|
|||||||
| View Poll Results: So what do you think? | |||
| Beatles |
|
6 | 42.86% |
| Stones. |
|
8 | 57.14% |
| Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll | |||
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools |
|
|
#26 |
|
Relentless
![]() Join Date: 21.11.2003
Location:
Posts: 18,694
|
Well said Sherrie... and this whole conversation started from the nominations for the lifetime achievement award for contributions to never stopping rocking...... The Beatles stopped (at their peak it must be added), the Stones only will when they're all dead and whilst they may not always cut it when recording, live they are still awesome!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#27 |
|
queen post- whore extraordinaire
![]() Join Date: 29.01.2003
Location:
Posts: 13,181
|
Well I do have a photograph of the Fab 4 together, never been able to work when it was taken though, maybe someone on here could HELP me if I e mail it to them, and I also appeared as an extra at the Scala theatre for the filming of Hard Days Night.
I digress.... |
|
|
|
|
|
#28 |
|
Super Loafer
![]() Join Date: 23.03.2003
Location: Windeck, Germany
Posts: 606
|
"Those in the cheaper seats clap your hands, the rest of you rattle your jewellery." ...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#29 | |
|
Too sexy for this post
![]() Join Date: 14.04.2002
Location:
Posts: 2,895
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#30 |
|
The Butcher
![]() Join Date: 14.04.2002
Location:
Posts: 10,321
|
Think that people will hang me now....
I think that both groups are horrible!!! Okay... both made music and some of the songs are covered by a lot of artists but still.... my god... how terrible they are. The rolling stones think they are a kind of a god, and the people found the beatles a kind of a god. Okay, the beatles are almost dead, so now the rolling stones. |
|
|
|
|
|
#31 | |
|
Too sexy for this post
![]() Join Date: 14.04.2002
Location:
Posts: 2,895
|
Quote:
Each to his own. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#32 |
|
Knicker thief
![]() Join Date: 17.04.2003
Location:
Posts: 5,636
|
Tim, I'm with you.
Both groups are very pi**!!!!! |
|
|
|
|
|
#33 |
|
The Bat
![]() Join Date: 23.03.2003
Location: Roosting on a Silver-Black Phantom Bike.
Posts: 10,017
|
i don't and have never liked the Beatles, their music just doesn't appeal to me.
I don't like the Stones either.........sorry folks Bren |
|
|
|
|
|
#34 |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 27.07.2003
Location:
Posts: 3,296
|
My votes went to the stones.
I like the Stones more, and really I just started getting into the Beatles. More SO Lennon. But ya Stones are a great Rock N Roll Band. Are they overrated, hmm? I am not really sure how to answer that? |
|
|
|
|
|
#35 |
|
Mega Loafer
![]() Join Date: 13.10.2003
Location:
Posts: 3,668
|
In my opinion Beatles paved the way to the others. But when you looking Stones conserts itīs amazing who old men like Jagger and Richards still can tour around the world.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#36 |
|
Super Loafer
![]() Join Date: 20.04.2003
Location: UK
Posts: 551
|
Im more of a Who fan myself although I love the Beatles and the Stones aswell.
The Beatles had songwritters who made simple lyrics mean so much and the later albums from Rubber Soul / Revolver onwards are by far the better albums. The Stones were and still are a great rock n' roll band who had the bad boy image to match. Wild Horses and Gimmie Shelter are great tracks - whats everyones fave songs by the two bands |
|
|
|