mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:14   #126
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Who cares what the exact reasons are? Is that really our business? Does it make you love the music more or less?

I am so surprised that so many people on this board need to scrutinise everything so much.

Meat will go on without Patti. Patti will go on without Meat.

Very true, however, many fans will go on without Meat as well...It's sad really.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:23   #127
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisWRedfish View Post
Very true, however, many fans will go on without Meat as well...It's sad really.

what's sad?.. that Meat fans will go on without Meat???... that WOULD be sad... for them... and rather unusual .. for .. well... Meat fans ! ... ... imo.. if you enjoy the music Meat sings... and seeing him in concert... you'll continue to buy the music and see the shows... right?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:26   #128
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
But Joe Public don't really know her that well, because she hasn't really had the chance to shine on her own, and put that voice to really good use. You mention the name Patti Russo to a non Meat fan, they will go "who"?
And to those of us who RE-discovered Meat BECAUSE of Patti and found Patti to be just as important to the group as Meat (and I'm sure there are plenty of us here), the band called "Meat Loaf" has just played its final concert. Like I said before...it's sad.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:26   #129
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Meat Loaf fans are not going to give up on him on the basis that is backing singer left
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:27   #130
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
And to those of us who RE-discovered Meat BECAUSE of Patti and found Patti to be just as important to the group as Meat (and I'm sure there are plenty of us here), the band called "Meat Loaf" has just played its final concert. Like I said before...it's sad.
But the whole point is that "Meat Loaf" are not a band - it's Meat Loaf with the NLE, always has been
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:29   #131
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Meat Loaf fans are not going to give up on him on the basis that is backing singer left
True, Meat has his fans, and the band have their fans too. I love Meat, but now is when I discover that it was the Meat experience I loved...the chemistry with Meat and Patti on the stage. No one, I repeat NO ONE can replace Patti when it comes to that experience. This is why I'll continue to listen to Meat Loaf, but have no interest in ever seeing another of his concerts. The "experience" is over for me.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:30   #132
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. I think most people who want Patti back are thinking of Meat Loaf without Patti Russo. I can't even begin to imagine how much this is going to affect the group, because with as big a fanbase as Patti Russo has gotten, I guarantee you once the news gets around, sales of Meat's concerts will fall off pretty drastically, as well as CD sales. If in fact this is a career move on Patti's part, then more power to her. She deserves a great future. However, someone at Meat's camp should've made a public statement stating how Patti has decided to move on. Perhaps this would've helped the fans in dealing with the issue that Patti will no longer be in the group. As it stands now alot of fans will be speculating on why Patti has actually decided to leave, and once the shock sets in, many may decide not to follow a Meat group that doesn't include Patti. I, for one, have already decided I no longer have a "need" to see Meat in concert...not without Patti anyway. The duets are just too big a part of the show, and Patti was his perfect partner, regardless of who is picked to replace her, the experience will never be the same...Like I said, Patti has a fanbase now and with her leaving, I'm sure alot of the fans will leave with her. The Meat Loaf experience will NEVER be the same without Patti Russo. Good luck Patti, and good luck to you too Meat...I know this won't be easy, especially with the Bat 3 release coming soon, followed by the Bat 3 tour. I really wish you both the best.
So was you going to see a Patti Russo concert. And cd sales fall, WTH?????

People buy Meat albums because of the name on the front MEAT LOAF, Patti was only on Meat albums since 1993, backing on Bat 2, on a few tracks on WTTN and CHSIB. Was she on Bat 1, er no, on dead Ringer, erm, don't think so, and they sold by the bucketloads. It is sad she is gone, I am as gutted as the rest, but it's not the end of the world, or the end of Meat Loaf, and Meat's camp doesn't have to respond to anything related to Patti, it's Meat's managment, not Patti's.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:31   #133
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
But the whole point is that "Meat Loaf" are not a band - it's Meat Loaf with the NLE, always has been
Case in point...When Meat first came on the scene, wasn't he great with Carla? Now, who remembers his road tour partner, I don't even know her name...the one who looked like Tim Curry?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:34   #134
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
So was you going to see a Patti Russo concert. And cd sales fall, WTH?????

People buy Meat albums because of the name on the front MEAT LOAF, Patti was only on Meat albums since 1993, backing on Bat 2, on a few tracks on WTTN and CHSIB. Was she on Bat 1, er no, on dead Ringer, erm, don't think so, and they sold by the bucketloads. It is sad she is gone, I am as gutted as the rest, but it's not the end of the world, or the end of Meat Loaf, and Meat's camp doesn't have to respond to anything related to Patti, it's Meat's managment, not Patti's.
Not the end of the world, just the end of "meat Loaf" for me...I'm sure others agree with you and that's fine, I hope Meat continues on with a great career...it's just that for people like me who saw Meat and Patti and the chemistry they had together on stage, it's all over now. Life moves on...to those who are fans of Meat and Meat alone, you can all move on with him. Unlike many who feel Meat is nobody without Steinman, I've always felt Steinman's best contributions were in the past...Life without Steinman can continue because Meat will always have his past songs to sing, but life without Patti (to me) means no more Meat experience on the stage!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:38   #135
fencingirl
Loafer

[QUOTE=TravisWRedfish;263482. I, for one, have already decided I no longer have a "need" to see Meat in concert...not without Patti anyway. The duets are just too big a part of the show, and Patti was his perfect partner, regardless of who is picked to replace her, the experience will never be the same...Like I said, Patti has a fanbase now and with her leaving, I'm sure alot of the fans will leave with her. The Meat Loaf experience will NEVER be the same without Patti Russo. Good luck Patti, and good luck to you too Meat...I know this won't be easy, especially with the Bat 3 release coming soon, followed by the Bat 3 tour. I really wish you both the best.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree! I will also leave with her! Without her the concerts are not the same! i hope she has the chance to make HER dreams come true!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:42   #136
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Not the end of the world, just the end of "meat Loaf" for me...I'm sure others agree with you and that's fine, I hope Meat continues on with a great career...it's just that for people like me who saw Meat and Patti and the chemistry they had together on stage, it's all over now. Life moves on...to those who are fans of Meat and Meat alone, you can all move on with him. Unlike many who feel Meat is nobody without Steinman, I've always felt Steinman's best contributions were in the past...Life without Steinman can continue because Meat will always have his past songs to sing, but life without Patti (to me) means no more Meat experience on the stage!
But Meat has always had the chemistry with all his female singing partners, even the Tim Curry looking one, and I am sure he will find another great singing partner. Just seeing Meat live, makes my night for me.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:46   #137
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
I couldn't disagree more. I think most people who want Patti back are thinking of Meat Loaf without Patti Russo. I can't even begin to imagine how much this is going to affect the group, because with as big a fanbase as Patti Russo has gotten, I guarantee you once the news gets around, sales of Meat's concerts will fall off pretty drastically, as well as CD sales. If in fact this is a career move on Patti's part, then more power to her. She deserves a great future. However, someone at Meat's camp should've made a public statement stating how Patti has decided to move on. Perhaps this would've helped the fans in dealing with the issue that Patti will no longer be in the group. As it stands now alot of fans will be speculating on why Patti has actually decided to leave, and once the shock sets in, many may decide not to follow a Meat group that doesn't include Patti. I, for one, have already decided I no longer have a "need" to see Meat in concert...not without Patti anyway. The duets are just too big a part of the show, and Patti was his perfect partner, regardless of who is picked to replace her, the experience will never be the same...Like I said, Patti has a fanbase now and with her leaving, I'm sure alot of the fans will leave with her. The Meat Loaf experience will NEVER be the same without Patti Russo. Good luck Patti, and good luck to you too Meat...I know this won't be easy, especially with the Bat 3 release coming soon, followed by the Bat 3 tour. I really wish you both the best.
An excellent summary. That's exactly why a statement is necessary. Sorry R. but why we shouldn't have a statement when Patti has been so much a part of building this incredible journey since Bat II. Fans do matter, this is a Fan Club and Patti is very much part of our Community because she is SPECIAL to us.

If it's to further her career then we wish her every success but heaven help the theatrical and vocal contribution to the show, I think a few people have underated how immense that contribution is.

No one is telling anyone what to do, the powers that be can refuse to say anything if they wish (probably will), that's their choice but they should know what people feel. It's stunning because of Patti's amazing contribution to Meat's concerts.

Mike
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:52   #138
PrissLoaf
Super Loafer

Quote:
I love Meat.

But Patti was a "duet partner", not a backup singer as such.

Concerts will continue to include "Paradise" and "Anything For Love", and Patti was integral to the live versions of those songs. A lesser partner will detract from Meat's performance. For such a little girl, Patti is leaving huge shoes to fill.

I wish them both continued success and happiness. But "no Patti" on stage will, for me, take away enough from the show that I cannot justify spending the $$$ for concert tx.

and that is not meant in any way as an insult to Meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Piercy View Post
...this is a Fan Club and Patti is very much part of our Community because she is SPECIAL to us.
CHSIB!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 18:54   #139
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

So, for those who are still Meat fans but are no longer seeing shows due to no Patti...are we not supporting, or at least giving a chance to, whoever steps in?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:02   #140
Jen
Arrrgh!

Damn...

All the best Patti.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:13   #141
Sue K
Mega Loafer

Quote:
So, for those who are still Meat fans but are no longer seeing shows due to no Patti...are we not supporting, or at least giving a chance to, whoever steps in?

i know you're not addressing me Lucy as i'll continue to see Meat in concert... but.. i agree... it's not even known yet who will be Meat's new partner in Paradise... already some are not accepting... imo.. we're all in a bit of shock right now... and just expressing how we're feeling... as it begins to sink in... and fans go to see the RAH... and bring back reports and the like.. perhaps then...

imo.. Patti would wish luck to whomever it is filling her role in the band..

t...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:31   #142
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

I for one DO wish Pattis replacment all the best.

They have very big shoes to fill, and we owe it to them to give them a chance.

I imagine it's also pretty intimadating to take over from someone who has been a firm fan favourite for thirteen years.

I can handle Patti leaving the band.
She is a fantastic talent, and, as anyone who has met her will probably tell you, a warm and wonderful person.

Although i'm saddend to see her go, perhaps this will be a new start for her, and she can concentrate on her own career.

I hope she finds her own independent success.

What I don't like, is the way her leaving has been handled.

She's been with us for thirteen years.
Did nobody think that we would care?

I get the feeling that if it wasn't for the romour that started (which prompted Patti to send that e mail), we would have all turned up at the RAH fully expection to see Patti there.

Now I will not be selling my ticket.
I'm foremost a Meat Loaf fan, but i'm bitterly unhappy that Patti either couldn't or wouldn't come to say goodbye at a show we had all expected to see her at.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:35   #143
sunneke
Mega Loafer

selling my ticket? no way!!! i love meat loaf, and the the band! I'm sorry that patti has gone but life goes on! she's not dead!!!!!!!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:41   #144
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
What a shame. My wife and I became HUGE fans of Meat after we discovered Patti...We went on to realize that Patti was to Meat what Abbott was to Costello, what Laurel was to Hardy and what Martin was to Lewis. We were so looking forward to the Bat 3 tour. Now we learned their won't be any Patti on this tour. While we'll continue to support Meat by buying his CDs, this terrible news has ended our needs to watch Meat in concert, it'll never be the same for us. Good luck in the future, Meat, we love you, but the live concert experience will never be the same for us without Patti in the pitcture. We'll always remember last August when you played the Beacon and how great that chemistry between you and Patti was. Melbourne will always be your greatest concert, we'll keep watching it til our DVD explodes. Good luck to you both, Meat and Patti.
considering I usually have to travel 4 to 5 hours to the nearest Meat concerts it pretty much hurts my interest too. Just being honest, she was a big draw & it hurts to lose her. I don't blame her though, maybe she got some offer she couldn't pass up. I hope so.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 19:43   #145
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunneke View Post
selling my ticket? no way!!! i love meat loaf, and the the band! I'm sorry that patti has gone but life goes on! she's not dead!!!!!!!
That post is for me the quintessence of the whole thing. Patti is gone, that´s a sad day, but Meat is still great and life goes on!
Hey, we should be happy anyway, we´ve got Bat3 and the RAH, at least me makes that happy
Old 16 Sep 2006, 20:24   #146
Tim
The Butcher

ow.... that just sucks big time... And that for the last tour and album. Very bad... but still.. .who knows what has happened and what will happen. It is her choice... to bad.. she knows what she is going to mis.

She was great.. will mis her! Good Luck patty
Old 16 Sep 2006, 20:29   #147
TravisWRedfish
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
It is her choice... to bad.. she knows what she is going to mis.
We don't know that it was her choice. No one has said why she's no longer in the band, but we do know that whether it was her choice or not, that has yet to be determined.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 20:57   #148
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiomaster View Post
That post is for me the quintessence of the whole thing. Patti is gone, that´s a sad day, but Meat is still great and life goes on!
Hey, we should be happy anyway, we´ve got Bat3 and the RAH, at least me makes that happy
I thought you were not going to RAH? Are you now?
Old 16 Sep 2006, 21:02   #149
RadioMaster
The German

No I´m not (I wish I was btw), but 1) i spoke in general and 2) I will see it on dvd later
Old 16 Sep 2006, 22:23   #150
MissAsh
Super Loafer

Thank you for posting that Eva.
This has hit me like a ton of bricks to be honest. There are not many female vocallists whose voices I actually really like, but Patti is the exception to that. Plus, as I'm still so young, I don't really remember any of the other singers so much as I've grown up watching Patti on TV doing live performances and such with Meat.
I am very glad that I had the chance to see her live with Meat and the rest of the NLE in 2004. That wasn't just a concert, it was a SHOW, and one of the best I've ever seen. I loved the way they acted up together on stage and the sound of their voices together. It's a shame that I now won't get a chance to experience that again, but if it's for the best then so be it.

While I'm very sad that Patti has left, I'm first and foremost a Meat Loaf fan, and I will be supporting him whatever happens. All you people who are saying you'll give up now - well how nice of you, I can imagine Meat will be oh-so-happy to hear his so called 'fans' saying that.
Patti, if you're reading this, all the best for the future. Will miss seeing you with Meat, but I hope everything goes well for you and you are happy in whatever you're doing next.
Closed Thread