mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts

Old 20 Jul 2003, 19:58   #1
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

Default 82. Do It!

This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!

Do It! (4)

I will be very evil. I like this song... sometimes. When you're staring out of your head without reflections and you want to break and lay to the world you can enjoy it. I love it when I'm walking on the street and there I'm alone. I think you know what about I say...

But Meat! What is it? Is it music? It's a rolling, breaking... crazy song. Without melody, without essence. It's only a mood. I hope Meat never do same songs later.

My score: 4

Average: 7.13 (199.5/28 )
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 20:10   #2
Wild_Honey
Super Loafer

To be honest, I don't like it at all. 2/10
Wild_Honey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 20:47   #3
Dick
Super Loafer

To be honest i actually love this song i give it 9/10.

Dick
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 20:50   #4
tukayaway
Super Loafer

Am I the only one who likes this song? Maybe it's because I like the modern music too. If Meat was born 25 later, you would probably hear him singing like this.

7/10.
tukayaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 20:51   #5
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

I knew it's an ambivalent song. Somebody gives 2, other 9!
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style? When he is 55... become hard rocker or metaler?
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 21:01   #6
Puritan
Super Loafer

I seem to recollect Meat saying somewhere "that we don't get it". In my case I obviously don't. I don't understand it. I am not that keen on it though I don't dislike it enough to skip the track. I suppose one good thing about the track is that it is at least very short. :) I have seen the song performed live which was an experience visually but even so I still can't get enthusiastic about the song itself. I'll give it 5 out of 10
Puritan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 21:07   #7
Wild_Honey
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High
I knew it's an ambivalent song. Somebody gives 2, other 9!
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style? When he is 55... become hard rocker or metaler?
I think it's not his style and I hope he won't do songs like that again.
Old 20 Jul 2003, 21:08   #8
Wild_Honey
Super Loafer

...Okay, the only thing I like about it is "Bag it up, bag it up!"
Old 20 Jul 2003, 21:42   #9
evil nickname

When I heard the new album for the first time, I was hugely disappointed with it. Out of all the songs, there was just one song that immediatly grabbed my attention. And, as you might guess, that was "Do It!".

Lyrically, I don't have a clue what it's supposed to be about.
Musically, it's a big stap away from anything Meat has ever recorded. Distorted vocals and guitars, heavy (triggered?) drums, and it has a bit of an 'electro goth' feel to it. Somewhat reminsent of The Sisters of Mercy and Rammstein.
In my review of LYOL I said that that was propably the hardest song on the album, but I stand corrected. "Do It!" puts the beat right in face, and keeps it there for the full 2.36 seconds. Its heavy, and that's good, or so I think.

This is propably the song which would prove everyone who says that "Meat Loaf always sounds the same" wrong. In fact, I threw in "Do It!" withouth mentioning it was by Meat, and the person I forced it upon was highly surprised. (he even admitted that CHSIB was "not a bad album" later on)

But for a rating... it may be obvious I like this song, but I don't think it is one of Meat's best songs. It's not up there with FCOL, Objects, Anything For Love, Bat, etc.
I don't think it is the best on the album, but it is one of the two songs I enjoy the most (the other being DIST?), so I really don't know what to give it. So let's do some math:
Code:
Enjoyment + Song = Overall 
9         + 7    = 16

16/2=8

8/10 then.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 21:50   #10
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

I think it is brave of Meat to try something modern, not saying that his songs are outdated but trying something along the lines of Red Hot Chilli Peppers among others. I like this song and I hope I hear more from Meat, Album 9/10, Live 100/10 bl**dy brilliant live.
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 22:40   #11
Testify
ragamuffin

tis an ok track. i give it 7/10
Testify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 23:23   #12
Bren
The Bat

I like Do It, it makes me smile.I liked it the first time i heard it ..i still like it.I never reach for the skip button.
I admire Meat Loaf for trying something different, we all know and love what Meat has done up 'til now.In order to "Grow" or improve you need the challenge of the new and different, It's the challenge of the new that makes something interesting and exciting to do. I admire him for it
don't know how i'd rate it though..will think about it and get back to you.

Bren

7/10
Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2003, 23:29   #13
Terri
Super T

Certainly different for Meat!

I'm not sure what to rate it.........I do like it.........but each time I hear it my views change .........have to think about this one!!!!!!

It's decided
7/10..... at the moment!
Terri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2003, 10:20   #14
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire

Absolutely hated this song for quite a while, 'it was to different', but now I don't skip this track I let it run, but will never be a favourite

6/10
dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jul 2003, 10:38   #15
mariella
Mega Loafer

First time I heard this one, I was sure I would never like it. Thought it was 'just a lot of noise' and Way too fast. At some point, I realised I had to be in a certain mood for this one. There is so much energy in this song and it's very funny.
When I am very tired I do not want to hear this one, and skip it.
But, at other times, I play this one over and over again.
So, how do I rate it? Difficult!

Think it would be somewhere between 5 (tired) and 9 ('other' times).

7/10 (Thank you, Evil!)

Mariella
mariella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:27   #16
heat
Rampant Loafer...

For me, this is second only to 'Martha', which i absolutely detest. I really just can't get into this song at all. I think it's cos it remind me of the Huggues napies advert - i keep expecting Meat to shout 'DO IT...DO IT...DO IT IN HUGGIES!!!!!'

I applaud Meat for trying something completely different, but for me, this is way off the mark.

1/10
heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:38   #17
Bart
Bald Mega Loafer

i liked it from the start. i like the beat and especially the vocals. The vocals are extraordinary. Strong, fast and loud. I like the guitar in the background and the very funny sounden "dooo itt"!"from the backling vocalist justy before the guitarsolo starts. It rocks! I like it. Domn, i like it
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:39   #18
Bart
Bald Mega Loafer

8/10
Old 06 Aug 2003, 00:21   #19
Michel
Mega Loafer

I hate this song. I always skip it. I don't think it is Meat (sorry Meat, I know that you don't like it when I'm saying this).

I think this is a song you love it or you hate it.

My score: 2
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Aug 2003, 00:48   #20
Tim
The Butcher

Like this song. Powerfull, nice, funny...... great!!

7/10
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2003, 06:29   #21
Shane
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by White of High
But a question: is it Meat Loaf's style?
Yes, I think it is. To see why, you have to look past the rhythm, past the sound of the song, to what we know about Meat and what of his personality is present in the song.

I have said elsewhere that when I hear the song, I don't hear the rap, I don't hear the so-called `different sound'. What I hear (and pay attention to) is that classic Meat Loaf energy that we all know him for. It's a short and hard burst of energy like when he played the last minute or so of All Revved Up in Storytellers at the beginning. He kind of explained it in Storytellers, it's like the coach giving you a pep talk in the changing rooms before a game, "Are you ready to go out there and kick some ass!!!!!!" (or something like that, he says). So to me it makes sense that he's put it at the beginning of the set list every night. To me, this is just as much Meat Loaf as any other song you could possibly name as being `Meat'.

But on the other hand, I don't regard it as `serious' or an analyst's song, like FCOL or BAT or anything like that. I don't put it in the same category. That's not to say that it's not as good. It's just a good, fun, energetic song first and foremost.

I put it on to try to motivate myself when I am in a lethargic or procrastinating mood. That, and Kasim Sulton's "Sacrifice" are two songs that get my A into G.

8/10
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2003, 20:28   #22
Crystal Eyes
Super Loafer

First time I heard this song I thought 'what the hell is this?' but now I've come to like it more. It's not the best of Meat's songs but I like the fact it goes for a different sound. I have to agree with Shane now though it still has Meat loaf in it. It's got his energy as he said and it still retains a trace of Meat's style which is good.

I give it 7.5/10.
Crystal Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2003, 20:38   #23
RSG
Mega Loafer

Default DO IT review, and lil story

I heard my brother play this song the other day, the ending of it anyway. And him and his friend (12 yrs of age) were going, Bag it up, bag it up. I liked it. I told him to play it again. He did, and then I realized it was Meat Loaf, lol. This song is 10\10. Me and my friend AJ always, say when we're bored, can you hear Meat Loaf singing a rap\hip hop type of song. And I always said no, but he's capable, but he wouldn't. If I ever bring Meat Loaf up in a conversation, he will always say, to kid around, "oh you mean Meat and or Loaf, lol. And i'll kinda go yea, lol. AJ likes some of his Meat songs, and he says that CHSIB single is catchy. He is more of EMINEM\DMX\JA RULE type of thing. I used to like some of it, now personally it bugs me. I am strictly rock n roll, from any decade now, pretty much. MEAT LOAF, is over all favourite, and always will be. Go MEAT!!!! this song is a 10\10. And the guy that does the SOLO, you are awesome!!!!!!!! I can't wait to get this album. September I remember. : D for two reasons, the CD Couldn't Have Said It Better. And a Sum 41 concert!!! YAA. 10 out of 10, great song. If BAT III is his last album, I can assure us all, there won't be a song like this on the album, cause JIM, (i think, doesn't write stuff like that). But Meat surprised us, Jim is going to surprise us with something too. I know it.
One last thing, this song just inspired me to do something, I always wanted to do. But always second thoughted it. But now its official, I Anthony Eatman, am going to be an artist. I badly want to be a singer of course, and hope someday, I could do a song of Jim Steinman's. Any song, even if its 2 minutes long. Hey and maybe Meat could do a duet with me, lol. He'd probably laugh at the idea, cause i'm 16, and he's 51, lol. But no matter what, I will be an artist, whether I'm successful or not, I want to be out there for at least, a little while. And hope to have an album as big as Welcome To The Neighborhood. Cause only true heroes like Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman, can have an album as big As Bat Out Of Hell!!!!
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2003, 14:33   #24
Bart
Bald Mega Loafer

Meat was doing some rap at the concert in Amsterdam back in April. It was very funny.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 23:18   #25
Keab42
Astrophysicist At Large

from all the reviews i heard of this song i thought it was going to be dreadful, but when i heard it i loved it. i think that it's great the Meat has tried something new, and i think it works very well.

well done Meat.

9/10
Keab42 is offline   Reply With Quote