Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 12 Dec 2005, 17:30   #51
hot_patootie
Rookie

The very first time I heard Meat sing was in 2001 when I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I remember I liked his performance as Eddie, but I was about 12 years old and already going through a little shock - Tim Curry wearing a makeup, a corset and fishnet stockins!!!
Then last summer, my best friend played me the RHPS-soundtrack and told me to watch the movie again, and I did.
And when I saw Meat perform Hot Patootie - my God, I loved it!!!
It was not only the song that caught me, but the way he sang it. I thought, my God, this is great, this is amazing - and the next day, I walked to the local music library to loan The Bat Out Of Hell -cd...

And the rest is history.
hot_patootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2005, 23:40   #52
M.Bison
The Lurker in The Shadows

I was one of those fans from the Welcome To The Neighbourhood/Born To Rock era. I was four coming on five had already loved watching MTV at the time. When I saw the video for I'd Lie For You, I was extremely hooked on Meat Loaf. My Dad brought the cassete tape of the WTTN Album and I also went on to see Live In The Neighbourhood when it aired on VH1. I went off Meat for a few years in 1997 because I was too young to understand what the songs meant. However, I became hooked on Meat's powerful music once again in 2002 when I decided I would just listen to the Greatest Hits CD. Along the road I had been privileged enough to see Meat Loaf in concert three times (once in 2003, twice in 2005) the latter two I never thought I would see. Anyway, it's ten years in the making of me being a Meat Loaf fan and I'm definatly looking foward to the horizon of Bat Out Of Hell III: Last At Bat.
M.Bison
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote