.
Old 28 Sep 2006, 17:23   #223
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Of course Meat has a right to a personal life .. I agree with that. But tnis isn't about his personal life. I was just suggesting that rather than raise your concerns about whether an official statement is made or not, this might be more kindly done direct, rather than in a pubic forum where Meat has said he (understandably imo) looks for support rather than criticism. If you're suggesting that thoughtfulness or tact equate with sycophancy, then it's a quality that is somewhat different to the usual definition .. and perhaps one that more should aspire to these days :)

Caryl
Old 28 Sep 2006, 17:31   #224
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Of course Meat has a right to a personal life .. I agree with that. But tnis isn't about his personal life. I was just suggesting that rather than raise your concerns about whether an official statement is made or not, this might be more kindly done direct, rather than in a pubic forum where Meat has said he (understandably imo) looks for support rather than criticism. If you're suggesting that thoughtfulness or tact equate with sycophancy, then it's a quality that is somewhat different to the general definition .. and perhaps one that more should aspire to these days :)

Caryl
You are the one who is suggesting that it's critical Caryl ... which is a major distortion as usual. If you care to look back through the topics on this I think you'll find no one (or very few) was expecting Meat to make a statement personally (he's promoting hard, quite rightly) rather at this stage you'd expect the "gold watch" speech from management ... Patti was rather fundamental to all those duets don't you think? A major part of Meatlife for 13years - thoughtfulness and tact wouldn't go amiss there eh?
Old 28 Sep 2006, 17:59   #225
CarylB
Mega Loafer

I did say "it seems to me" .. so it's a matter of perspective, a point of view rather than the distortion you seem to imply is a habitual practice of mine Mike.

Because I was unclear as to whom you felt should make a statement, I also said
" Or with his management if you're not suggesting Meat should make a public announcement"

As you rightly say, some have implied Meat should have made a statement. I wasn't sure whether you were suggesting Meat should or his management, but if it's the latter then I would have thought a note to them direct would be more likely to bear fruit than posting it here.

Just my view of course, so we shall no doubt have to agree to disagree. And that's fine.

Caryl
Closed Thread