mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 17 Oct 2006, 04:17   #1
Toolster
Loafer

Default What you think of Aspen Miller?

Hi all just was wondering what ppl thought of Aspen after the RAH gig

For me she was not powerful enough to company Meat, and have to say I did not like her take on Paradise and I also though she was to young for the part (if that makes sense to anyone)

Like many of us I have grown up with Patti as Meat`s female lead and to compare her to Patti on the strengh of 1 gig would be unfare as they are very big shoes to fill, However I just felt that she was to young and not ready for the part she had to play.

What you all think?
Toolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 09:52   #2
jamesd
Rookie

thought her voice was great but because she is so young and so tiny I felt a bit odd watching her prance about in a bra, bit like watching your little sister.
Doesn't have Patti's sex appeal.
jamesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 10:49   #3
hairyvince
Rookie

I thought she was great bearing in mind the shoes she had to fill -
Patti was amazing, not sure of the reasons why she is left the band.

Would have loved to have seen Patti and Aspen in We will rock you, bet that was v.v.good.

Well Done Aspen...Never stop rocking!
hairyvince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 11:44   #4
Space Monkey
Super Loafer

I thought she was really good.

She was absolutely STUNNING too.
Space Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 13:47   #5
cjz06
Rookie

I agree she kinda annoyed me but as you said it is a big part to fill, she had a good body though one i would love lol!!!
cjz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 13:51   #6
Paul191
Mega Loafer

WOW! She was hot hot hot! I loved her.......... and thought her voice was great too. She is a real performer.
Paul191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 13:57   #7
rachelba
Senior Loafer

Well I could only see her when she stood full on to the stage! From the side she disappeared - far too thin (green eyed monster speaking here!! ) and young. Actually I quite liked the new twist to Paradise it relected that she's too young for Meat (he needs a more mature woman with curves I'LL VOLUNTEER! shame I can't sing ). However this could also be her downfall the chemistry was missing; far too big an age gap. Did anyone else seem to think that CC seemed to be trying to hide her height she appeared to be sort of "hunching" a lot. I know Patti wasn't overly tall but Aspen is even smaller!
rachelba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 14:12   #8
Ben
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyvince View Post
I thought she was great bearing in mind the shoes she had to fill -
Patti was amazing, not sure of the reasons why she is left the band.

Would have loved to have seen Patti and Aspen in We will rock you, bet that was v.v.good.

Well Done Aspen...Never stop rocking!
although she has huge shoes to fill i think that within time she can do it! she has a great voice and also did well to learn the songs in such a short time!

Well Done and see you again soon Aspen!

Last edited by Ben; 17 Oct 2006 at 14:42.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 14:23   #9
wizardofodd
Super Loafer

love her to bits and she is very hot and she has the sweet thing about her. meat is one lucky man on paradise.
wizardofodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 14:57   #10
djfierce
Mega Loafer

I think some of you are a little too narrow minded here, i am 25 so i have only ever seen Patti at my live experiences and therefore only relate Patti with Meat in Paradise. I was dreading Paradise last night, i couldn't see how thy could pull it off. Yes she is very young, yes she's not Patti, but the fact that they came up with a whole new take on Paradise says to me that Meat is very repectful to Patti!
I think the new version was fantastic, i'm glad she sounds totally different to Patti, this version acknowledges the age difference respectfully and there is no 'old man groping a kid' as someone suggested would happen elsewhere on this site.
I love Patti and wish she was still with Meat but she's not so i look to Aspen to do the job.
Meat clearly thinks she can and i think last night she showed she can, it was weird watching someone else with him but that's what we've got!
I don't buy this shoe filling business, if she was trying to fill Patti's shoes then i would never respect her or Meat. I expect her to put her own stamp on classic songs, i believe she did this last night!
Bearing in mind she must have known what was being said about her before the show she must have been nervous so in my opinion all things considered she did herself, Meat and us proud.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:19   #11
Paul191
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
I think some of you are a little too narrow minded here, i am 25 so i have only ever seen Patti at my live experiences and therefore only relate Patti with Meat in Paradise. I was dreading Paradise last night, i couldn't see how thy could pull it off. Yes she is very young, yes she's not Patti, but the fact that they came up with a whole new take on Paradise says to me that Meat is very repectful to Patti!
I think the new version was fantastic, i'm glad she sounds totally different to Patti, this version acknowledges the age difference respectfully and there is no 'old man groping a kid' as someone suggested would happen elsewhere on this site.
I love Patti and wish she was still with Meat but she's not so i look to Aspen to do the job.
Meat clearly thinks she can and i think last night she showed she can, it was weird watching someone else with him but that's what we've got!
I don't buy this shoe filling business, if she was trying to fill Patti's shoes then i would never respect her or Meat. I expect her to put her own stamp on classic songs, i believe she did this last night!
Bearing in mind she must have known what was being said about her before the show she must have been nervous so in my opinion all things considered she did herself, Meat and us proud.
DITTO
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:19   #12
rachelba
Senior Loafer

Gosh my knuckles feel well and truley rapped! Well said anyway.
rachelba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:42   #13
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelba View Post
Gosh my knuckles feel well and truley rapped! Well said anyway.
Soz didn't mean to sound like a raving loony fan got a bit carried away there lol
Old 17 Oct 2006, 15:46   #14
batoutofhell3
Loafer

i thought she had a brilliant voice! much better than i expected. i think she will grow better in time though. i would have liked to have seen patti though as it was my first meat concert.
batoutofhell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 16:41   #15
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Great voice, and really great looking, one word SEXY.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 16:43   #16
Ben
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
Great voice, and really great looking, one word SEXY.

you got it in one!
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 16:59   #17
amethyst
I know that i'll be bad for good.

I have to agree with a couple of the people who've posted on here, for me she is too young to be singing Paradise, I felt uncomfortable watching her. I'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice, just that it didn't feel right, maybe CC should have done it with Meat.

Just my opinion anyway .

ames xx
amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:10   #18
Toolster
Loafer

Agreed totally
Toolster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:20   #19
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
I have to agree with a couple of the people who've posted on here, for me she is too young to be singing Paradise, I felt uncomfortable watching her. I'm not saying she doesn't have a good voice, just that it didn't feel right, maybe CC should have done it with Meat.

Just my opinion anyway .

ames xx
I'm sorry i know this is your opinon but i don't rate CC in the slightest, my personal opinion is if there is a member of the band i wouldn't be bothered about leaving it would be her.I was worried that she would be stepped up to that position and i'm very glad she wasn't. I know a few people like her but for me she is little more than a visual aid.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 17:53   #20
Jayd

If this is coming down to ageism, alot of people are living wayyyyyyyyyyyy in the past, there was nothing weird in the slightest about Aspen performing Paradise with Meat, she was good, and deserves credit for the way she is handling, filling Patti's shoes.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 18:25   #21
RadioMaster
The German

didnt even KNOW that there´s a word like ageism
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2006, 18:49   #22
Jayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioMaster View Post
didnt even KNOW that there´s a word like ageism
Me neither, but since new words are made up each day, and some sound totally ridiculous, I though I would do this one, ya never know, there could be.
Old 17 Oct 2006, 19:21   #23
Paul191
Mega Loafer

When she came close (I was right at the front) all you could see was perfection.

Just thought I would mention that..... lol

Carry on......
Old 18 Oct 2006, 00:40   #24
ChoccyBat
Yorkie

I waited with interest to see how Aspen would do, and I was delighted. Can understand some people's thoughts about seeing a young-looking (I'm sure she, like me, aint as young as she looks!) girl running round in pyjamas and a bra, but thats maybe cos we rarely see ANY girl do that with meat!
Her take on Anything for love was excellent for me, I was gob smacked. I was right at the front, and her interaction with meat was excellent IMO. I think with time she will get even better, but she deserves her place. She was clearly nervous - Meat gave her high fives after AFL and Paradise - and yes, she forgot the words on one line of paradise (I thought anyway???) and in the "defective" part of Lemon, but overall she is excellent. And as for CC doing Paradise.....
ChoccyBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2006, 00:46   #25
mikeloaf
Super Loafer

She did very well, Paradise was handled as it needed to be and AFL sounded as it should, she made Lemon sound different, but it was good. I saw her back stage, she's very short! I think she did OK. Patti would have made Meat's life more difficult! Aspens good though! She did well.
mikeloaf is offline   Reply With Quote