PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 23 Oct 2021, 14:05   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Apparent leaked private messages from this forum to Patti Russo

Patti has released private forum messages on twitter. This long message around why Patti departed the band appears to have been sent by Meat Loaf to a forum member in this group.

If this message is genuine it appears we may have a rat in the forum.

It is a detailed message so presumably it is somebody Meat Loaf had built up some sort of rappore with and presumably trusted. He also signed off "Love ya" again demonstrating he presmably knew this person.

No wonder Meat no longer posts in this forum if his private messages get leaked to people who hold a grudge against him.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2021, 16:32   #2
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I don't know that it's necessarily a grudge. People here love Patti and Meat in equal measure; it may have just been somebody shocked, understandably so, who was like, "Is this true??" I honestly can't tell you if I wouldn't have done the same.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2021, 16:50   #3
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

It's probably in our nature to be curious about what really happened etc and why but at the same time I find it somewhat sad that Patti never got over this and perhaps never will.

Ie. she talks about this far more than for example her excellent London show in 2014 which happened afterwards.

It's a bit of a shame.

She perhaps sees her 2014 UK tour as a bit of a failure but I thought it was really, really good stuff.
Shame things didn't grow from there.

The never meet your heroes quote often rings true. It's awesome to have the opportunity to meet Meat and Patti or be able to talk to them through messages etc (many of us here have done so) but I'm not so sure it really helps them or us in the long term. You are going to catch them in a certain moment and probably always agree with whatever they say rather than be a real friend who can be a bit more objective and perhaps encourage each of them to resolve a conflict. That's what I'm guessing anyway.

Twitter probably also doesn't help anyone. Nor did the whole lockdown - make all these performers lose their work or worse their jobs thing to delay a (mostly harmless) virus from spreading. I'm sure Patti missed out on some more shows because of that carry on, which again is a shame.

Last edited by AndrewG; 23 Oct 2021 at 16:57.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2021, 17:34   #4
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

More thoughts while I have them:

On top of what I said from the source's perspective (disclaimer: not the source, just considering an explanation that doesn't involve an axe to grind), let's look at it from hers. If this is what Meat has been saying to people about the circumstances of her firing, this is the kind of thing that can cost people their livelihood. Patti's already approaching her sixties, and any woman in any unduly youth-obsessed industry can tell you how hard it is for them to stay afloat past a certain age; add talk about bad behavior to the mix, which would turn off most people in a position to employ her, and maybe you have the answer to why you don't see her doing more. If it's not true, and his gossip about her allegedly faking illness to go do something else has actively prevented her getting work (I don't need to tell you that "old, dishonest, and unreliable" is three strikes you're out at this old ballgame), she's well within her rights to contest that.

Last edited by letsgotoofar; 23 Oct 2021 at 17:39.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 17:40   #5
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
More thoughts while I have them:

On top of what I said from the source's perspective (disclaimer: not the source, just considering an explanation that doesn't involve an axe to grind), let's look at it from hers. If this is what Meat has been saying to people about the circumstances of her firing, this is the kind of thing that can cost people their livelihood. Patti's already approaching her sixties, and any woman in any unduly youth-obsessed industry can tell you how hard it is for them to stay afloat past a certain age; add talk about bad behavior to the mix, which would turn off most people in a position to employ her, and maybe you have the answer to why you don't see her doing more. If it's not true, and his gossip has actively prevented her getting work, she's well within her rights to contest that.
Another angle is: I don't want to employ that person because of the amount of carry on Twitter afterwards if things don't work out, regardless of the reasons.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 17:48   #6
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Okay, but bear in mind that she did not hit Twitter with any of this until seven years after the fact. That's a whole lot of intervening time with not much going on or able to get very far off the ground, with Meat being able to tell this story (true or untrue) to other people. Twitter is a factor now, I'll grant you that, but it wasn't all this time, and she still wasn't getting anywhere. Some of that may well have just been the type of natural inertia I describe as something one deals with as a woman of a certain age in this industry, but how much can we attribute to Meat painting her in this fashion?
Old 23 Oct 2021, 18:03   #7
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
Okay, but bear in mind that she did not hit Twitter with any of this until seven years after the fact. That's a whole lot of intervening time with not much going on or able to get very far off the ground, with Meat being able to tell this story (true or untrue) to other people. Twitter is a factor now, I'll grant you that, but it wasn't all this time, and she still wasn't getting anywhere. Some of that may well have just been the type of natural inertia I describe as something one deals with as a woman of a certain age in this industry, but how much can we attribute to Meat painting her in this fashion?
True,
wasn't she working with someone on something big soon or was I imagining that from the kitchen sink stuff?

I'd rather hear about that if that is still happening I hope.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 19:57   #8
nightinr
Super Loafer

Patti appears to be building up to this "big reveal" on Twitter for a few years.

If I'm honest it all seems a bit trivial.
A bit like when on Kitchen Sink Patti revealed that Meat banned her boyfriend touring with them in 1993 - shock horror!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Oct 2021, 20:47   #9
eltmatt
Super Loafer

^My thoughts exactly, after years of waiting to hear how she was badly done to, it turns out to be just a bit trivial. I can understand why Meat was concerned at the time if she was doing gigs with Cher and so close to the gigs with him.
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Oct 2021, 22:27   #10
nightinr
Super Loafer

Everything that has come out so far has been very trivial....

Meat is the boss. When you are in effect the employee for nearly 25 years there is bound to be disagreements. But nothing that has come to light so far has seen to be nothing out of the ordinary.

I love Patti...she was without doubt the strongest leading woman of Meat's career. Maybe both Meat and Patti can accept blame and Patti rejoin Neverland Express for the final tour next year?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 Oct 2021, 00:15   #11
mikeloaf
Super Loafer

Sadly, there is no such thing as a private message, and with platforms such as Twitter, there are options to share what was written as private to a large, unintended audience. When a famous person writes personal information in a private correspondence, they should be fully aware it has the potential to be made public. It isn't right, but it happens, all too often.
mikeloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2021, 03:12   #12
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Maybe both Meat and Patti can accept blame and Patti rejoin Neverland Express for the final tour next year?
I wouldn't count on it.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 11:04   #13
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
wasn't she working with someone on something ... I'd rather hear about that if that is still happening I hope.
She was, and it is

You'll hear about it via Kitchen Sink.

First, there's some housekeeping to do and a story to tell.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 11:17   #14
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
No wonder Meat no longer posts in this forum if his private messages get leaked to people who hold a grudge against him.
For clarity.

Meat stopped posting on this forum quite some years ago.

Here are the reasons why:

1. Criticism over his voice and performance.

2. FB nets a significantly wider audience.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 14:03   #15
Justin Bieber
Rookie

These PMs are very old, he had only just started the Las Vagus run. Patti is the one making them public. She also wrote a very long description criticizing ML at the same time. To me it seems as Patti didn’t sign an exclusivity to ML it was too risky to hold onto her. It is also well known that band members were not allowed to take girl friends on tour or even say they had one back in those days. Part of the acting in Paradise is having a argument and ripping off the wig, it is in videos. There is improvising often with yelling.
Justin Bieber is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 15:12   #16
nightinr
Super Loafer

It does feel like Patti needs to tell her full side of the story asap, rather than releasing snippets every couple of months.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 15:35   #17
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

I know the answer will be "wait and see", but I can't help feeling there isn't much more of a story to tell, and that this is just a lot of sour grapes and the bitterness that comes from them. Time to move on.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:06   #18
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
You haven't heard the half of this story.
Wrong on all counts.
Wish I could you tell you something more positive - I'm just the messenger.
Then maybe it's time to deliver the message rather than mentioning all the things you could tell but don't, and continually promising revelations that don't appear?
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:19   #19
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
Then maybe it's time to deliver the message rather than mentioning all the things you could tell but don't, and continually promising revelations that don't appear?
I promised nothing, with no such statement RE 'revelations'.

There is a timeline with Kitchen Sink.

We're sticking to the timeline.

Whatever you decide, I'm more than happy for you to stick around.

As for me - signing off.

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 25 Oct 2021 at 16:34.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:28   #20
roomster
Super Loafer

I have seen so many extremely strange, harsh, nutty and rude postings on this site from the big man himself (posts which was very quickly modified or removed by the mods) that I can say that I sadly have no trouble believing thats there more to the story regarding Meat and Patti...
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:34   #21
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
RE Kitchen Sink.

You haven't heard the half of it yet...
We haven't got there. Right now, we're showing you events as they occurred at the time. These events may or may not grow, and sooner or later you may realize that a pattern is emerging....
Remember - whatever you hear, whatever you see happen - nothing can stop you from enjoying the music.
Sounds pretty revelatory to me.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 16:45   #22
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
Sounds pretty revelatory to me.
Then you got what you came for
Old 25 Oct 2021, 19:31   #23
nightinr
Super Loafer

Probably work better if The Kitchen Sink episodes were a lot more frequent i.e weekly rather than once every few months.

Patti seems to have time to post on twitter late at night, but doesn't seem to have chance to talk on a frequent basis...
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 20:01   #24
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

It takes approximately 5 days to complete one episode.

I don't have that kind of time on my hands, sadly.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 20:19   #25
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
I have seen so many extremely strange, harsh, nutty and rude postings on this site from the big man himself (posts which was very quickly modified or removed by the mods) that I can say that I sadly have no trouble believing thats there more to the story regarding Meat and Patti...
roomster pretty much says it all. Frankly I'm surprised that, given the choice between the two, everybody's jumping on him being in the right 100% in this situation.
2 Users Like This Post.