View Single Post
Old 02 Jan 2006, 23:15   #4
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...
 
Join Date: 22.10.2003
Location:  New Zealand
Posts: 5,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman
The album produced one hit, Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through, which rose to position 32 on the Billboard charts in a 6 week run in July 1981.
I think it's worth noting that the album itself reached #63 in the US and #7 in the UK, which is pretty good considering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman
The tracks "Lost Boys and Golden Girls," "Surf's Up" and "Rock and Roll Dreams Come Through" were sung by Rory Dodd, despite the fact that Dodd is not credited for this work in the album's credits.
Although Steinman is credited with Lead vocals, Rory Dodd is credited as 'Featured vocals'. If you have the free EP that came with the album it says on the back for Lost Boys - Featured Vocals :Rory Dodd, exactly the same for Surf's Up. It doesn't for Rock'n'Roll Dreams, which it should, but if that's Steinmans only single release, then it's not really a solo effort if you're crediting someone else with the vocals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman
I never knew this. I really thought that was Jim's voice on all tracks. I can't hear much of difference in voice between Surf's up and Left in the Dark especially. Is this true or just made up nonsense.
It's clearly noticeable on Surf's Up especially when the 'And my body is burning like a naked wire' kicks in. Steinman could never reach those notes, the pitch is too high for him.

I personally think Bad For Good is an excellent album but Steinman's vocals on what he sings, suck.

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.04829 seconds with 13 queries.