PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 2020, 06:33   #51
RSG
Mega Loafer

ps, this website has a Chatroom available. Is this a good time?
Old 25 Feb 2020, 10:31   #52
ajf33
Senior Loafer

If you are Patti, then can we ask why you're posting these alleged incidents involving Meat, many years after the event? I could understand it if you'd posted about them in the aftermath of your departure from the Neverland express, but it's nigh on 10 years since you left, so why now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpjumper View Post
Greetings to all. I’ve been on this site for quite some time ( years) , albeit , with a username that is not recognized.
It’s me. Patti Russo....
Im not here to argue or defend myself. I’m here to only say that if you have a question to ask of me, allow me to answer them now that you know that I’m here.
I’ve seen a lot of comments here over the years..The internet makes us all a bit bold and we forget that we are all connected.
I don’t believe I’ve ever been anything but gracious and humbled to any one of you over the many years that I’ve come to meet and know you all.
I am here now, in the open, to speak for myself, rather than not.
Thank you all and wish you all only the best, always.
Lotsa love Xxoo Patti
Old 25 Feb 2020, 16:01   #53
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

ajf33, I gotta say, I kind of feel like your question is unfair. You might as well ask why all the women who came out against Harvey Weinstein, to point to a much more serious situation (or maybe it's equally serious; if this is Patti, she can clear that aspect up), waited for so long to do so.

When women report things like Patti seems to be reporting at the time they happen, the outcomes are generally terrible. According to research conducted by the Everyday Sexism project, over two-thirds of young women are experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace now, today. 80% of them felt unable to report it, but three-quarters of the ones who did said that nothing changed afterwards, and 16% said that the situation got worse. Assuming there is more to this story than what she's posted about so far, it's unrealistic and inaccurate to assume that it was wiser or safer to report at the time.

(Funny that I picked Weinstein, a frequent user of confidentiality pacts, as an example; connecting some dots from previous tweets before she unloaded this stuff, she alluded to freedom in a way that suggested maybe a non disclosure agreement of some kind had expired. I'm not saying that's a fact, but I'm saying it's possible. And, again, if this is her, maybe she can clear that up.)
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 18:40   #54
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
Greetings to all. I’ve been on this site for quite some time ( years) , albeit , with a username that is not recognized.
It’s me. Patti Russo....
Im not here to argue or defend myself. I’m here to only say that if you have a question to ask of me, allow me to answer them now that you know that I’m here.
I’ve seen a lot of comments here over the years..The internet makes us all a bit bold and we forget that we are all connected.
I don’t believe I’ve ever been anything but gracious and humbled to any one of you over the many years that I’ve come to meet and know you all.
I am here now, in the open, to speak for myself, rather than not.
Thank you all and wish you all only the best, always.
Lotsa love Xxoo Patti
Great to hear from you Patti. You were and are such a massive part of Meat Loaf's success. Your unbelievable voice and infectious personality brought so much pleasure to so many.

I just want to say thanks and all the very best today and in the future.
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 21:32   #55
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
ajf33, I gotta say, I kind of feel like your question is unfair. You might as well ask why all the women who came out against Harvey Weinstein, to point to a much more serious situation (or maybe it's equally serious; if this is Patti, she can clear that aspect up), waited for so long to do so.

When women report things like Patti seems to be reporting at the time they happen, the outcomes are generally terrible. According to research conducted by the Everyday Sexism project, over two-thirds of young women are experiencing sexual harassment in the workplace now, today. 80% of them felt unable to report it, but three-quarters of the ones who did said that nothing changed afterwards, and 16% said that the situation got worse. Assuming there is more to this story than what she's posted about so far, it's unrealistic and inaccurate to assume that it was wiser or safer to report at the time.

(Funny that I picked Weinstein, a frequent user of confidentiality pacts, as an example; connecting some dots from previous tweets before she unloaded this stuff, she alluded to freedom in a way that suggested maybe a non disclosure agreement of some kind had expired. I'm not saying that's a fact, but I'm saying it's possible. And, again, if this is her, maybe she can clear that up.)
If indeed this is Patti it will be interesting to see if she is allowed freedom to speak here or will a lot of people turn hypocritical on their opinions in other cases and advocate for trying to gloss this over because "reasons". As far as what I have read anything people seem to be thinking are more their own inference or implication taken than what Patti has actually said (as far as I know).
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 21:47   #56
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
will a lot of people turn hypocritical on their opinions in other cases and advocate for trying to gloss this over because "reasons"
If you're referring to my earlier posts, then you have not understood the words as written. If you're not referring to my posts - carry on
Old 26 Feb 2020, 02:08   #57
stumpjumper
Rookie

As I was the person who posted them, I will say they are not alleged at all. As to why I posted them, let me just say that I was made aware of something that happened right before the holidays. It was senseless and meant to, for lack of a better word, “trigger” me.
THIS time? I did not stay silent.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 15:26   #58
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
As I was the person who posted them, I will say they are not alleged at all. As to why I posted them, let me just say that I was made aware of something that happened right before the holidays. It was senseless and meant to, for lack of a better word, “trigger” me.
Personally, without regard to why the other poster is using it, I use terms like "alleged" for legal purposes. As any lawyer might tell you, without using that word until the truth of something is established with evidence, a person can expose themselves to liability. (Personally, for a variety of reasons, I'm inclined to believe you.)

They might just be erring on the side of caution, which is possibly sort of like how you turned down or ignored requests for interviews from two major publications on this subject. Care to elaborate about that?

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 26 Feb 2020 at 15:33.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 15:50   #59
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
I have sent you a PM here on the forum Patti.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 15:52   #60
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I apologize for any offence to anyone, if that is how my question came across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post

Old 26 Feb 2020, 15:56   #61
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I use the word alleged simply, as, mentioned by another poster in a legal sense, as we only have your version of events. I am not saying that, what you say happened, didn't, as I'm in no position to dispute these incidents occurring. I thank you for your answer, and wondered if I could ask was it something that Meat said or did that was the trigger for the posts?

And also what is the crypic tweet to do with Meats on stage collapse all about?

Quote:
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 16:53   #62
stumpjumper
Rookie

I’ve endured more than I care to remember. My post(s) were meant for who they were meant for. If you’ve read my stories, I believe you’d understand a bit more as to what I have been trying to make sense of, and it’s only recently that I’m able to feel a sense of normalcy. That pre-holiday notification I received was the tipping point and I fired back. That was MY turning point. For ME. Not for any publication.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 16:54   #63
stumpjumper
Rookie

Where do you find PMs on here , please?
Old 27 Feb 2020, 17:35   #64
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

If you scroll up to the top you should see a little link that says Private Messages, click that and it should load them all up. :)

---

As far as this thread goes, I don't really want to pry/ask for anymore details. It's nothing to do with me, but I do support you in speaking out as I would any woman in this situation.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 21:05   #65
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I dunno. "Speaking out" now seems like rather a relative term. The gist I'm getting is that she went into a public venue pretty much just to warn her former employers that she has the goods on them, without any regard to the tempest (apparently in a teapot) that it would stir in the fan community. Like, what the hell is the point of going public with this if you're not actually going public with it? Especially going to a fan forum, saying "ask me anything," and then being as elusive as ever.

I'm sorry, that sounds rather angrier than I meant it to sound.

Patti, to address you directly, I'm sympathetic and I want to know your side of the story, but you've gotten rather defensive when people are only doing what you invited them to do and asking questions. I'd very much like to hear the answers. If you feel PM is a better way forward, that's fine and I will gladly reach out, but I think you are better served actually sharing your story.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 27 Feb 2020 at 21:24.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 21:37   #66
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I’ve endured more than I care to remember. My post(s) were meant for who they were meant for. If you’ve read my stories, I believe you’d understand a bit more as to what I have been trying to make sense of, and it’s only recently that I’m able to feel a sense of normalcy. That pre-holiday notification I received was the tipping point and I fired back. That was MY turning point. For ME. Not for any publication.

Ok. I'm trying to understand here so please bear with me. Your posts were public (assuming you mean Twitter) yet were only for certain people. I have read your twitter, but have not seen any actual stories., where can those be read? If they are not for any publication are we supposed to be able to read them.

Please again understand that I understand how society treats women who are viewed rightly or wrongly as "accusers" and I feel that nobody should dismiss anything brought forward without giving it careful consideration. Is there something out there we have missed seeing in regard to your comments?
Old 28 Feb 2020, 09:34   #67
ajf33
Senior Loafer

A part of me is wondering if, the reason you're being vague, and not really answering questions, is because you're posting on here, and as I'm sure you know Meat does check in, and post on here, hence you not saying a lot more than your tweets do.

Much as I'd like to hear what it is you're actually alluding to, I think i'll stop asking, as it seems you don't really want to say anything more than your tweets actually do. (and yes I've read the stories you've posted on your website blog, so think I know what you're getting at)

As it stands, (phrasing this very carefully) I'm beginning to wonder if you actually are Patti. everything you've said on here is freely view able on twitter or Pattis website. In an attempt to satisfy myself, I've tweeted the twitter profile, which is verified, so if you are you, then could you please just answer that tweet and put the nagging doubt i'm having to bed.

If you are indeed you, then I apologize for doubting you, but for me, something just isn't smelling right here.

Last edited by ajf33; 28 Feb 2020 at 09:44.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:37   #68
stumpjumper
Rookie

One of the biggest problems with texting as opposed to speaking in person, is that we create a voice and tone to what we’re reading. My capital lettered words are not meant as yelling, but rather to emphasize the word I’m saying.
I believe I am answering your questions as tactically as I can.
Having said that, I should probably leave well enough alone here, as I most certainly will begin to defend myself. ( you’re a tough audience here, but I get it. )
Nonetheless, Thank you for letting me speak awhile. Stay well and take care.
Old 28 Feb 2020, 18:45   #69
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Thank you for at least being gracious about it. I would argue that speaking to the two reporters who've reached out to you might clear things up more for anyone who wants to know than attempting to communicate through text, but that's your choice and your decision.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 11:05   #70
nightinr
Super Loafer

Patti has posted more stuff on twitter overnight. I may be wrong but has a private message been leaked to her from here?
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:22   #71
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Patti has posted more stuff on twitter overnight. I may be wrong but has a private message been leaked to her from here?
I'm guessing something like that, as, I can not remember any threads with those comments in, and a quick check of fireballs past posts does not show anything posted publicly of that nature.
Old 29 Feb 2020, 13:42   #72
R.
You dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
I think it's time this thread was locked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
To be clear: I'm not in favor of censorship, but this is a situation that the majority of users on this site know nothing about. The speculation only serves to inflame each party in an era where this kind of thing ends careers and affects lives. Or vice versa. So tread carefully.
Sadly, this is a no-win-situation. While I do appreciate all the recent activity around here, I do agree with The Dude. So, before we drift off into more speculation, I’m closing this.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Closed Thread