PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:24   #1
Fire Ball
Himself

Default To all

Please accept my apology for my outburst last night . I have no excuse for it.Will take full Responsibility for my actions. Uncalled for !!

You are my friends and I love you
Meat

By the way ...
New album called

"Braver Than we Are"

Not the song you think it is . Karla and and Ellen are singing with me on that track !! 2nd song in !! We are doing a Cover sort of of "MORE" Sisters of Mercy .. Jims is writing some new lyrics for it and it will Rock .. Don't know how many heard Jim's Demo of the song but very different than "SOM" I had to send the Demo to Jim ,very Funny, He went crazy when he heard it , quote' "That's the best thing I ever produced "
Meat
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:31   #2
Yevonda
Super Loafer

We love you to Meat! We are all human and have made mistakes. It takes a man to admit to his mistake and to take responsibility. Which you have done both!

By the way, saw the trailer for Stage Fright. Excited to see it hit the theaters.

Take care!
Yevonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:37   #3
Fire Ball
Himself

Not sure I am !! That film has me worried !! Not sure the director had me doing what I should have done !! I wanted to do some things much different , but I trusted him !! I will tell you this unlike what they said about Les Mis. all the singing is really live , no studio !! at all !!
M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yevonda View Post
We love you to Meat! We are all human and have made mistakes. It takes a man to admit to his mistake and to take responsibility. Which you have done both!

By the way, saw the trailer for Stage Fright. Excited to see it hit the theaters.

Take care!
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:39   #4
Sebastian.
Biggles

Can't wait for this. Just when I can't think my life couldn't get more exciting.

Hope to see you soonish, Meat.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:40   #5
Yevonda
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
Not sure I am !! That film has me worried !! Not sure the director had me doing what I should have done !! I wanted to do some things much different , but I trusted him !! I will tell you this unlike what they said about Les Mis. all the singing is really live , no studio !! at all !!
M
As soon as I do see it I will let you know what I thought of it. I am not sure which theaters it will be opening in but I think it will also be available for on demand viewing. I wasn't sure what I thought about a horror/musical but after seeing the trailer it looks good.
Yevonda is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:49   #6
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
M
I think they said that about Les Mis because it was put together so quickly in time for Oscars and gave them excuse to explain why it's all so rough. In their haste they forgot to hire good singers, turn up the volume of the orchestra and include the title cards at the correct points which are vital to the drama. The musical is great, the movie is not in my opinion.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:53   #7
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Please accept my apology for my outburst last night . I have no excuse for it.Will take full Responsibility for my actions. Uncalled for !!

Meat

By the way ...
New album called

"Braver Than we Are"

Not the song you think it is . Karla and and Ellen are singing with me on that track !! 2nd song in !! We are doing a Cover sort of of "MORE" Sisters of Mercy .. Jims is writing some new lyrics for it and it will Rock .. Don't know how many heard Jim's Demo of the song but very different than "SOM" I had to send the Demo to Jim ,very Funny, He went crazy when he heard it , quote' "That's the best thing I ever produced "
Meat
Please, no apology necessary Meat Love you too
Thanks for the update .. that sounds so cool ! I can't wait to hear it
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 01:56   #8
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yevonda View Post
As soon as I do see it I will let you know what I thought of it. I am not sure which theaters it will be opening in but I think it will also be available for on demand viewing. I wasn't sure what I thought about a horror/musical but after seeing the trailer it looks good.
From the stories I've seen, it comes out though video on demand on April 3rd, and then a limited theatrical release on May 9th
I agree that it really looks good and I can't wait to see it !
Old 06 Mar 2014, 02:15   #9
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Meat
I think you had reason; that you say no excuse and sorry is the mark of the man I respect and hold dear.

Looking forward to all the new songs. I hope you and Paul are really enjoying the process, and working with Jim.

I remember you saying all the singing was live in the film. Hope you're pleased with the end result .. I will look forward to that too .. and hope it's not quite as "watch through the fingers" as the end scenes of Pelts !

C x
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 02:46   #10
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Thanks for the info, sounds like a fun record. More = sounds made for you, should be great. And I thought when I first heard you say you were recording Braver, that it would change a little to suit you more. Looking forward to this album so much
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 04:12   #11
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:

Meat

By the way ...
New album called

"Braver Than we Are"

Meat
I have no idea what happened last night (silly time zones) but love ya too Meat. I'm looking forward to this album

Quote:
M
And on this, I just hope it's showing somewhere near me, can't wait to see the movie.... looks like you have another death scene though lol

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 04:56   #12
Butcher King
Senior Loafer

Love ya, Meat!
Butcher King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:22   #13
suzieq
Mega Loafer

Quote:

Meat

By the way ...
New album called

"Braver Than we Are"

Meat
No apology necessary for me, but I like reading the excitement about the new album and how Jim responded to "SOM".

Quote:
M
So, will you be ordering it On Demand then? I'm sure a bunch of us will be chattering about it after we've seen it.

Last edited by suzieq; 06 Mar 2014 at 05:47. Reason: sp
suzieq is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:36   #14
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieq View Post
No apology necessary here, but I like reading the excitement about the new album and how Jim responded to "SOM".

Quote:
So, will you be ordering it On Demand then? I'm sure a bunch of us will be chattering about it after we've seen it.
Well I don't know if I'll have time to come on here and chat about it since it comes out On Demand the night
before I leave for Vegas But it'll definitely give me something to talk to Meat about
Old 06 Mar 2014, 06:50   #15
anotherday
Super Loafer

Love YOU MEat!
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 09:07   #16
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Not sure I am !! That film has me worried !! Not sure the director had me doing what I should have done !!
Well, if you'd come to our wedding instead of "running around in a forest"..!

X
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 10:15   #17
tonyloaf
Metal Head

Thanks for the update Meat , don't beat yourself up about it , we all get like that ( and sometimes it's needed !) Vegas sounds like it's rocking again!! So good on you!
tonyloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 10:21   #18
Fire Ball
Himself

I think you are right ..Should have been at your wedding !!! Really worried about this film !!
M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyK! View Post
Well, if you'd come to our wedding instead of "running around in a forest"..!

X
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 10:23   #19
JennaG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I think you are right ..Should have been at your wedding !!! Really worried about this film !!
M
I'm sure the film is going to be great. I'm looking forward to seeing it one day (I will see it even if I have to wait for it to be released on DVD and import it from the USA).

Quote:

Meat
I understood exactly where you were coming from yesterday but the fact that you felt that you had to apologise proves that you are the decent man that your friends know you really are.

Jenna x
JennaG is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 10:59   #20
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
M
Tell you what, we'll renew our vows in Vegas and you can walk me down the aisle...it won't change the film but it'd make me feel better!

The film looks like Glee meets Scream, interesting mix! X
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 11:18   #21
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

I really don't care which songs will be on the album.

I'm convinced the new album will be superb! I'm so happy and thankfull that Meat (and Jim and the other writers) will give us a new album. IMO that is the best gift an artist can give his fans. Let's all be grateful that the man we all admire for his art is at 66 still working his ass off to satisfy our souls!
Meat, thank you for working on a new album and for being so interactive with us! You're really unique!
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 11:18   #22
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
M
After its been out for a while, would you tell us what you think should have been done?

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 12:14   #23
TheDoode

Quote:

"Braver Than we Are"

Not the song you think it is . We are doing a Cover sort of of "MORE" Sisters of Mercy .. Jims is writing some new lyrics for it and it will Rock .. Don't know how many heard Jim's Demo of the song but very different than "SOM" I had to send the Demo to Jim ,very Funny, He went crazy when he heard it , quote' "That's the best thing I ever produced "
Meat
That's pretty damn cool. I'm a Sisters of Mercy fan - got a soft spot for second wave Goth - so I'm REALLY looking forward to this one now

Last edited by TheDoode; 06 Mar 2014 at 12:26.
TheDoode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Mar 2014, 12:15   #24
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
M
Which would have given everyone the opportunity for the perfect mis-quote...

"Mom, it's Meat Loaf the wedding crasher. ~~~~!"

Excited to hear your version of More, love that song.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 14:56   #25
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

So just to clarify, the album will now also be called 'Braver Than We Are' rather than 'Brave And Crazy'?

Sisters Of Mercy cover/remake definitely has me intrigued.

EDIT: Just saw Caryl's post on the fan art thread r.e. the title. Cool.

Last edited by lorenzoduke; 06 Mar 2014 at 15:06.
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote