mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:31   #26
Ma.Ra
Trekkie
 
Join Date: 25.07.2004
Location:  in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 863
Default

Then I prefer "every broadway" artist than any popper...
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:32   #27
Ma.Ra
Trekkie
 
Join Date: 25.07.2004
Location:  in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 863
Default

Then I prefer "every broadway" artist than any popper...

I love Elaine Caswells voice
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 22:49   #28
mszee
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2006
Location:  And you think you're down under???
Posts: 26,252
Default

Our "poppers" Clay Aiken and Fantasia are on Broadway now...who do you think is on Broadway???
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:00   #29
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
 
Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:  New Zealand
Posts: 5,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma.Ra View Post
Seems Steinman is primarly interested in money.
If that were true, then Steinman would have produced Bat 3 and raked in royalities for all the songs on the album. He'd also be pumping out compilation after compilation and probably get any old American Idol fart to sing one of his songs on their albums and rake in more money from them.

Your anti-Steinman rhetoric of late is kinda baffling to say the least.

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:10   #30
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
 
Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:  New Zealand
Posts: 5,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
funny....was thinking about this today: who is better suited for a steinman album, rob evan or rhydian?
Judging from this one clip ive heard i have to say i prefer his voice to rob evan's. hes got something unique, interesting, while rob evan sounds like every second broadway artist. that said ive never been a huge fan of rob evan doing steinman, so i might be a little biased on this one.
You pretty much summed it up. Rhydian, although not the best thing since sliced bread, is good, he does have something unique. The only thing unique about Rob Evan is the size of his head, which is bigger than an Hallowe'en pumpkin.


The Dream Engine was primarily a Steven Rinkoff project not Steinman's and the success and failure of it was mainly due to the direction (or lack of) from Rinkoff. Rob Evan would have suited TDE in the role of say a touring show like what Trans-Siberian Orchestra is. I don't believe for one minute that TDE with Rob Evan as lead singer would of or could of made it commercially successful in the tradition 'group' sense like The Osmonds or Jackson 5 or Metallica

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:16   #31
Ma.Ra
Trekkie
 
Join Date: 25.07.2004
Location:  in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
If that were true, then Steinman would have produced Bat 3 and raked in royalities for all the songs on the album. He'd also be pumping out compilation after compilation and probably get any old American Idol fart to sing one of his songs on their albums and rake in more money from them.

Your anti-Steinman rhetoric of late is kinda baffling to say the least.

Pud
You have no idea. Since OTT and because bat3 and the Neverland Express without Patti I am more steinman-esque than before....

I just can't here such casted stuff...
I don't know, but the German version is so horrible awfull and the big man in the jury, Dieter Bohlen (former member of "modern talking"), may write the songs for the winners of "Idol" and his songs are so awful, you wouldn't believe.

Seeing Steinman in this league hurts.

EDIT: I mean I really don't wanna strange sunged steinman songs, like the most of your blog-site, pud.

Last edited by Ma.Ra; 21 Jan 2008 at 23:30.
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:36   #32
djfierce
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 15.06.2005
Location:  
Posts: 3,596
Default

ok before you lanch into bad singing comments, take a look at his best performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUuOlsEDfU


give the guy a break

geez
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:41   #33
firefly
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2006
Location:  paradise
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
just looked up his performance of afl on youtube, and i have to say hes definitely got something. Hes got a bit of an opera touch, which i always like about singers (-> Steve Barton, etc) I'm sure if Jim finds material that suits him and makes him understand the songs, then the result wont to too bad.
Rhydian should have an opera touch to him he has been doing opera for 5 year's.... all I say is..... All the best to Rhydian and Jim and can't wait to hear some new songs from Jim.
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:53   #34
Ma.Ra
Trekkie
 
Join Date: 25.07.2004
Location:  in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 863
Default

Me thinks it is a personal thing: I dont like his stage performance, if there is any (comparing to Meat or the so called Broadway singers), also I don't like hydrogen-blond hairs (bad memories to a film character).
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 23:59   #35
angelica
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 04.11.2007
Posts: 3,378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
ok before you lanch into bad singing comments, take a look at his best performance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUuOlsEDfU


give the guy a break

geez
I only caught bits of the show so can't really comment on all his performances, but what I did see, I thought he was the best of the bunch. He had a really good stage presence and a really strong voice. Thanks for posting the above Anji because I did'nt see that, thought that was brilliant! All I would say is good luck to the lad.
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:00   #36
djfierce
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 15.06.2005
Location:  
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma.Ra View Post
Me thinks it is a personal thing: I dont like his stage performance, if there is any (comparing to Meat or the so called Broadway singers), also I don't like hydrogen-blond hairs (bad memories to a film character).



i agree about the stage presence/performance but my reference was to your comments on singing quality, he can sing very well, still has much to learn but we will see what happens, from his afl performance to the end of the show he grew alot and seemed willing to be humbled and learn a few things.

I dont think we can really comment on stage presence etc until we see the finished article and how he comes out of this process he is about to enter. A very exciting time for him and i hope he makes the most of it.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:13   #37
mszee
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2006
Location:  And you think you're down under???
Posts: 26,252
Default

OK...so I went on youtube and listened to Rhydian...

Definitely can sing Steinman songs...no doubt...

Who knows...maybe a young man with a fresh voice is an inspiration...rather than money making opportunity for an artist like Steinman?

I can definitely see Rhydian inspiring Steinman rather than Rob Evan...

By the way...what kind of name is Rhydian (sorry for my ignorance) and what kind of accent is it??? Definitely the one to watch in my opinion...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:14   #38
firefly
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2006
Location:  paradise
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma.Ra View Post
Me thinks it is a personal thing: I dont like his stage performance, if there is any (comparing to Meat or the so called Broadway singers), also I don't like hydrogen-blond hairs (bad memories to a film character).
Was anyone comparing Meat to Rhydion....?????

Rhydion sang great on a few his his performances and even tho there was a few songs he was struggeling with... he sang most of them very well... he must, have for Jim to do a song for him.
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:15   #39
djfierce
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 15.06.2005
Location:  
Posts: 3,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
By the way...what kind of name is Rhydian (sorry for my ignorance) and what kind of accent is it??? Definitely the one to watch in my opinion...
he's Welsh hun
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:16   #40
mszee
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2006
Location:  And you think you're down under???
Posts: 26,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
he's Welsh hun
Thanks...

Well, if we don't get here his record...I might need a favor or two...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:16   #41
firefly
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2006
Location:  paradise
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
he's Welsh hun
Only the Best!!!!
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:17   #42
firefly
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2006
Location:  paradise
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Thanks...

Well, if we don't get here his record...I might need a favor or two...
Just give me a shout!!!
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:18   #43
RadioMaster
The German
 
Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:  some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos...
Posts: 15,778
Default

hes definitely got potential, so much is clear. The interesting thing to see is where this is gonna lead him, and Jim Steinman involved in this whole thing is a good sign that this will become something quite interesting.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 00:20   #44
firefly
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 09.07.2006
Location:  paradise
Posts: 3,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
hes definitely got potential, so much is clear. The interesting thing to see is where this is gonna lead him, and Jim Steinman involved in this whole thing is a good sign that this will become something quite interesting.
Totaly agree with you RJ... if he was'nt any good do you think Jim would be interested.... dont think so.
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 01:12   #45
mszee
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2006
Location:  And you think you're down under???
Posts: 26,252
Default

Thanks, Ali...I just might call you on that!!!

I say nutty things today...so this may not be an exception...although he isn't Steven Barton...there is something reminds me of him in the Dance of the Vampires...I am not sure what...something collective...stage presence, looks, etc...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 09:02   #46
Ma.Ra
Trekkie
 
Join Date: 25.07.2004
Location:  in the middle of nowhere
Posts: 863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefly View Post
Was anyone comparing Meat to Rhydion....?????

Rhydion sang great on a few his his performances and even tho there was a few songs he was struggeling with... he sang most of them very well... he must, have for Jim to do a song for him.
Yes! There will always be comparions with Meat. Because Steinman an Jim are the originial dynamic duo. Otherwise you compare someone often with his largest success'.
Ma.Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 10:37   #47
RadioMaster
The German
 
Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:  some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos...
Posts: 15,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszee View Post
Thanks, Ali...I just might call you on that!!!

I say nutty things today...so this may not be an exception...although he isn't Steven Barton...there is something reminds me of him in the Dance of the Vampires...I am not sure what...something collective...stage presence, looks, etc...

i think it's his stage persona: elegant, cool, slightly arrogant, self-confident....I quite like that, it's a difference to these always-smiling, ever-happy boygroup-archetype kind of newcomers, who all look and act the same.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jan 2008, 14:06   #48
mszee
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 28.03.2006
Location:  And you think you're down under???
Posts: 26,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
i think it's his stage persona: elegant, cool, slightly arrogant, self-confident....I quite like that, it's a difference to these always-smiling, ever-happy boygroup-archetype kind of newcomers, who all look and act the same.
Very different...and different is good...
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:01   #49
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 24.07.2006
Posts: 1,269
Default

First Boyzone, then Westlife, and now this.

For me, Steinman's songs are best performed by someone with heart, and grit. From all I've seen, Rhydian is nothing but an arrogant show-off who revels in his own pomposity, and every song I've seen him sing comes off as some sort of horrible Vegas-style parody.

I have to say, it would be a terrible shame for any new Steinman gems to be wasted on him.

Last edited by lorenzoduke; 23 Jan 2008 at 09:07.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jan 2008, 09:54   #50
RadioMaster
The German
 
Join Date: 11.03.2006
Location:  some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos...
Posts: 15,778
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
First Boyzone, then Westlife, and now this.

For me, Steinman's songs are best performed by someone with heart, and grit. From all I've seen, Rhydian is nothing but an arrogant show-off who revels in his own pomposity, and every song I've seen him sing comes off as some sort of horrible Vegas-style parody.

I have to say, it would be a terrible shame for any new Steinman gems to be wasted on him.
couldnt disagree more. lol
I think hes a welcome change to westlife, boyzone, etc.
Rob Evan is rather the artist I'd add to the above list, although (unlike those boygroups) he can sing.
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:20.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.

Page generated in 0.07084 seconds with 13 queries.