mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29 Jul 2003, 23:14   #26
evil nickname
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 19.04.2003
Posts: 2,238
Default Re: hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_dancer
All in all, very well put 'Evil', if I may call you Evil :lol:
Sure you may...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica
Rover
Wanderer
Nomad
Vagabond

Call me what you will
CarylB, OK, Greg's question may have been about 'live covers'... but for me, its mostly the same as I said before...
When I go to a Meat show (hopefully again in december or whenever he decides to come back to Holland) I want to hear Meat's own songs... I wasn't really thrilled with the 'Stomp the band'/acoustic cover set on the TVBOML tour in '99. Instead of playing Prince and the Eagles, I would have found it far more interesting to hear his own songs in an unplugged setting.
What would be the point of including recent covers in your setlist when you're an artist of Meat's status?
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2003, 01:18   #27
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Evil Nickname wrote:
Quote:
..... What would be the point of including recent covers in your setlist when you're an artist of Meat's status?
Probably none .. but this also wasn't what we were talking about .. this was a lighthearted thread about our dreams I thought .. songs we'd love to hear Meat's voice delivering ... doesn't need to make commercial sense .. wasn't about the set list for the tour .. just dreams and fun .. and the point? .. pleasure :)
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2003, 18:14   #28
Crystal Eyes
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2003
Location: In the clouds
Posts: 649
Default

Am I only the one who can hear Meat singing Faster than the Speed of Night? I think that would be a good one but not Total Eclipse of the Heart.

By the way does anyone know who sings the 'turn arounds' on that?
Crystal Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:00   #29
evil nickname
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 19.04.2003
Posts: 2,238
Default

OK Caryl, I think I get the point now :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Eyes
By the way does anyone know who sings the 'turn arounds' on that?
A fantastic singer by the name of Rory Dodd...
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2003, 20:36   #30
PanicLord
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 18.06.2003
Location:  At The End Of The Line
Posts: 2,654
Default

Ah, well, there are sooooo many!

Dance In My Pants (Pleeeeeeeease!) - With Bonnie Tyler?
Let Me Entertain You - So much better than RW.
The Rose - Great idea there!
Glory Days - By The Boss.
Any new song that Jim writes for Bat 3!
All Coming Back would be great too (NOT with Celine!).
Crawling From The Wreckage - Dave Edmunds?
When Tomorrow Comes - Eurythmics...

That's enough for now ... What do you think?
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2003, 23:34   #31
White of High
Nature's Siegfried
 
Join Date: 27.05.2002
Location:  Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 2,930
Default

Angels Of Darkness by Rhapsody?
I know it's a 19 minutes long but why not? And it'd heavier than Meat's music but why not? And it's symphonic metal but why not?

And another: When The Smoke Is Going Down by Scorpions!!!
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2003, 11:48   #32
Shadows On The Wall
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 17.03.2003
Location: Wales
Posts: 278
Default

Pseronally id lke to hear his spin on gilbert and sulivan - modern major general
Shadows On The Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Aug 2003, 12:22   #33
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

That's really interesting Shadows .. I've often thought how suited Meat would be for G&S .. his diction is so good. Remember him saying that Richard O'B had said to him "Don't worry about trying to get all the words in Hot Patootie .. it's impossible" .. and Meat made every one count?

Modern Major General would be excellent .. and the LH Executioner's song from the Mikado? .. I can just hear him singing about his little list, particularly the final breakneck chorus!!
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2003, 02:52   #34
Shane
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 30.04.2002
Location: Palmerston North, New Zealand (GMT+12)
Posts: 608
Default Re: I would love to

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG
Did you know that Meat, did do a song by queen, well sort of? Brian May, the guitarist of the awesome band queen, well him and Meat did a song together called heroes, yea wanna hear it? gimme a shout, its an awesome song!
Yes I knew that, it was for an International Special Olympics or something like that. I have it on a cheap rock compilation cd I found.

Speaking of Queen, when Meat was a guest host on VH1 radio (or something like that), he played "We Will Rock You" as an example of songs he liked.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2003, 15:51   #35
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire
 
Join Date: 29.01.2003
Location:  Still Rockin' at "72"
Posts: 13,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie
Too right - Dixie - Only seen Meat sing this once on the Tribute to Elvis years ago. Masterful performance from Meat - Liked it more than the original

Unforgettable Opera - - Roger Daltrey - The lyrics to this are just made for Meat Loaf.
If you go to General Messages - A song for Meat Loaf Unforgettable Opera, you can read the lyrics for yourself and make your own choice.
I think its around the 16th April that I originally posted it.
dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 22:39   #36
Rob The Badger
Too sexy for this post
 
Join Date: 14.04.2002
Location:  Manchester, UK
Posts: 2,895
Default

My choice would be Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. It would be very interesting, thought I don't think it could beat Jeff Buckley's version. That was just an orgasm in sound, his voice was so beautiful.
Rob The Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Sep 2003, 22:50   #37
evil nickname
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 19.04.2003
Posts: 2,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeore
My choice would be Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen. It would be very interesting, thought I don't think it could beat Jeff Buckley's version. That was just an orgasm in sound, his voice was so beautiful.
I have the same feeling, but then with Rufus Wainwright's version (from the Shrek soundtrack).
Goosebumps all over the place...
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2003, 00:34   #38
original sin
Sinner
 
Join Date: 15.04.2003
Location: cyber space
Posts: 2,457
Default

If I could hear Meat sing something previously done bya nother artist I would like to hear him sing "Crying in the chapel" I think he could do it justice with the right emotion.
original sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2003, 17:18   #39
bambi
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.07.2003
Location: if sum1 knows plz tell me!!
Posts: 312
Default

i'd like 2 see meat doin sumthing by Queen like bohemian rhapsody, wud b V amusing
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2003, 19:38   #40
little_dancer
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 23.06.2003
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 363
Default

Eyeore-You've got me thinking Cohen again, I think I may have suggested this elsewhere in the thread, but a version of "So long Marianne" would be lovely....Yes?
little_dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2003, 00:06   #41
tukayaway
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.05.2002
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 485
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2003
Ah, well, there are sooooo many!

Let Me Entertain You - So much better than RW.
How about the Queen version? Lyrically and musically better.
tukayaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2003, 19:42   #42
bambi
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.07.2003
Location: if sum1 knows plz tell me!!
Posts: 312
Default

theres a Queen Version really??
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2003, 20:11   #43
evil nickname
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 19.04.2003
Posts: 2,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshachic
theres a Queen Version really?? :? 8O :?
No, there's not a Queen version -- Queen has a song that's called "Let Me Entertain You". Totally different from the Robbie Williams' song. It's on one of their CD's from before "Night at the Opera" if that helps...
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Sep 2003, 22:35   #44
bambi
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.07.2003
Location: if sum1 knows plz tell me!!
Posts: 312
Default

ahhh i only hav the platinum thing ,*thinks* shud really buy sum more tho
bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 03:51   #45
RSG
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 27.07.2003
Location:  Canada
Posts: 3,296
Default

Meat Loaf doing Steinman's Dance In My Pants, with Pearl. That would be the greatest

(I will be now using that search, more so than ever, its really helpful.)
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2003, 04:54   #46
Lady B
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 06.02.2003
Location: Colorado ~ USA
Posts: 334
Default

Hmmmmm . . . for me, just about anything Bob Seger did. I think we talked a bit about it on the ROL list because I had heard "Come to Papa" on the local classic rock station (I hadn't heard it in years) and I thought it would be so cool to hear Meat do it. I'd love to hear him do "Beautiful Loser". Right off the top of my head that's all I could think of at the moment.

Lady B ~ Long live Bob Seger and homegrown Meeeeechigan Rock & Roll!!!
Lady B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2003, 00:03   #47
Gez
Knicker thief
 
Join Date: 17.04.2003
Location:  auch...not on the fence
Posts: 5,636
Default

What about 'We've Got Tonight' by Bob Segar and many others??

At the end of the day he is the main man for ballads!!
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2003, 01:40   #48
Lady B
Super Loafer
 
Join Date: 06.02.2003
Location: Colorado ~ USA
Posts: 334
Default

Gerry, think it's about time for me to go find that Silver Bullet Live album and listen again. There's nothing like Bob. Like Meat, he puts his signature on a song and makes it uniquely his own.

Lady B
Lady B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2003, 19:25   #49
Gez
Knicker thief
 
Join Date: 17.04.2003
Location:  auch...not on the fence
Posts: 5,636
Default

Lady B, u sure a a lady with class.
Big Bobs the man, a piece of class who doesn't get reconigsed in the UK as much as he deserves.

Think I'll go for a stroll down Mainstreat
Gez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2004, 22:05   #50
needmoremeat
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 23.11.2003
Location:  Sunderland, UK
Posts: 1,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
Freddie's the one person imo who's come close to Meat as a rock performer .. great voice and passion .. real stage presence .. you can hear the words .. so yes, that and any other strong Queen number. But I can really see Meat singing "Don't stop me now!!" :)
I LOVE Don't stop Me Now!!!!!!!! That's my fave queen song at the moment!!!!!! D/led it just the other day!!!
needmoremeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:00.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.08003 seconds with 13 queries.