mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 03 Dec 2007, 10:54   #26
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ageing Bat View Post
Sometimes I despair, I really do
CONGRATULATIONS

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 11:25   #27
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

See you Sunday Michael, I shall look forward to it!
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 11:26   #28
RadioMaster
The German

I wouldnt.....
RadioMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 11:38   #29
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
i know i should know this.. but whats the sas band?

Spike's All Star Band ... Spike Edney is the keyboardist form Queen.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2007, 12:32   #30
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

A little more info from the SAS Band site..

7th December '07

"MOTOWN NIGHT"

Spike Edney presents a night of Motown, Stax and Soul Classics, featuring renowned soul and jazz singer Madeline Bell (Blue Mink), Kiki Dee (the first UK artist to sign to the famous Tamla Motwon label), Hamish Stuart (Average White Band), Jeff Scott Soto, Patti Russo (Meatloaf); all performing some of the greatest Motown and Soul hits ever recorded.

9th December '07

Featuring, Hamish Stuart (Average White Band), Graham Gouldman (10cc),Jeff Scott Soto (Ex-Journey Frontman), Patti Russo (Meatloaf), Madeline Bell, Kiki Dee and Toyah Wilcox. It will be another rockin' night of The SAS Band line-up singing their greatest hits, along with other great rock and pop classics
Old 04 Dec 2007, 00:40   #31
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Just found out Southampton's only 80 miles from home, wont have to stay the night now
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2007, 12:44   #32
Ankie
Office manager

Hey..... any news yet?!?!?!

Reviews, pics.... wake up everyone and inform us!
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Dec 2007, 13:02   #33
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankie View Post
Hey..... any news yet?!?!?!

Reviews, pics.... wake up everyone and inform us!
Remembers to wake up and post early Monday morning, Ankie's scarey when she's impatient lol
Old 08 Dec 2007, 18:59   #34
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!
Talking

An incredible night !

Patti was phenominal .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2007, 23:59   #35
Monstro

If you ever get the chance to see Spikes All Star Band they're well worth seeing, check out their website for an impressive list of names that have, and continue to play with them!!! From my point of view they are people that have played venues 100's of times the size of Friday's gig but get together purely for the fun of making music, and what a job they make of it.

Here's a few photo's from the night.........

And now Patti. Was the first time I've had the opportunity to see her since she left the NLE and I'm so glad I went. Watching Patti bounce around the stage was amazing, no choreography or playing second fiddle and she owned the stage. Her voice was amazing and she seemed to be loving every minute of it just as much as we were in the audience.

It was great to see Patti again, reminded me of many great performances I've seen her give and reinforced my humble opinion that certain other songs just aren't the same live without her.

Here's a few photo's and please hurry back to our shores again Patti!!!!!!!

Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:09   #36
SW31
in my coup de vil waiting for pardise by the dashboard light

thanks sis was working so couldnt get down

luv the riendeer one
SW31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:11   #37
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Stunning Michael, thank you.
I took pics but their not that great... One came out fantastic and it's now one of my all time favourites...

Friday, 7th December, 2007 will be a date I hold dear forever .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:24   #38
Ageing Bat
Young at heart. Slightly older in other places.

I agree with everything you say Michael - if you ever get the chance to see the SAS Band then do. Friday evening was Motown, which I wouldn't usually put high on my list of musical likes...... however, I'm delighted to say that I'm probably on my way to being converted!! The quality of each of the singers' performance was excellent, and although I'm probably biased, I have to say that Patti is definitely up there with the "stars". Joining Spike's All Star Band is a good career move for her in my opinion - a way to get her noticed more in the UK. She looked so happy, so vibrant and so very beautiful, even with very little stage makeup on.

It was lovely for all of us there to get the opportunity to meet her briefly at the end of the show...... I know she made a certain someone's day!!
Ageing Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 01:45   #39
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

It was a brilliant night Patti was amazing and rocked the venue!! She looked stunning and sounded incredible and it was great to see her again I just hope she's back soon Thanks Patti XXX
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 12:46   #40
AndyK
Relentless

Wow! What a blast this past weekend has been, the SAS band are an incredibly talented bunch and the guest vocalists are indeed the cream of the crop ... Jeff Scott Soto, Kiki Dee, Toyah, Hamish Stuart, Madeline Bell, Jack Bruce were all incredible!

Friday's Motown, Stax and Soul night was a party from start to finish, with some incredible singers singing some incredible songs. Saturday and Sunday was a mix of a rock show and a revisit of some of the classics form Friday night. Talented musicians and singers on stage just having fun, it didn't matter if they got something wrong, they just laughed it off and started again! It was such a relaxed night, with not an ego in sight anywhere!

Of course the main reason we made the road trip down south was Patti, and she didn't let us down! She was amazing from the moment she walked on stage with that huge smile she was incredible, you could clearly see the admiration that many of the stars who've been in the business for many years longer have for her talent! I count myself so lucky to have been a part of those three nights.

I'm gutted now of course, because it's brought back to me just how much I miss seeing Patti on stage. Come back soon Patti We miss you!!! Will post some pictures when I get home tonight,
Old 11 Dec 2007, 14:11   #41
Cpl Mickey
Mega Loafer

Wow great pics Michael, sorry i couldn't make it, but this time of year i soo busy at work and at weekends, but i will be up for it next time. I know there will be a next time. Emma love the pic of you an Patti. Glad you all had a great time. xx
Cpl Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 14:57   #42
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Not much I can add to Andy's post really...we'd booked to see the three shows expecting that we'd probably have a good night with the added bonus of seeing Patti, but I really couldn't have expected the shows we got.

The insert of one of the SAS Band's CDs describes the band as a "musician's social club" and that really is what they are...a bunch of mates up there having fun, and it's bloody good to watch! On the opening night they got things wrong, sang from lyric sheets, Spike would stop the band to correct a mistake or ensure that the instruments sounded just right, and it really didn't matter at all, absolutely outstanding band.

In regards to Ms Russo there's not a great deal I can say about her that you don't already know, but these three nights have certainly reinforced how much she is loved and missed in the NLE - I certainly had a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat for several of her performances! Her presense on stage is second to none, her voice was as perfect as ever, and it was fantastic to see her completely in control of the stage whilst still happy to step back and sing with or for others during their sets.

We met Patti afer the show and what a woman! She has the most amazing humour and spirit about her, completely mesmerising to speak to...girls, you know those days when you wake up and look in the mirror, and no matter what you wear, what you do to your hair or how much make up you put on it just doesn't go right? Don't stand anywhere near Patti Russo on those days!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 18:12   #43
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Michael would you mind posting or sending me the group pic from Sunday please, thanks!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 19:47   #44
Monstro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
Michael would you mind posting or sending me the group pic from Sunday please, thanks!
As requested, in the queue..................

A cold queue......................

Actually it was bloody freezing!!!!!!!!

Edit...I always forget to put names to photo's!!!!

From left to right, Emma (Samcat) Andy K, Lucy (Smoggy), Moi and Anji (Djfierce) in front.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 22:55   #45
Ankie
Office manager

Thanks everyone for your stories and pics!!
And like some of you already mentioned:
Can't wait to see her on this side of the big pond again!
Ankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:48   #46
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
As requested, in the queue..................

A cold queue......................

Actually it was bloody freezing!!!!!!!!
Bloody freezing is an understatement ... thanks for posting Michael ... and thanks to the random strangers you accosted to be David Bailey for a minute who made us all look fairly reputable for once!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:49   #47
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

(a clip form one of ze shows is ze tube u)
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:50   #48
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Thanks for the pic Michael, though kinda wishing I'd approved it first!
Old 11 Dec 2007, 23:52   #49
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Thinking of approving pics, we are going to need to see the party hat ones before they appear here Deb!
Old 12 Dec 2007, 00:10   #50
Mega Loafer

I was lucky enough to see Patti on Saturday night. I did have a great lunch with the wonderful Deb and her lovely hubby Dave. Also Andy, Lucy, Steph and Suzy, oh and my hubby of course. I can't remember much but i do know that Andy can multi task, and there are very big showers in the rooms where they stayedLOL...
Now for the show, thanks to Steph for keeping me a spot:) I was right at the front, i didn't really know what to expect, all i can say first of is WOW! From the moment the SAS band stepped on stage i was hooked! For me the stand out performances were Toyah, what a version she did of Sweet Child of Mine! I never really liked her in the Eighties, hell if she had been like this i would have been a huge fan.
Jeff Scott Soto, was truly a revelation, i had never heard of him before, i now want his albums, this man has a phenomonal voice, the power was amazing! He also had huge stage presence of oodles of sex appeal! I enjoyed his performance immensly.
Patti was pure brilliance, her beauty and talent shone, her voice is liquid gold. Her duet with Jeff doing the Queen number Under Pressure was amazing!
Then to cap it all me and hubby had after show party passes,( courtesy of Mrs Loud ) so we got to meet loads of the band, Jeff is gorgeous...oh very nice! Patti was wonderful, got to talk to her for a while, and had our pics took.

I have some pics here, but i do have more and will post asap)
24K is offline   Reply With Quote