PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 21 Apr 2011, 08:38   #26
evil nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
also, Meat performed hot patootie in 1985 at the Becon theater for the tenth anniversary of rocky horror. maybe thats what is on the CD
I bet it's probably the version from the "I'd Lie for You" single/"Live Around the World". (Which would make "Anything for Love" the 5:27 version from the same single, and "Bat" the Japanese bonus track from Wembley '94)
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 08:56   #27
razorball2002

Nothing really special that a fan didnt have exept for running for the red light live. i would have loved to hear or see a filmed version of left and the dark (beacon or other), which was ABSOLUTELY stunning live during that period. Meat took that song to another level.
razorball2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 09:03   #28
carole
Mega Loafer

This sounds fantatic. Just ordered mine. Let's hope there's no volcano eruption to delay it like happened with HCTB.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 09:24   #29
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorball2002 View Post
Nothing really special that a fan didnt have exept for running for the red light live. i would have loved to hear or see a filmed version of left and the dark (beacon or other), which was ABSOLUTELY stunning live during that period. Meat took that song to another level.

that whole disk is the show at beacon theater, 1995. Fans haven't heard the beacon version of AFL and CD quality versions of took the words and Bat.

my money is that the redlight live version is a typo, and its the beacon theater Dry Eye performance. Its really a win/win

also apparently hot patootie as well.

If its not a rehash theirs plenty to be excited about as a fan, especially the dvd with the interview and TOTP performances.

Last edited by Wario; 21 Apr 2011 at 09:33.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 09:49   #30
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Excellent!!! I adore this album, will be great to see all that artwork again too!!
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:15   #31
Kev
Just Kev

Exclamation

Wario - This one is with EMI and already 100% confirmed and the 200 prints are being done in the middle of next week!
Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:33   #32
Hypnobabe
mszee's Mistress with sexy goddess boots

Ordered :0D KeV, any idea how many orders you've had yet? In other words, am I within the 200?
Hypnobabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:37   #33
AndyK
Relentless

I know that the pre-orders are going well, and can confirm that so far all orders placed are within the 200. Better click fast though .
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:38   #34
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Better than Bat 1 and Bat 2???
I would rank Hang Cool Teddy Bear and Couldn't Have Said It Better both above Bat 1 and Bat 2 in my personal book, but that is just me.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 10:48   #35
nikox1
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Wario - This one is with EMI and already 100% confirmed and the 200 prints are being done in the middle of next week!
must of bought the rights from Virgin Records ? or are they the same ?
nikox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 11:03   #36
evil nickname

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikox1 View Post
must of bought the rights from Virgin Records ? or are they the same ?
EMI bought Virgin Records back in '92.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 11:12   #37
melon
Long Distance Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
I know that the pre-orders are going well, and can confirm that so far all orders placed are within the 200. Better click fast though .
WHOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!
melon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 12:26   #38
Kev
Just Kev

We've not announced anything yet! you're the first to hear anything from it and have the best chance of being 1 of the 200!
Old 21 Apr 2011, 12:53   #39
RSG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
We've not announced anything yet! you're the first to hear anything from it and have the best chance of being 1 of the 200!
Kev, this is great news. I can't pre order it, but I confident if the 200 don't get sold too quick I will pick one up in the summer for sure. I just curious too Man, how does the whole set up process work...

Say someone says something like, this may sell again. And your company finds promos and items that go along with that album? Either way I ain't complaining, I just always curious what happens on the other side of the market :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I would rank Hang Cool Teddy Bear and Couldn't Have Said It Better both above Bat 1 and Bat 2 in my personal book, but that is just me.
U would be a minority of minorities Dave. (We used to talk online, that's why I addressed you like I know you :) But more to the point, they are fantastic albums but its cool to hear people still have the same enthusiasm for CHSIB as I do.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:29   #40
Kev
Just Kev

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG View Post
Kev, this is great news. I can't pre order it, but I confident if the 200 don't get sold too quick I will pick one up in the summer for sure. I just curious too Man, how does the whole set up process work...

Say someone says something like, this may sell again. And your company finds promos and items that go along with that album? Either way I ain't complaining, I just always curious what happens on the other side of the market :)

U would be a minority of minorities Dave. (We used to talk online, that's why I addressed you like I know you :) But more to the point, they are fantastic albums but its cool to hear people still have the same enthusiasm for CHSIB as I do.
There will be some promo behind this, not overly sure what yet, but EMI did quite a bit for the promo of the Bat 2 reissus a few years back. There was stuff in classic rock and mailouts and some other bit so hopefully much of the same here.

I don't see the 200 lasting too long once we've mailed our database, the forum have done theirs and when EMI do their meaty one!
Old 21 Apr 2011, 13:54   #41
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

If I pre order when do I pay? On the albums release or now?
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 14:12   #42
Kev
Just Kev

Items are charged when they're ready for release so it would be at some point during the week before release when stock arrives.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 14:55   #43
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Nope .. it's not just you Same here.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 15:30   #44
Dave
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG View Post
Getting off topic here, but having the opportunity to be as close as I was to the entire CHSIB project - seeing so many shows and getting the demo from eBay far ahead of the curve. It is magic to me.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 15:44   #45
razorball2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
that whole disk is the show at beacon theater, 1995. Fans haven't heard the beacon version of AFL and CD quality versions of took the words and Bat.

my money is that the redlight live version is a typo, and its the beacon theater Dry Eye performance. Its really a win/win

also apparently hot patootie as well.

If its not a rehash theirs plenty to be excited about as a fan, especially the dvd with the interview and TOTP performances.
yes, right. true. I was just saying that musically, quality wise, left in the dark was a standout on this album. Not having it LIVE is a shame. I would have preferred that over Not a dry eye, and the 1000th live version of AFL, Bat etc. available for fans on various albums.
Other that ok, its great news having that reissued and i will order mine.
But I cant imagine i'm the only person on that forum that seems to miss that left in the dark song live??????
razorball2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 16:30   #46
roomster
Super Loafer

Ordered
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 16:42   #47
Wario

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorball2002 View Post
But I cant imagine i'm the only person on that forum that seems to miss that left in the dark song live??????
Also missing ORIGINAL SIN as well.

but neither original sin or LITD were performed at the promo concert in NYC in October of 1995. In fact they didn't get added to the set till the European shows.

Paradise wasnt performed either during the promo shows

Using the poor audience recording track lists from two promo concerts in early 1996, the promo set for Beacon was likely:

Rubber
Lemon
Midnight
DRFL
All Revved Up
Took The Words
Lie For You
Amnesty
Dry Eye
AFL
Bat
Red Light

Runnin' for the Red Light was Likely the finale, as during the tour they'd play the album recording of red light on the loud speakers after Bat while the audience was leaving.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 16:43   #48
Smithie
Super Loafer

Looking forward to it! Any idea what show Running for the Red Light was performed live?
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2011, 16:46   #49
Dave
Mega Loafer

I know they performed Where The Rubber Meets The Road twice at the Hudson Theater promo show, as they had to reshoot part of it after hitting an audience member in the head with a camera boom.
Old 21 Apr 2011, 17:00   #50
Wario

Quote:
I know they performed Where The Rubber Meets The Road twice at the Hudson Theater promo show, as they had to reshoot part of it after hitting an audience member in the head with a camera boom.
interesting. whered you get that information :)

maybe the source could give you an accurate set list?

If that performance of the rubber on the cd and that aired was take two, id imagine take one was just as impressive :)