mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:33   #76
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
Why? Perhaps Patti is doing exactly what Patti wants to do...finally.

It's amazing me how selfish some people are, because they're certainly not thinking about what's in the best interest for Patti but more what's in the best interest for themselves.

Pud
Perhaps she is ... I've never said anything other ... if you choose to read the posts carefully. I can assure you that Patti's best interests are certainly close to my heart. I feel if anyone deserves to succeed in a sea of pop mediocrity it is the wonderful Patti ... areal performer with a wonderful voice. If she is pursuing a solo career good luck Patti ... tell us if you are coming to the UK and we'll be there.

Mike
BRING BACK PATTI ... now
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:44   #77
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

I read the posts carefully, and what I'm reading is some people wanting a 'bring back Patti' campaign, which to me seems like a selfish request.

Pud
Old 16 Sep 2006, 12:50   #78
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
I read the posts carefully, and what I'm reading is some people wanting a 'bring back Patti' campaign, which to me seems like a selfish request.

Pud
So? Who are you to judge.

The timing of this is not good for promo ... why has no official announcement been made I wonder?

I want Patti to do what she wants to do ... I just hope it's her decision and she is to pursue a solo career, she deserves to get individual success.

But ... whatever people say it won't be the same without Patti, we'll still go to the tour but a major era for the band has passed.

Ignore Pud BRING BACK PATTI

Mike
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:15   #79
icecube
Rookie

Thanks Patti for those wonderful years! I hope you get the career you want and I hope that somehow we can be a part of that, whether you will be doing rockshows, musicals or something completely different! All the best,rock on!

Greetz Icecube
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:25   #80
andythemeatloafan
Loafer

Cant really believe shes left waaaaaaaaaa good luck Patti, i wish you all the success you can possibly have!! sends a big mwhaaaaaaaa to Patti
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:37   #81
mszee
Mega Loafer

I just wish there was some kind of official word at this point...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:41   #82
Eva
friend

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Isn't it official enough if Patti says that she left the band???
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:41   #83
RadioMaster
The German

Quote:
yes, me too
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:42   #84
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

you never know - she might be leaving the band after the next tour - but just letting people know that she will be leaving but not just yet

I would really love and so would others if she could be on the tour for Bat 3 as it could well be the last ever tour that Meat will do ( I hope not though )

MY FINGERS ARE CROSSED !!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:46   #85
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

I wish Patti all the luck in the world.
I was very upset yesterday hearing the news for the first time but I will support her in whatever path she chooses, we cannot judge or force her decision otherwise, so I think the best we can do is show our love and support at this time, we do not know the circumstances or situation behind this and I think when the time is right we will be enlightened but until then we should just respect her wish to have left.
I would be liying if I said I wouldn't miss her because she has filled the space for thirteen years now, there are many reasons why she probably wanted to leave but I don't analize them because I do not know the full extent of this. I love you Patti, if you read this and I wish you all the joy, luck and success for the future.

Take Care and Keep Rockin'

XxX
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:47   #86
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Isn't it official enough if Patti says that she left the band???
Eva, I am not at all saying that what you posted isn't true...please do not misunderstand me...

I am just saying that this kind of news is usually announced in a somewhat different manner...even RR people seem to be shocked and devastated right now...nobody knows about RAH...nobody knows about Broadway...nobody knows about upcoming tour...and everybody is wondering about the same thing...

And although we will probably never find out the real reason why she left and it is ok - I think as fans we do deserve to know a bit more and from more direct and official channels.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:49   #87
Leah
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
I wish Patti all the luck in the world.
I was very upset yesterday hearing the news for the first time but I will support her in whatever path she chooses, we cannot judge or force her decision otherwise, so I think the best we can do is show our love and support at this time, we do not know the circumstances or situation behind this and I think when the time is right we will be enlightened but until then we should just respect her wish to have left.
I would be liying if I said I wouldn't miss her because she has filled the space for thirteen years now, there are many reasons why she probably wanted to leave but I don't analize them because I do not know the full extent of this. I love you Patti, if you read this and I wish you all the joy, luck and success for the future.

Take Care and Keep Rockin'

XxX

Very well put MeatGrl1 I agree and wish Patti all the very best for the future.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:51   #88
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

My feelings on this now are that i'm upset, angry, and feeling let down.

I thought it was strange that Marion was given the "big" duet on Bat III while Patti was put a little further down the line.But Patti continued to work on the album, and she was at the NJ show, so although thinking it was strange, everything looked fine between them.

Now this?

At this time?

In 4 weeks and two days, Meat is gonna take on the RAH.
It's the only gig in the UK this year.

It's also looking to be, by far, the biggest congregation on mlukfc.

It's going to be a hell of an event.

How can a replacment for Patti be found at such short notice?

Can you imagine Marion Raven singing Paradise or Anything For Love?

PLEASE GOD NO

We've suported Patti for thirteen years now.
She's been a BIG thing about being a Meat fan.

Now, after all those years, she leaves like this.

Nothing official, just an e mail to a fan saying "would you mind posting this?"

WE'VE BEEN DUMPED BY E MAIL

This just isn't right.

I don't know if Patti left, or Meat fired her, but I do know i'm angry at the person who took the decission that Patti would not be at RAH.

If it were annouced that this will be Patti's last show and she will be leaving the band after that, we'd at least have a chance to say goodbye, and she'd have a chance to say goodbye to us (assuming she gives a damn, because at the moment it looks like there is someone who doesn't).

If Patti joined us at the RAH, there would have been celebration.

A big send off in front of people who genuinly love her.

We could have accepted that a lot better.

To go like this is a disgrace

Meat has said nothing on the issue, and people have pointed out that it's nothing to do with us why she left, but without some kind of explination, don't ask us to understand.

Meat, Patti, I don't know what's happened, but for Gods sake do what is right and let us say goodbye properly.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:56   #89
Eva
friend

Cool

Quote:
...nobody knows about RAH...nobody knows about Broadway...nobody knows about upcoming tour...
Sorry, but is it a Patti-tour or a Meat Loaf-tour ??

Of course we do know about RAH - we have even bought tickets!!

And I remember 1997: All of a sudden Steven Buslow left the band without ONE word....

Eva
Old 16 Sep 2006, 14:56   #90
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE View Post
My feelings on this now are that i'm upset, angry, and feeling let down.

I thought it was strange that Marion was given the "big" duet on Bat III while Patti was put a little further down the line.But Patti continued to work on the album, and she was at the NJ show, so although thinking it was strange, everything looked fine between them.

Now this?

At this time?

In 4 weeks and two days, Meat is gonna take on the RAH.
It's the only gig in the UK this year.

It's also looking to be, by far, the biggest congregation on mlukfc.

It's going to be a hell of an event.

Can you imagine Marion Raven singing Paradise or Anything For Love?

PLEASE GOD NO

This just isn't right.

I don't know if Patti left, or Meat fired her, but I do know i'm angry at the person who took the decission that Patti would not be at RAH.

If it were annouced that this will be Patti's last show and she will be leaving the band after that, we'd at least have a chance to say goodbye, and she'd have a chance to say goodbye to us (assuming she gives a damn, because at the moment it looks like there is someone who doesn't).

If Patti joined us at the RAH, there would have been celebration.

A big send off in front of people who genuinly love her.

We could have accepted that a lot better.

To go like this is a disgrace

Meat has said nothing on the issue, and people have pointed out that it's nothing to do with us why she left, but without some kind of explination, don't ask us to understand.

Meat, Patti, I don't know what's happened, but for Gods sake do what is right and let us say goodbye properly.

what a speak - I don't know what to say after reading it all.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:03   #91
Susi
Loafer

Quote:
:

This just isn't right.
What you wrote sounds as if you think she owes us something - but she doesn't! She has given us such a lot of wonderful shows and memories. We should be grateful to her instead of blaming her!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:07   #92
Mike Piercy
cat out of hell

Quote:

This just isn't right.

...................................................................... ......... Meat has said nothing on the issue, and people have pointed out that it's nothing to do with us why she left, but without some kind of explination, don't ask us to understand.

What worries me Mousie is that there is no official management line from Meat's side. You would have thought given Patti's significance and status in the band there would have been some announcement.

I would have thought if Patti's sole reason for leaving was to pursue a solo career she would have said. I don't see it as Patti dumping us ... there seems to be more to it given the brevity of her e-mail and the lack of response from anywhere else. I think Patti saw the speculation on this site arising from her not being seen at the rehearsals and tried to respond to the concerns some expressed. I have no doubt Patti has always considered the fans which is why everyone loved her and why we are all so upset.

My guess is they already have a replacement or temporary stand-in but however good that person is they won't be Patti ... I know an in-law of mine won't go to any future concert if Patti isn't there and he means it!

Interesting they sold all the tickets before this came up don't you think?

Can't get to the RAH but we'll see the tour ... but without Patti the impact on vocals won't be the same and that will unfortunately be noticeable. It's a pity 'cos I always viewed this as the last real significant tour with a chance to say goodbye to everyone in the band but now ...

Mike

BRING BACK PATTI

Last edited by Mike Piercy; 16 Sep 2006 at 15:23.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:09   #93
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eva View Post
Sorry, but is it a Patti-tour or a Meat Loaf-tour ??

Of course we do know about RAH - we have even bought tickets!!

And I remember 1997: All of a sudden Steven Buslow left the band without ONE word....

Eva
This is somewhat strange comment to what I was trying to say...

Of course, it's Meat Loaf tour!

But Patti has been part of this for 13-14 years now. The BEST years in my opinion since BatI for Meat Loaf and his fans. To deny now her existence and the fact that in all these years she was absolutely fantastic and earned her own fan following among us - Loafers - is impossible.

You can't compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, I am sorry...

Yes, Albert Hall is going forward and people have tickets...but who is going to be lead female vocalist? That's the question...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:13   #94
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi View Post
We should be grateful to her instead of blaming her!
I don't know WHO I blame yet.

I don't know what happened.

I just know that this is no way for her to go.

Now wether it was Patti's decission, or if it was Meat's, that is another thing.
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:15   #95
Ma.Ra
Trekkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Who cares what the exact reasons are? Is that really our business? Does it make you love the music more or less?

I am so surprised that so many people on this board need to scrutinise everything so much.

Meat will go on without Patti. Patti will go on without Meat.
Yes for me, it makes a different. For example, after Tom Cruise turning to the ulimate scientology member, I don't watch his movies longer. (I really liked his movies, but after his appearances in the public )

If it was Pattis decision, I have to live with that and wish her all the best. If it was other circumstances, it changes some things.

Never mind, here something else: This is a "tribute footage" to Patti from mimi from the batland (sorry, I really have problems with "of" and "from", in German it is one word )

Great video!
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:15   #96
LostSoul
Got metal?

@Patti
Break a leg! You've been part of our lives, we'll never forget you.

@Eva
Thanx for the vid, how sweet...

Pat
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:17   #97
Eva
friend

Cool

Quote:
You can't compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, I am sorry...

Yes, Albert Hall is going forward and people have tickets...but who is going to be lead female vocalist? That's the question...
Of course I can compare Patti's departure with that of Steven Buslow, he was many many years the musical director of the band and he had a HUGE bunch of fans as well!!

...and we will see and hear who is going to be the lead female vocalist in time, I am sure!!

Please do stop all this asking and complaining now! I think all this is new to Patti, to Meat and all the band members.
We should give them a little bit more time!!

Think about if you were Patti: Wouldn't all that asking and complaining hurt you??

Eva
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:18   #98
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susi View Post
What you wrote sounds as if you think she owes us something - but she doesn't! She has given us such a lot of wonderful shows and memories. We should be grateful to her instead of blaming her!
Nobody is blaming anybody...but EVERY artist owes something to their fans...because without their fans...don't know where they would be...
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:20   #99
Leah
Mega Loafer

Patti was gracious and kind enough to send us all an email through Eva. She didn't have to do that but she did. I think we should respect Patti's desicion and if she or Meat want to tell us more then thats down to them to do so. Of course i'd love to know 'why' but until either one of them says why, we shouldn't really assume or speculate on the matter.
But the NLE will not be the same without her. Even my family who i've converted into Meat fans over the years are saddened by the news.
To many of us Patti is irreplaceable nomatter who takes over from her. She has forged her own fans throughout the years and I think she will always have a place in the heart of a Loafer
Old 16 Sep 2006, 15:21   #100
mszee
Mega Loafer

Mike Percy, I am sorry but I didn't understand your post - can you please explain?
Closed Thread