Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 15 Oct 2019, 21:21   #51
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I thought some of the backing vocals really don't sound right on the last few albums. Not sure why they are recorded the way they are. They sound very strange to me.
Well, on the Caleb album, it was all Justin, and it sounded pretty much the same as Braver to me. Tell ya the truth, I didn't care for it on either of them.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2019, 12:44   #52
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Yes, I thought 'Braver' would have been so much more powerful without the synthetic cartoon-like background vocals.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2019, 23:00   #53
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
Meat's planning to sing a song written for him by Dolly Parton. Will we finally get Bat out of Nashville?
Wow that could be a powerful combination!
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2019, 21:54   #54
Danny L
Super Loafer

So far:

The Dolly Parton song
What Part of My Body Hurt The Most
(a version of) Safe Sex
You've Got to Love Me with the Sun in Your Eyes Until The Day That You Go Blind
maybe one or two other from Jim?
Danny L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2019, 23:56   #55
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny L View Post
So far:

The Dolly Parton song
What Part of My Body Hurt The Most
(a version of) Safe Sex
You've Got to Love Me with the Sun in Your Eyes Until The Day That You Go Blind
maybe one or two other from Jim?
I don't think there is anything "new" from Jim, but I would expect anything left will be recorded some for the first time on a full studio recording. At this point anything Jim has remaining should be for posterity if no other reason. Some of his early stuff was weird, any existing versions I have heard were poor and could probably be improved upon.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2019, 02:30   #56
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

For Braver, Meat talked about a song by Karla's husband Bobby Benson. I wonder if he'll do that!
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2019, 21:47   #57
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

In terms of Jim material, as "Not Allowed to Love" was originally a duet, it'd be neat to hear Meat do that with Bonnie or Lorraine, since they were supposed to be on the last album and weren't. ("Body" could be a candidate as well; there's another verse not included in the musical that could be given to a female soloist so that she doesn't get the short shrift of the female character in the musical.)
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2019, 02:47   #58
anotherday
Super Loafer

Andrew's Instagram has a photo of him/christina and Jim from yesterday. Man...

Our heroes are getting old.
And it sucks.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2019, 21:51   #59
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Andrew's Instagram has a photo of him/christina and Jim from yesterday. Man...

Our heroes are getting old.
And it sucks.
Where? Got a link or account name?
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2019, 00:49   #60
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina.K. View Post
Where? Got a link or account name?
You'll need to login, but here's the link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4aoHJ4HpA7/
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2019, 11:50   #61
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Wow. I barely recognise Jim. Glad he got to spend his birthday in a good way with the cast etc. The only time we seemed to get some truth about what was happening with Jim's health up until now was via Meat it seems.

Indeed, time is limited and we should make the most of what we have and what we can get in this world and try to be a better person every day. Don't waste your time arguing politics. Don't waste your time ranting on Twitter or social media. Create and/or enjoy, love and above all smile.

Jim and Meat are leaving behind a massive legacy of work, smiles and passion that will live forever.

I think Jim will be seen as a sort of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or indeed Richard Wagner of rock music.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Nov 2019, 22:00   #62
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Wow. I barely recognise Jim. Glad he got to spend his birthday in a good way with the cast etc. The only time we seemed to get some truth about what was happening with Jim's health up until now was via Meat it seems.

Indeed, time is limited and we should make the most of what we have and what we can get in this world and try to be a better person every day. Don't waste your time arguing politics. Don't waste your time ranting on Twitter or social media. Create and/or enjoy, love and above all smile.
Wise words. In typical Jim fashion though he is still wearing a fashionable shirt and necklace. I wish I could make out what is on them.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 Nov 2019, 16:03   #63
nightinr
Super Loafer

Any more news on the new album and summer UK tour?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 03:09   #64
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Any more news on the new album and summer UK tour?
I wouldn't hold your breath
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Nov 2019, 22:46   #65
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
I wouldn't hold your breath
^This^. I hope for things, I hear of things, I wait until I see proof of said things.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Nov 2019, 16:57   #66
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Meat has new management and has secured a record deal, so I await a new album with patience but also confidence

He is so determined to get back to the stage I believe he will in some format, although I think his sights are on doing some shows.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
6 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 11:56   #67
ajf33
Senior Loafer

With regards to a possible tour, would doing what Phil Collins has done be am option, or would that be to much of a compromise as far as Meats concerned, to basically do a show sat down?

I can not wait, for a new album, but will be patient until Meat feels ready to put it out there!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2019, 15:23   #68
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
With regards to a possible tour, would doing what Phil Collins has done be am option, or would that be to much of a compromise as far as Meats concerned, to basically do a show sat down?

I can not wait, for a new album, but will be patient until Meat feels ready to put it out there!
Really surprised at the rate Phil Collins has deteriorated. I'm a huge fan, never seen him live but I refuse to go now. I don't think he should perform. He looks in worse health than Meat. They say it is the extensive drinking he did in the early 2010s but it looks more serious than that to me.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2019, 16:10   #69
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Really surprised at the rate Phil Collins has deteriorated. I'm a huge fan, never seen him live but I refuse to go now. I don't think he should perform. He looks in worse health than Meat. They say it is the extensive drinking he did in the early 2010s but it looks more serious than that to me.
He has drop-foot...No feeling in one foot, so I imagine it's hard to exercise and get into shape for a show, or stand at all. He may have other issues though, it's hard to tell. His voice is still great, but physically, I agree that he's in worse shape than Meat.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Nov 2019, 21:52   #70
nightinr
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
Meat has new management and has secured a record deal, so I await a new album with patience but also confidence

He is so determined to get back to the stage I believe he will in some format, although I think his sights are on doing some shows.
Caryl thanks for the info....let's hope Meat is back in the studio soon and we can expect an arena tour in Autumn 2020.

Have you got any news on the bankruptcy story...was the quote referring to the 1980s or more recently?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Dec 2019, 15:03   #71
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Caryl thanks for the info....let's hope Meat is back in the studio soon and we can expect an arena tour in Autumn 2020.
He's doing the London ComicCon 24-26 July, which I think indicates that any summer tour here is unlikely .. and as to an arena tour I'm not sure the kind of show he wants to mount would suit arenas ..

Quote:
Have you got any news on the bankruptcy story...was the quote referring to the 1980s or more recently?
He regarded the suggestion that bankruptcy was a recent issue as not worthy of comment
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 06 Dec 2019, 09:57   #72
ajf33
Senior Loafer

slightly off topic, but does anyone who is going to the London film & comic convention in July know, what the seating arrangements for Meats talk are, for those who've brought the diamond pass? Reason I ask is a friend has brought herself one for her birthday, but now wants to buy her partner a ticket for the talk only (he not interested in the other stuff the diamond pass gives) but she's unsure if they'll be able to sit together. She suffers from anxiety problems hence wanting to sit with him, so just wondered if anyone knew how the seating works for these kind of events (she has tried asking the organizers, but they have yet to answer her!)

Last edited by ajf33; 06 Dec 2019 at 10:02.
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2019, 10:54   #73
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

it's pretty much a free-for-all with regard to the seating at the talk. Diamond Pass Holders are supposed to be first in the queue (so that they can get the best seats once everyone is allowed to filter in), but none of the staff/volunteers really police it. Once you get into the 'room' you just sit where you like. Nothing is reserved. We had diamond passes last time round and ended up behind many people in the queue who hadn't.
Old 06 Dec 2019, 10:56   #74
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

So worst comes to the worst, the person with the Diamond Pass can just sit further back with the non-pass guest.
Old 08 Dec 2019, 12:51   #75
nightinr
Super Loafer

The price of these comic cons are verging on extortionate. Is it really worth the cost of two if not three high profile concerts?