mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 25 Aug 2006, 02:26   #1
Kathy
Super Loafer

Default Kasim on WBZT FM Radio 96.7 Greenville SC, USA 24 Aug. 2006

Meat had sent an e-mail to the radio station, which they may have read on the air, but if they did, unfortunately that happened before I tuned in at noon. The DJ said to Kasim "and just moments ago, just as we were about to start the show, someone else you've worked with, Meat Loaf, sent in an e-mail [to] the studio here" and Kasim said "yeah" and the DJ went on, "what's Meat up to?" and Kasim told him they'd just finished recording Bat Out of Hell III.

They took most of the phone calls while playing request songs (two of which were "Not Tonight" (I love that song - New Cars) and "Two Out of Three" from BOOH1. A girl named Tiara (sp?) from Dallas called in and asked Kasim if he'd sing "Where Is My Soul" and he said not right there in the studio, but he might sing it at the Handlebar tonight. He did sing two songs live though: "Sacrifice" and "Drive." And he mentioned KasimInfo.com as "a really good site that has more information on me than even I have on me!" He sounded cheerful and upbeat and described tonight's gig and the varied setlist in a way that made you really want to catch it, especially if you enjoy Barbara Streisand or Doctor Demento . I love his accent :) I do have a question - is it Paul or Randy who wants to pimp his rack? (has to be Paul, right?) - it's a little story Kasim told about a Meat Loaf guitar player with "this big huge rack" (for his guitars, of course), and it was really funny; the radio DJ alluded to the double meaning of "rack," which threw Kasim off just a little, and then he seemed to dig himself in even deeper with "equipment" and "gear" but maybe that's just my gutter-brain at work ..It was funny, though.

Kasim repeated the October 16th date for the Royal Albert Hall concert, so hopefully someone will soon tell the Royal Albert Hall, and they'll know, too!!
-Kathy
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2006, 03:18   #2
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy
Meat had sent an e-mail to the radio station, which they may have read on the air, but if they did, unfortunately that happened before I tuned in at noon. The DJ said to Kasim "and just moments ago, just as we were about to start the show, someone else you've worked with, Meat Loaf, sent in an e-mail [to] the studio here" and Kasim said "yeah" and the DJ went on, "what's Meat up to?" and Kasim told him they'd just finished recording Bat Out of Hell III.

They took most of the phone calls while playing request songs (two of which were "Not Tonight" (I love that song - New Cars) and "Two Out of Three" from BOOH1. A girl named Tiara (sp?) from Dallas called in and asked Kasim if he'd sing "Where Is My Soul" and he said not right there in the studio, but he might sing it at the Handlebar tonight. He did sing two songs live though: "Sacrifice" and "Drive." And he mentioned KasimInfo.com as "a really good site that has more information on me than even I have on me!" He sounded cheerful and upbeat and described tonight's gig and the varied setlist in a way that made you really want to catch it, especially if you enjoy Barbara Streisand or Doctor Demento . I love his accent :) I do have a question - is it Paul or Randy who wants to pimp his rack? (has to be Paul, right?) - it's a little story Kasim told about a Meat Loaf guitar player with "this big huge rack" (for his guitars, of course), and it was really funny; the radio DJ alluded to the double meaning of "rack," which threw Kasim off just a little, and then he seemed to dig himself in even deeper with "equipment" and "gear" but maybe that's just my gutter-brain at work ..It was funny, though.

Kasim repeated the October 16th date for the Royal Albert Hall concert, so hopefully someone will soon tell the Royal Albert Hall, and they'll know, too!!
-Kathy
Very cool !! Thanks Kathy

And, thanks to Joe Lynch and SueW for posting the link on Kasiminfo.com, you can listen to it here :

Click Here

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote