mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 18 Sep 2006, 01:29   #176
RiverGhost
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperLoafMan View Post
WTF!!!

I cant believe Patti has left the band!!! This is such a great sadness!! Such a fantastic musician and performer....she will be very grately missed!!

Good Luck Patti!!!

But like the saying goes the show must go on and I am sure Bat III tour is going to kick some ass!!! Rock on meat!

Ross
Oh, come on!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 01:49   #177
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
I think the old 'singers don't owe fans anything' is a non-argument. Fans are every bit as important as artists - without one, there can't be the other. Artists expect fans to treat them with courtesy - behave at concerts, respect their decisions, support their music. I hope we get the courtesy of an official announcement. Without one, all we've got is speculation.
If they don't owe us anything, they can cry next time they make a bank deposit (cry to heaven or cry like hell) because fans are where the money comes from. That said, I see Patti has had her job filled in apparently record time if she left recently or maybe she just announced recently .
Old 18 Sep 2006, 02:31   #178
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Kind of amazing that most people seem to be going on about post 1993 and forgetting the previous twenty odd years that Meat's been around. Whilst I will miss Patti and her brilliant live performances it was Meat that I got into and will continue to follow.

We've got new singles, new album and a new world tour to look forward to, lets try to be positive folks.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:38   #179
L96
Inaugural goldfish winner

Location:  In a handbasket. Believe me, for someone my height, it's hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink View Post
i didn't see Musicman's post as his worrying nor over the top... just iho... what he thinks...

but i find your portion of post "no one is dead (yet)" rather other the top... no?... ...

do not panic... do not jump ... ...

Erm, sorry, that lost in translation... the last sentence (the bit after "edit for Musicman") is the only part directed to the Loafer formerly known as Musicman, now AndrewG.

The prior bit that is allegedly OTT is a paraphrase/summary of previous comments in thsi thread that I feel have some merit.

And, dammit, I'll jump if I want to!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:44   #180
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafer39 View Post
Kind of amazing that most people seem to be going on about post 1993 and forgetting the previous twenty odd years that Meat's been around. Whilst I will miss Patti and her brilliant live performances it was Meat that I got into and will continue to follow.

We've got new singles, new album and a new world tour to look forward to, lets try to be positive folks.
Amen to all of that!

Caryl
Old 18 Sep 2006, 09:58   #181
AndyK
Relentless

Sad news ! ... makes the shock of a Monday morning even worse.

Patti - I wish you well in whatever you do next, you've been an outstanding member of the NLE for the past 13 years! But you've also proved over that time that you're an artist in your own right ... Notre Dame and WWRY being two fine examples.

Whoever takes over has a hell of a job to do, but over the years I've learnt that Meat has this ability to find the most outstanding female backing singers ... Karla, Pamela, Kati, Doreen, Amy, Elaine, Patti, CC ... the list continues to grow.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 10:48   #182
rick
badass bus driver

In kasim's blog update it say's that they have been auditioning for a month now ,so it seem's not to be a sudden decision.

Patti thanks for 13 brilliant year's as the foil to the big man and i hope you are sucsessfull in all that you do and achive and please dont be a stranger you will allways be a member of the meat family

whoever may follow they will have a hard job to do but we should all get behind them 100% ,it may be CC it may not but time moves on and so do band members it's a fact of life

thanks again patti (and for the kiss at chatsworth )
Old 18 Sep 2006, 11:20   #183
rick
badass bus driver

OKAY SO IM A BIT BEHIND :
Been away for best part of a week

welcome aspen
Old 18 Sep 2006, 12:18   #184
Bohemian
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
Meat fans care

and there are millions of them/us.

this is not about "Patti VS. Meat", and should not be about "Meat VS. Steinman".

I haven't doubted any of that for a second.

I wasted no time in pointing out that that isn't the only conceivable point of vierw tho after someone claimed that it was.

So the relevance of this is?
Old 18 Sep 2006, 13:29   #185
Sabine
Senior Loafer

Dear Patti,

... thank you for the last 13 years. You was really great. I wish you all the best for the future.

Sabine
Old 18 Sep 2006, 17:18   #186
Caelan
life is one big adventure

Patti,

thank you for the wonderful things and time you've given us.
I regret not seeing you back on stage with Meat and the band again.

but I wish you all the best for the future..

THANK YOU..
and keep rockin'

Christel

Last edited by Caelan; 18 Sep 2006 at 17:23.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 20:41   #187
vrg
Super Loafer

I see that I became one of the few privileged fans to see Patti’s last performance with Meat in NJ in July. That will now be a major distinction of that evening. And during Dead Ringer, Two Out of Three and Paradise, the Meat and Patti Show was going full steam with comedy and fabulous vocals, and it was a fitting end to her tenure with Meat.

Allow me to also extend my best wishes to you, Patti, for great success in whatever you do. You will be very much missed.

Virginia
Old 18 Sep 2006, 20:48   #188
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Whoever takes over has a hell of a job to do, but over the years I've learnt that Meat has this ability to find the most outstanding female backing singers ... Karla, Pamela, Kati, Doreen, Amy, Elaine, Patti, CC ... the list continues to grow.
Yes .. over the years I've had this unspoken agreement with Meat .. I buy a ticket and get myself to the venue .. he brings the band, arranges a setlist, delivers a performance that transports me for a few hours. This has worked perfect for over 25 years :)

I trust him, his decisions, his management of his tour, his choice to decide what to say and when ..
and as he's never done anything to erode that trust, he has it still.

Caryl
Old 18 Sep 2006, 20:58   #189
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Yes .. over the years I've had this unspoken agreement with Meat .. I buy a ticket and get myself to the venue .. he brings the band, arranges a setlist, delivers a performance that transports me for a few hours. This has worked perfect for over 25 years :)

I trust him, his decisions, his management of his tour, his choice to decide what to say and when ..
and as he's never done anything to erode that trust, he has it still.

Caryl

Wow, that said it all for me!! i'm sure we will see a hell of a show still at RAH and wherever we see him during the tour!
Old 18 Sep 2006, 21:16   #190
Kathy
Super Loafer

Onstage emotions were running very high at Toms River in July, and the
love and caring that Meat and Patti feel for each other was so strong
it washed over us in the audience... I'll never forget it. Leaving the
band must have been a very hard decision. Now we owe it to Patti to
unconditionally wish her well (which I do with all my heart), and we
owe it to Meat to trust him to give us a fantastic show, just like he
has always done!!

I remember feeling guilty after seeing my first show, because my eyes
had been glued fast to Meat the whole time, even though I was aware he
was surrounded by a very talented band. And I should have felt guilty!
- not only because the NLE deserved my recognition from the start, but
because it was Meat's show! He puts on an absolutely unique show
(the word "concert" doesn't even come close) and he has always been the
creative driving force behind it. The show has always been HIS baby.
He finds the best people, helps them to give their very best, and works
with them for countless hours to put together something we'll love. He
dreams up theater to go with the music, and in his hands we rock, we
laugh, we feel joy and we get turned on. He loses sleep constantly
improving the show, and keeping it fresh time after time.

So although it may sound contradictory, I am both very, very sorry that
Patti has left the band but am looking forward to RAH and NYC and any
2007 shows I can make with no less anticipation than before! (which is
a LOT, in case there's any doubt, lol!)
-Kathy
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:02   #191
wenners
Senior Loafer

im not writing this to wind anyone up but i honestly dont understand the hype over all of this.

Meat loaf is a solo artist he created the Neverland Express to back him up at concerts there have been many members of this over the years. A lot of very credible artists have come and gone. Some have even returned. Not all of them have participated in the recording of albums when they were members of NE some have, some haven't,

At the end of the day backing singers come and go. there have been many great ones over the years. But they leave for one reason and that is because they want to be a star in there own right. you were never going to see a Meat loaf album with the words featuring Patti Russo on the cover.

Patti has been around a lot longer than most and has dueted on some great songs and now is the time for her to spread her wings and see what she can achieve on her own and for that i wish her good luck. But its hardly worth getting so emotional over.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:45   #192
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenners View Post
im not writing this to wind anyone up but i honestly dont understand the hype over all of this.

Meat loaf is a solo artist he created the Neverland Express to back him up at concerts there have been many members of this over the years. A lot of very credible artists have come and gone. Some have even returned. Not all of them have participated in the recording of albums when they were members of NE some have, some haven't,

At the end of the day backing singers come and go. there have been many great ones over the years. But they leave for one reason and that is because they want to be a star in there own right. you were never going to see a Meat loaf album with the words featuring Patti Russo on the cover.

Patti has been around a lot longer than most and has dueted on some great songs and now is the time for her to spread her wings and see what she can achieve on her own and for that i wish her good luck. But its hardly worth getting so emotional over.
welllll...hehehe... i guess i'll speak for myself... i AM an emotional person.. after all... i'm a Meat fan... ...

t...
Old 18 Sep 2006, 22:47   #193
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenners View Post

I respect this as your opinion but infact Patti has had more impact than the other leads and she has infact had her name on several singles and album duets during the course of her thirteen years,
* I'd Lie For You (And That's The Truth)
* Is Nothing Sacred Anymore
* Couldn't Have Said It Better
* A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

To name but a few. Personally she has touched us alot more because she has always been there and now she isn't and you have to understand that she has been with us for thirteen years, of course it's emotional! But I also respect this is mabe the time to cut it and to establish who she is though we still do not know the true story behind her departure but I stick with what I said prior that we will know when the time is right but right now let's just wish Patti all the joy, luck and happiness in the world and show our support.
Old 18 Sep 2006, 23:47   #194
dukesofhazard
Super Loafer

Sad news indeed that Patti has left the band, from what I've heard of Meat's previous supporting vocalists Patti was by far the best.

I've seen Meat live 6 times in the last 7 years (it'll be 7 in 7 this year), so Patti is all I've known when seeing him live, but as saddened as I am with Patti's departure I'm not going to deprive myself of seeing Meat for possibly the last chances I'm going to get. And although it will be different without Patti there, different is not always bad and I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing what Aspen brings to the group.

No offense intended to those of you who swear you will never see Meat live again because Patti isn't there, (like I've said she's all I've known when I've seen Meat) but surely you can at least give her replacement (for want of a better word) a chance - how will you know what 'the experience' is now like if you don't go and experience it? People still went to see Queen without Freddie Mercury for heaven's sake! I did expecting it to be rubbish, but was thoroughly impressed with Paul Rogers. In fact people went to see Queen with Patti singing too now I think of it and she did well too.

At the end of the day though it's up to you what you want to do.

Best of luck to Patti though in everything that she does - maybe she can get herself on Queen's new album too.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 00:42   #195
Moonlight shadow
Super Loafer

Patty...
A big piece of the band left us.... without you.
sadness in my heart is how I feel now.
I can't imagine lives perfomances without your voice and presence.
God Bless You!!
You are the best!!
Old 19 Sep 2006, 01:17   #196
Kathy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesofhazard View Post
- how will you know what 'the experience' is now like if you don't go and experience it?
Exactly right!
-Kathy
Old 19 Sep 2006, 02:56   #197
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
over the years I've had this unspoken agreement with Meat .. I buy a ticket and get myself to the venue .. he brings the band, arranges a setlist, delivers a performance that transports me for a few hours. This has worked perfect for over 25 years :)
and that's wonderful for you. Sincerely.

But the reality is, the great majority of Meat fans aren't able to see him perform in-person dozens of times.

It was going to be tough for me to see a Bat 3 show. With the recent changes, it's no longer worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukesofhazard View Post
...No offense intended to those of you who swear you will never see Meat live again because Patti isn't there...but surely you can at least give her replacement (for want of a better word) a chance - how will you know what 'the experience' is now like if you don't go and experience it?
No offense taken...by me, anyway!

I simply have no interest in what 'the experience' has become. Marion Raven and Aspen are not my cup of tea. I'm not going to spend money to see either of them perform. I'll be content with the memory of the HOTD show I attended. What I don't understand is the attitude from some (not you, dukes) that I don't have the right to make that choice.

I hope everyone who wants to see the Bat 3 tour is able to do so.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 04:34   #198
Bohemian
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrissLoaf View Post
What I don't understand is the attitude from some (not you, dukes) that I don't have the right to make that choice.

I hope everyone who wants to see the Bat 3 tour is able to do so.

I completely agree.

It's just ignorant to not be able to appreciate that different aspect of a musical performance will mean different things to different people. If someone went to see a Meat concert as much for Patti and as much for the theatrical relationship between meat and patti then Marion is really gonna put a dampener on the evening for them.

If someone goes along to see kasim all night, replacing him would disappoint.

And it works conversely too; I dunno if I'd buy a ticket to see Meat if tickets for an Aussie concert went on today... but if Todd was on lead guitar or jimmy on the keys then hell f*cking yeah would I be there, it'd make parting with the cash just that little bit easier.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 04:37   #199
Bohemian
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
I respect this as your opinion but infact Patti has had more impact than the other leads and she has infact had her name on several singles and album duets during the course of her thirteen years,

* A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste

Not only does Patti not sing with meat on A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste, Bonnie Tyler (who DOES sing with Meat on A Kiss Is A terrible Thing To Waste) doesn't sound a single thing like Patti, and never will.
Old 19 Sep 2006, 07:23   #200
sunneke
Mega Loafer

There is one Patti.... nobody will sound and act like Patti, but i still think that it is not fair to say that Aspen can not be good. you don't know that! We have to wait and see. So RAH will be really interesting, new cd, new singer, new bandmember. I'm going with a open mind and let it happen, i hope everybody can do that!

Patti, it was a great ride with you! thank you so much for 14 years! Whatever you choose to do, i hope it will be a succes! Please let us know how and what you are doing, you are special to us!
Closed Thread