PDA

View Full Version : Meat appearance in Las Vegas

AndyK
03 Sep 2004, 14:54
With all due credit to Daves Mirror Of The Soul website, and brianmay.com. Looks like Meat Loaf will be back on stage this month for a one of appearance at the after show Premier Party for We Will Rock You in Las Vegas.

Great to hear that he's performing again, even if only a one off show.

Heli
03 Sep 2004, 15:40
8O

thats just NOT fair

greg
03 Sep 2004, 20:04
heli would you like to be ther in vegas you can pick me up on your way as you live in grimsby and i live in lincoln lol

RoknRollJesus
03 Sep 2004, 20:29
thats just NOT fair

http://www.freedomforum.org/graphics/2000/04/illos/screamingman.gif

I agree.......even though I am closer than you....still not fair since I can't go.....

jo [pity...party of one]

Heli
04 Sep 2004, 01:47
heli would you like to be ther in vegas you can pick me up on your way as you live in grimsby and i live in lincoln lol

Ha, it's a small world after all! :P

In that case pack your suitcase, mate!!.......(we won't go anywhere but we can always pretend :P)

mariella
04 Sep 2004, 13:12
This is Fantastic news indeed! Now 'all' I have to do is find a way to get 'beamed over' there, like in Dr. Who!

xxx

Mariella
...I wanna go - I wanna go - I wanna go - I wanna go - I wanna go... :lol:

Marianne
04 Sep 2004, 19:07
This is the best news since a long time !!!!!!!!!

We can pretend to be there aswell. And enjoy it.

I know our time will come .......someday!!!!!! :D

Marianne.

Heli
04 Sep 2004, 19:34
Hang on....does this mean that the NLE are playing with him too???

If so, does that mean Patti, Paul and John are playing aswell?? :??: :??: :??:

RSG
05 Sep 2004, 02:29
I like my country, but its biggest flaw is where I'm at, Meat don't go (at least no more) :(

Great to hear he is up for a show. :wink:

The Flying Mouse
05 Sep 2004, 11:38
:twisted: Great to hear Meat is getting back onstage [where he belongs :lol: ]
I wonder what the cost of a flight to Vegas is right now :roll:
I wonder if there are any tickets onn e bay :lol:
Go getem Meat :twisted:

Gez
05 Sep 2004, 20:33
I think a MLUKFC convention in Vegas sounds about right :D , although most of us would probably have to stow-away to get there 8O

Michel
08 Sep 2004, 12:01
Great news that Meat is back on stage again. 8)

Di
08 Sep 2004, 14:00
A convention in Las Vegas is an excellent idea! Especially as I can drive this time instead of flying eleven hours to enjoy friends, fun, and fine music. ;)

Flights to Las Vegas are always on the cheaper side.... they get your money after you are there if you aren't careful. ;)

Di
.... three and a half hours away, and usually game... 8)

Heli
08 Sep 2004, 17:36
Well if it goes through, I hope you all have a good time without me :cry: I know thats impossible but you could try :lmao: :wink:

mariella
09 Sep 2004, 20:04
There are a few (small) pictures of last night's event at www.wireimage.com if you search for Meat Loaf, it should work.

Great day to you!

Mariella
...Fantastic to see Meat on a stage again!... :D

Heli
09 Sep 2004, 21:20
Oh wow!! He sang with Queen...I wonder what songs he did??!

Feleena
09 Sep 2004, 23:13
:D those pics made my day

Feleena xx

AndyK
10 Sep 2004, 08:35
Nice find Mariella!!!

Queen, Steve Vai and the one and only Meat Loaf on the same stage, not that would have been something to see!

RoknRollJesus
10 Sep 2004, 15:53
From the Las Vegas 'SUN'

September 09, 2004

VegasBeat -- Timothy McDarrah: 'We Will Rock You' strikes a chord on Strip
•••
Rock us, they did.

There isn't a roof on the pool deck at Paris Las Vegas, but if there was it would have been blown off.

If you have a cigarette lighter nearby, flick it and hold it up as you read the rest of this.

At the afterparty for "We Will Rock You," the musical that officially opened its Las Vegas production Wednesday night, Brian May and Roger Taylor of Queen -- and a host of musical guests -- delivered a blazing 50-minute set that sent shock waves through the 2,000 or so guests.

"It has been a long time since since we rocked and rolled," shouted an ebullient Taylor before he performed a raucous version of the Led Zeppelin classic "Rock and Roll."

Then May called for "Mr. Loaf -- is there a Mr. Loaf in the house?" before Meat Loaf took center stage, ripped off his leather jacket and launched into the classic "Johnny B. Goode."

Even Freddie Mercury, who is up there somewhere, must have heard the thunderous ovation after that one.

Is Queen king? "You could say that," Robert De Niro, a co-producer of "We Will Rock You," mumbled to us after he zoomed across the red carpet and before he entered Le Theatre des Arts for the show.

The crowd included Beatle Paul McCartney's half-sister Ruth McCartney and her husband, Martin Nethercutt, Monty Python's Eric Idle, "Absolutely Fabulous" star Jennifer Saunders, power lawyer Allen Grubman (father of the infamous Lizzie Grubman) and such local personalities as Robin Leach, Martin Nievera, Jeff Beacher, Harry Morton, Tony Sacca and Paris Las Vegas prez Bobby Yee.

From those, the consensus was that the show is perfect Las Vegas entertainment.

The pop-culture and current-events references -- all penned by show writer Ben Elton -- are hilarious. While Clay Aiken is a pretty easy target, lines such as how the bad guys in the show are not going to find "(musical) instruments of mass destruction" ignited the crowd.

The many jokes at the expense of Celine Dion, Cirque du Soleil and Wayne Newton are funny, but not mean-spirited.

And, if a heavily muscled black man with a mohawk going by the name Britney Spears and singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" doesn't epitomize the unconventional and rebellious spirit of rock 'n' roll, well, we don't know what does.

The show is set in the far-off future, when music has been outlawed. The plot revolves around two young Bohemians and their search for the last guitar on Earth, which they eventually learn is entombed in the walls of Graceland.

It is a rough approximation of the myth of King Arthur pulling out the sword, Excalibur, from the stone.

But in this story, there's a lot more rocking.

"I was pretty happy with everything," May told us after the show. "The kids did a good job."

Tony Vincent, who stars as Galileo, and Aspen Miller, who stars as Scaramouche (they alternate with co-leads Jason Wooten and Kacie Sheik), are the main characters, and they earned well-deserved raves afterward, as did the rest of the cast, including Ty Taylor (Spears), Patti Russo as the evil Killer Queen and Douglas Crawford as her meanie sidekick, Khashoggi.

"Five thumbs up," Leach proclaimed at the afterparty.

...and a nice pic of Meat and Deborah arriving.....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/from.ed/2004/sep/09/photos/P000066524.jpg

jo

Eva
10 Sep 2004, 16:07
From the Las Vegas 'SUN'

...and a nice pic of Meat and Deborah arriving.....

http://www.lasvegassun.com/from.ed/2004/sep/09/photos/P000066524.jpg

jo

W O W ! ! !

Thank you very much, Jo, for the article AND for the pic.

What a handsome guy!! :D

Love,
Eva

LostSoul
10 Sep 2004, 20:37
The Precious rocked Vegas. Cool. 8)

Pat

mariella
11 Sep 2004, 10:14
The Precious rocked Vegas. Cool. 8)

Pat
Yes! He sure did! :D

I found another link www.filmmagic.com search for Meat Loaf again.
Paul Crook has added some Great pictures on his site too!
www.metalloaf.com/main.htm

Great day to you!

Mariella
...would Love to hear that version of 'Johnny B. Good'... 8)

Heli
11 Sep 2004, 12:03
OMG!!!! Paul's Pics are fantastic!!!!!! :shock:

You see Meat and everything!! lol!!

I wonder if we'll get to see a bic of Patti on stage or anything.....?? That would be wicked!

Emily
11 Sep 2004, 17:47
Pauls pictures ARE fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

He looks yummy!

JenniferSal
13 Sep 2004, 14:01
OMG!!!! Paul's Pics are fantastic!!!!!! :shock:

You see Meat and everything!! lol!!

I wonder if we'll get to see a bic of Patti on stage or anything.....?? That would be wicked!

Here's a pic. of Patti onstage that i found:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/Peter_Br/1487_preview.jpg

Here's another pic. of Patti at the aftershow with her understudy Sarah:

http://homepage.mac.com/sarahmclellan/.Pictures/Patti%20and%20Sarah.JPG

Take care!
Jen

Debbi V
13 Sep 2004, 15:31
Y'all have found some GREAT pics!! Keep 'em coming!!

Me - I'll be prepping for a possible visit from Hurricane Ivan - yikes!!! 8O

RoknRollJesus
13 Sep 2004, 17:22
I agree with Debbi -tremendous work everyone! The pics are great! Its good to see everything with WWRY getting off to a great start -AND it was great to see Meat in such food form!

(Good luck with Ivan Debbi -I'll be prepping for the aftermath too since we'll end up with his remnants here in NC -Francis got us with lotsa flooding. I've got room if you need a place to hide -can't promise it won't rain like all Hades though!)

jo

Debbi V
13 Sep 2004, 17:54
Thanks, Jo!!! Short of a direct hit - we should be fine.

Pixie
15 Sep 2004, 09:39
Wow! Thanks everyone, you've totally made my day!! (and week..) Almost like being there, although I'm soooo jealous of those who were..did anyone here manage to go?