mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10 Nov 2011, 17:45   #126
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpmss View Post
I just order 8 of the rings. They look so cool. My friends girls should really love them.
Got your order Chris, thanks :) And have emailed you because we had a price wrong on the site and your total comes to .. less! :) I'll get them in the post to you tomorrow, and hope you like them all :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2011, 23:04   #127
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

There are rings now? --face palm-- Can y'all put me on an automatic order and just send me monthly invoices? Because I seem to buy one of practically everything you list anyway... LOL
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:23   #128
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clpmss View Post
I just order 8 of the rings. They look so cool. My friends girls should really love them.
That's super, Chris!! How easy was that? Eight gifts in one shot, and not one step into a crazy, packed shopping mall!

I hope the girls enjoy them!


Sue
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2011, 03:44   #129
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
There are rings now? --face palm-- Can y'all put me on an automatic order and just send me monthly invoices? Because I seem to buy one of practically everything you list anyway... LOL
You're funny, Deena!

I've been doing Christmas shopping, but the problem is that everything I buy as a gift, I have to buy for myself too! Makes it a little hard on the budget, but I have to say that I just love everything we've got!

We do appreciate your support.

Sue
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2011, 14:21   #130
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default



The man says it all :) Five crystal charms on a chain necklace for under $8, or on a slender snake chain for $8.50; or a wolf with the red roses combo from $6.40 on a necklace. For the next 3 weeks we can post overseas in good time for Christmas, whether it's a budget priced great looking gift or a solid sterling Pandora bracelet or necklace for the amazing price of $10.50 or $17.00.

That's 6 (2 boxes of After Eights!) or a tenner if you're in the UK .. and you know a sterling bracelet will look better on the wrist than the After Eights will on the hips! .. lol

And postage is just $3 flat overseas, however much you buy, and in the UK just 68p .. less than the bus fare to the shops!

And we're not simply about jewellery .. we have keychains and bookmarks for just $4

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2011, 20:16   #131
juniper
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 27.08.2011
Location:  playland
Posts: 214
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post


The man says it all :) Five crystal charms on a chain necklace for under $8, or on a slender snake chain for $8.50; or a wolf with the red roses combo from $6.40 on a necklace. For the next 3 weeks we can post overseas in good time for Christmas, whether it's a budget priced great looking gift or a solid sterling Pandora bracelet or necklace for the amazing price of $10.50 or $17.00.

That's 6 (2 boxes of After Eights!) or a tenner if you're in the UK .. and you know a sterling bracelet will look better on the wrist than the After Eights will on the hips! .. lol

And postage is just $3 flat overseas, however much you buy, and in the UK just 68p .. less than the bus fare to the shops!

And we're not simply about jewellery .. we have keychains and bookmarks for just $4

Caryl
These are really cool. I'll have to check 'em out!
Thanks!
juniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2011, 21:08   #132
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

We are talking real PANDORA sterling here. The real deal from a generous supplier who recognized our need for the best price possible as a charity organization.

As Caryl once described the necklaces, they are silky, sinuous and sexy.

I wasn't about to trust "Santa" to take the hint; I did my own Christmas shopping for myself.
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2011, 23:10   #133
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
We are talking real PANDORA sterling here. The real deal from a generous supplier who recognized our need for the best price possible as a charity organization.

As Caryl once described the necklaces, they are silky, sinuous and sexy.

I wasn't about to trust "Santa" to take the hint; I did my own Christmas shopping for myself.
Good thing payday is this week. LOL
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2011, 13:44   #134
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser
 
Join Date: 02.04.2010
Location:  Bristol
Posts: 1,072
Default

The jewellery I bought the other day was absolutely stunning! The bookmark was so dainty and beautiful and the earrings I bought are absolutely gorgeous! Are the rings silver too Caryl? If so I'll definitely buy some
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2011, 14:16   #135
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

I'm really pleased you like what you have so much Cherry :)

The rings are Tibetan silver .. ie an alloy containing silver but not solid sterling. We have some at $1.50-2.00 which were a donation, and are lightweight but still pretty .. and some for around $6 which are much heavier and more solid, and are still good value. Some of our necklaces and bracelets are silver plated, but we also have some hallmarked sterling ones which are solid silver and very reasonably priced, absolute bargains really :) We don't have the overheads that stores have, need to pay no wages , and simply add a little to the cost of each item for the charity on the basis we'd rather sell more for low margins than sell a few for larger ones And that's working out

This is a new pendant in the range we will be getting on-line soon .. The Giving Tree :) And that will be available on either a silver plated or a sterling chain



Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2011, 03:50   #136
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
I'm really pleased you like what you have so much Cherry :)

The rings are Tibetan silver .. ie an alloy containing silver but not solid sterling. We have some at $1.50-2.00 which were a donation, and are lightweight but still pretty .. and some for around $6 which are much heavier and more solid, and are still good value. Some of our necklaces and bracelets are silver plated, but we also have some hallmarked sterling ones which are solid silver and very reasonably priced, absolute bargains really :) We don't have the overheads that stores have, need to pay no wages , and simply add a little to the cost of each item for the charity on the basis we'd rather sell more for low margins than sell a few for larger ones And that's working out

This is a new pendant in the range we will be getting on-line soon .. The Giving Tree :) And that will be available on either a silver plated or a sterling chain

Caryl
There I go again---ordering the dangle crystals, heart and rose charms this time... And now you show me something new coming up; that giving tree is adorable. I have GOT to stay away from y'all!!!! LOL
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2011, 09:43   #137
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
There I go again---ordering the dangle crystals, heart and rose charms this time... And now you show me something new coming up; that giving tree is adorable. I have GOT to stay away from y'all!!!! LOL
You can't go, Deena!

Seriously, even though I am part of the Loafdom for the Turtle and I should be able take these new finds in stride, I can't! I've got to BUY myself!

The quality is so good, and the prices are so low, and of course, supporting The Painted Turtle is so important, I don't feel too guilty.

P.S. I'm so happy you're lovin' your stuff!

SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:00   #138
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL

You can't go, Deena!
LOL No worries; I check the merchandise at least 1-2 a week looking to see if there is anything I missed or new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
P.S. I'm so happy you're lovin' your stuff!
Understatement!!! LOL And I switch the charms/pendants out daily. It's become a routine thing ---fellow teachers and students coming up to me at school and wanting to see what I'm wearing this time! One teacher got a lil' concerned the first time I wore the 3-skulls necklace though. Hahahaha But after that she didn't blink, even when I wore the big ole flying bat later in the week...
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2011, 14:10   #139
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

There's ALWAYS something Magic!! And today it's the launch of our newest band, a limited edition which captures the essence of what Meat brings to us with every album, every show :) And a special offer set of 3 Christmas Santa magnets .. You can help us deliver a bumper Christmas donation this year to his charity, TPT :)



Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2011, 16:28   #140
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
LOL No worries; I check the merchandise at least 1-2 a week looking to see if there is anything I missed or new!



Understatement!!! LOL And I switch the charms/pendants out daily. It's become a routine thing ---fellow teachers and students coming up to me at school and wanting to see what I'm wearing this time! One teacher got a lil' concerned the first time I wore the 3-skulls necklace though. Hahahaha But after that she didn't blink, even when I wore the big ole flying bat later in the week...
Good for you, Deena! I'm probably far older than you, and you should see the looks I get when I'm doing banking, shopping, whatever. Some people love my skulls (full skull bracelet and three skull necklace), and others just stare. I've always been a non-conformist (not to extraordinary extremes!), and I'm actually amused by the stares.

I suppose it's a good thing that teachers in your workplace don't have a dress code and that you get to enjoy the freedom of your own self-expression during your workday.

I speak for the team when I say that I am so happy you're enjoying our offerings, and of course, the bottom line is helping the kids of The Painted Turtle, and that means everything. Thank you!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Nov 2011, 23:23   #141
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Exclamation

I went to the doctor today, and he said I have bronchitis. Yay me!

Anyway. Even when I am sick, I can still have a LIL' BIT of a creative moment... While waiting on my prescription to be filled at Walmart, I thought of a way to display my necklace pendant charms.... It's NOT the most elegant thing in the world; but it's cheap and it WORKS! Plus, now I don't have to fish around the jewelry box trying to find the one I want; they are all displayed individually!

PS: And no, not all of these charms are Loafdom Direct/CafePress merchandise... But I would say at least half of them are (with more on the way)!

Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 01:49   #142
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Love it ..

And now you'll need a little tray for your beads!!
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 02:00   #143
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
Love it ..

And now you'll need a little tray for your beads!!
:/ Dang, now I gotta get creative again. LOL
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 02:19   #144
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Because today we have launched our Murano glass beads with sterling silver core, perfect for adding to our Pandora bracelets and necklaces. Custom design your jewellery, and change it any day in a matter of moments. The beads are beautiful, so many different colours, each one unique, and when they catch the light and it hits the silver core the colours change and dance .. And our prices are really low too! We buy at low cost, have no overheads, and simply add a small margin for The Painted Turtle. You won't find them with sterling cores at this price in the stores.



And that's just a small selection of our range of colours.

I'm not sure why generally many European based UK Forum members are seemingly uninterested in Loafdom for the Turtle jewellery. You don't have to be a Meat fan or even care about his charity for what we sell to be a real bargain. I don't know of anywhere else that offers sterling silver bracelets with a Pandora clasp for as little as $10.50 (about 6.50) or the same style of necklace for $16.00 (10.00). The cheapest Pandora necklace I've seen in the UK is around 30 and they're just plated. And it can't be our shipping costs, which at a maximum of 68p in the UK and $3 anywhere else in the world must be less than most sites and not beaten by any.

This thread gets a lot of views, so members must read it. I just find it puzzling; and puzzling too that on a UK forum most of the jewellery I send out is to fans overseas in the USA and Australia, most of whom see it on Facebook rather than here, yet our prices must be comparably cheaper for the UK/European marketplace.

This month we're set to raise $700 from direct sales. If there was more interest from the biggest fansite Meat has .. it could be so much more. Perhaps some who read the thread will check out what we offer and make a judgement based purely on quality, value and cost.

And Deena's Murano beads will be in the post to Arizona tomorrow :)

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 03:09   #145
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB

And Deena's Murano beads will be in the post to Arizona tomorrow :)

Caryl
And that's some fast work considering I placed my order approx 2 hours ago! I can't wait to see that purple one you are sending, as well as the other 5...

Any suggestions how I can put those beads on that shelf I posted earlier? More clips maybe? Or what?

Edit:

Dang!!! I didn't see the Giving Tree charm! Ugh. Next paycheck... Hehee By the way, the ML themed bracelet is kewl. Will all of those charms be sold separately?

And I love the wolf & rose combo! I already have the wolf and am waiting on the individual rose; so I guess i can wear them both on one chain soon...

PS: Arkansas, not Arizona... But I forgive ya! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Last edited by Deena J; 24 Nov 2011 at 03:26.
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 11:39   #146
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

No bright ideas yet on how to display them Deena .. but I think better later in the day

I think the only charm on the bracelet not listed currently is the handbasket, but we can put that on, although they're a better deal with the bracelet, unless you want to put them on a Pandora style bracelet, in which case individually they come with bails for that. :)

I'm fond of the wolf and rose combo too :) The individual charms look great on a bracelet or necklace .. and the large combo pendant on a chain looks fantastic

And my bad re Arkansas Though I can SAY it right ..

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 13:59   #147
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB

And my bad re Arkansas Though I can SAY it right ..

Caryl
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Nov 2011, 20:12   #148
SueL
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 11.04.2011
Location:  Northeastern PA, USA
Posts: 224
Default

Deena ~ I hope by now the bronchitis is history. It's not fun; I know.

Despite being ill, you did indeed come up with a great idea for the jewelry!

I'm wondering if you could perhaps find a compartmentalized box to place on the longest shelf for your beads? My go-to store is a nearby crafts store - I can usually pick up imaginative finds there. It's too bad that the, um, contraption isn't a bit wider. If so, an ice cube tray would probably work well. Well, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

I can't wait to purchase a supply of Murano beads myself.

Right now, I'm wearing a Pandora necklace with a wolf and a rose, and it feels so good! Not to mention that it looks awesome. :) When I say it feels good, it's because I feel as though I'm wearing a page from Meat's biography around my neck.

I'm so with Caryl when I say I simply do not understand the lack of interest in this line of jewelry. I think you could probably search the net for hours and not find the quality of our line at the incredibly low prices we are asking!

Anyway, I'm happy that you are enjoying your pieces.
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2011, 07:26   #149
Deena J
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 25.06.2011
Location:  Arkansas
Posts: 356
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
Deena ~ I hope by now the bronchitis is history. It's not fun; I know.

Despite being ill, you did indeed come up with a great idea for the jewelry!

I'm wondering if you could perhaps find a compartmentalized box to place on the longest shelf for your beads? My go-to store is a nearby crafts store - I can usually pick up imaginative finds there. It's too bad that the, um, contraption isn't a bit wider. If so, an ice cube tray would probably work well. Well, I'm sure you'll come up with something.

Sue, thanks for the well wishes. Im still trying to get rid of this chest-bruising cough; but other than that, I feel better... :)

As for a way to store the upcoming beads, an idea just hit me. A simple aluminum bead-sorting tray on that long shelf.... Ta-da!!!!! LOL

Can't wait to get the beads!!!!!!
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2011, 13:10   #150
24K
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 20.10.2003
Location:  WAY UP NORTH
Posts: 1,923
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Because today we have launched our Murano glass beads with sterling silver core, perfect for adding to our Pandora bracelets and necklaces. Custom design your jewellery, and change it any day in a matter of moments. The beads are beautiful, so many different colours, each one unique, and when they catch the light and it hits the silver core the colours change and dance .. And our prices are really low too! We buy at low cost, have no overheads, and simply add a small margin for The Painted Turtle. You won't find them with sterling cores at this price in the stores.



And that's just a small selection of our range of colours.

I'm not sure why generally many European based UK Forum members are seemingly uninterested in Loafdom for the Turtle jewellery. You don't have to be a Meat fan or even care about his charity for what we sell to be a real bargain. I don't know of anywhere else that offers sterling silver bracelets with a Pandora clasp for as little as $10.50 (about 6.50) or the same style of necklace for $16.00 (10.00). The cheapest Pandora necklace I've seen in the UK is around 30 and they're just plated. And it can't be our shipping costs, which at a maximum of 68p in the UK and $3 anywhere else in the world must be less than most sites and not beaten by any.

This thread gets a lot of views, so members must read it. I just find it puzzling; and puzzling too that on a UK forum most of the jewellery I send out is to fans overseas in the USA and Australia, most of whom see it on Facebook rather than here, yet our prices must be comparably cheaper for the UK/European marketplace.

This month we're set to raise $700 from direct sales. If there was more interest from the biggest fansite Meat has .. it could be so much more. Perhaps some who read the thread will check out what we offer and make a judgement based purely on quality, value and cost.

And Deena's Murano beads will be in the post to Arizona tomorrow :)

Caryl
I agree with everything you say Caryl. I find it very puzzling too, I especially find it odd what with Christmas coming.
I have bought a number of Christmas pressies, no hassle, no mad shopping mall with people getting on my nerves But most of all i find the feel good factor of getting a bargain and all the profit going to charity is immense !
I am hoping that some people who visit this thread, will at least go to the site and see what is on offer. I believe there is something for everyone, or at the end of the day buy a wristband if the jewellery, bookmarks etc doesn't float your boat !
Many thanks to all for their hard work :) Hope to post later the pics of the dogs with their awesome accessories !

http://loafdomturtle.net/direct/
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:14.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.09786 seconds with 14 queries.