mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » (I) Couldn't Have Said It Better (Myself)

Old 27 Jul 2016, 10:44   #1
Nige78
Junior Loafer

Default Testify?

Just been reading about this on Wikipedia - which I know is not necessarily the most accurate place to get information from!

Anyway, I absolutely love the CHSIBM album so I was looking to see if there had been a special edition/Japanese bonus tracks etc. And lo and behold this "Testify" album is mentioned with two tracks listed which didn't make the final album, "Decadent Wish" and "Unsaid".

Did these tracks ever get released anywhere? Anyone know what happened to them?
Nige78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 11:38   #2
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

They were both B-Sides for the singles released at the time. Unsaid was on the CHSIB single, and Decadant Wish was on the German Did I Say That single, if i remember correctly.

Both were really good tracks too. Shame the promotion for the album wasn't that great, I remember it being a nightmare to get hold of the single.
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 12:54   #3
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

I would have preferred "Decadent Wish" over "Why isn't that enough?" and "Unsaid" over "Do it" for sure. Having said that CHSIB is still a great album with probably my favourite non Steinman two song start of any Meat album.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 12:58   #4
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

I could have done without "You're right I was wrong" and maybe "Because of you". That's probably where these two tracks would have come in. If I recall correctly there was some kind of early promo circa 2002 with these tracks included but NO CHSIBM and one or two others. Testify had a slightly different mix. I've always wanted one of these promos!
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 13:03   #5
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
I could have done without "You're right I was wrong" and maybe "Because of you". That's probably where these two tracks would have come in. If I recall correctly there was some kind of early promo circa 2002 with these tracks included but NO CHSIBM and one or two others. Testify had a slightly different mix. I've always wanted one of these promos!
NO CHSIBM would have sucked big time. It was one of the best things on the "Last world tour" and one of the best performances on the MSO DVD.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 13:11   #6
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

CHSIB was such a great song, really came into its own when done live. Just a massive shame, as mentioned above that the promo was really bad for the album because it had some great songs on it. Did I Say That and Testify were standouts as well.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 13:30   #7
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

It has been that way for me ever since CHSIB.

All these songs should have been bigger or should have been singles:
"CHSIB"
"Did I Say That?"
"Blind As A Bat"
"The Future Ain't What It Used To Be" should have been a single after Jennifer Hudson won the Oscar for "Dreamgirls"
"The Giving Tree"
"Live Or Die" I think this could be used on "The Walking Dead"
"California Dreamin'" should have been a major new version

HIAHB hit me hardest of all. It was the timing of the album as well, with how the world's been going, and just all the cyber shite that you read, like all the horrible things people were saying online when Whitney Houston died. Meat was a voice for that for me, and that album OMG... I actually don't want to talk about it because it upsets me.
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 17:40   #8
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Definitely agree with you on Future, I absolutely adore that song and considering the thing with Jennifer Hudson winning an Oscar it seemed like a perfect choice for a single. I can't even remember what the singles were for Bat 3 now aside from All Coming Back.
Old 27 Jul 2016, 19:16   #9
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmoorehead View Post
Definitely agree with you on Future, I absolutely adore that song and considering the thing with Jennifer Hudson winning an Oscar it seemed like a perfect choice for a single. I can't even remember what the singles were for Bat 3 now aside from All Coming Back.
All coming back before album release & Cry over me which was a single ages later just before the UK tour.
Old 28 Jul 2016, 10:34   #10
Nige78
Junior Loafer

Thanks all - I'll see if I can find them :)
Nige78 is offline   Reply With Quote