Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 30 Oct 2022, 10:39   #26
aks650
Senior Loafer

Tbh I’m this day and age £40 isn’t bad at all..
Christ a domino’s pizza is £20 🤣
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 11:34   #27
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

If they were smart, they would've asked Kasim, CC, Aspen, The Goff Sisters, Karla, Ellen, Rory, etc. - making it a celebration (as opposed to a tribute).
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Oct 2022, 17:34   #28
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, y'know, some of us are enterprising producers and promoters... we could honestly organize such an event of our own and book "The Bat Experience" / "Back Out of Hell" / "Celebrating Meat Loaf" / whoever-the-hell-they-are-now as the big centerpiece just to keep the peace...
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2022, 02:13   #29
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
If they were smart, they would've asked Kasim, CC, Aspen, The Goff Sisters, Karla, Ellen, Rory, etc. - making it a celebration (as opposed to a tribute).

If Patti was included and they added After The Fall in the setlist, I'd be front row at every show.

Like you said, not a Meat song of course, but to me definitely a "celebration".
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2022, 10:53   #30
Evil One
Mega Loafer

It's not actually the whole Neverland Express anymore though. It's Paul, Randy, John and a bunch of chaps I've never heard of. Promoting it as Meat Loaf's band is a bit of a stretch.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 19:11   #31
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

It's slightly more than just Paul, Randy, and John. (In that they rotate the last couple of Patti replacements from Vegas, and, at least per the website, Justin Avery, Pat Thrall, Tom Brislin, Ginny Luke [fiddle from Guilty Pleasure Tour], and Dave Luther may also join the fray periodically.) I'm not saying that matters, just being pedantic for the record.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 20:52   #32
AndrewG

Has Path Thrall ever shown up so far? I loved his take on AFL. I doubt we will see him in the UK also. Justin seems to have dropped out of this to me.

It seems Meat's wife is certainly not taking any part in endorsing the "official" band, posting very different things on his Facebook now.

Starting to regret buying a ticket for one of the UK shows a bit, it seems more like a Paul Crook show than anything else. Maybe going to a Steve Steinman show would be a safer bet. At least he has Lorraine Crosby.

Wish Patti would come back too.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 31 Oct 2022, 22:29   #33
anotherday
Super Loafer

Meat is dead. We’ve got what we’ve got at this point. Let’s enjoy it, yeah? John, Paul, Randy toured with Meat for 20+ years. They know these songs and bring them to life. Caleb’s voice is great on them live. Go see the show. Enjoy it. Celebrate Meat.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Nov 2022, 12:14   #34
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
It seems Meat's wife ... posting very different things on his Facebook now.
Are you sure that's who's posting?

Quote:
... it seems more like a Paul Crook show than anything else.

Quote:
Wish Patti would come back too.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Nov 2022, 13:58   #35
Michael Marxen
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Meat is dead. We’ve got what we’ve got at this point. Let’s enjoy it, yeah? John, Paul, Randy toured with Meat for 20+ years. They know these songs and bring them to life. Caleb’s voice is great on them live. Go see the show. Enjoy it. Celebrate Meat.
Yep!
Why all the negativity? It’s probably hard enough to put this up anyhow.
Looking forward to see them in the UK!
Michael Marxen is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 01 Nov 2022, 15:22   #36
nightinr
Super Loafer

I suspect the tour may be cancelled due to poor ticket sales
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Nov 2022, 19:43   #37
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Jesus you're a ray of light on a dark day aren't you, stop poking for a reaction and just scroll past if you can't think of anything constructive or thought out.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Nov 2022, 20:15   #38
Guy
Super Loafer

Howay the Toon. 😁
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Nov 2022, 02:12   #39
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Although I am a bit meh with all this at the moment, I highly doubt they will cancel.

To me it seems 25-30% of tickets are gone. They should hit 50% I would have thought by the time the shows are on, hopefully/possibly more.

If they put on a really good show they might do better next time.

If they are committed and can make it through that it could work out ok in the long run.

If it's just a one off then at least they tried, I can't blame them for that. Even if a fantasy lineup might have attracted more interest.

The main thing I think they should do is post videos of them doing live stuff online rather than record studio versions.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Nov 2022, 21:48   #40
Justin Bieber
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
Are you sure that's who's posting?

Yes I am sure. Paul could easily use his own pages. What is your point this time?
Justin Bieber is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 03 Nov 2022, 04:09   #41
aks650
Senior Loafer

This truly is becoming a depressing place..

I really don’t understand the negativity towards the band touring.. It’s not like we are going to get anything else from Meat.. ie there are no vaults etc.

Just enjoy it for what it is..
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Nov 2022, 08:47   #42
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

They were decent back in February, Caleb is no Meat but they did a very good job and the crowd loved it. Just a shame the sound at the venue was crap, was hard to hear Caleb at times!!
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2022, 11:59   #43
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Bieber View Post
Yes I am sure.

Quote:
Paul could easily use his own pages.

Quote:
What is your point this time?

Last edited by ThatWriterGuy; 03 Nov 2022 at 12:34.
Old 03 Nov 2022, 13:47   #44
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

For clarity: you should absolutely go and see this, if it's your thing and they're playing in your neck of the woods.

Imagine it'll be a blast to see and hear.
Old 03 Nov 2022, 18:14   #45
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Not the greatest recording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv5A4CsxBpA

But I actually think they did a GREAT job with this!
Old 03 Nov 2022, 19:32   #46
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks650 View Post
This truly is becoming a depressing place..
Hey, I'm chuffed to bits that Justin Bieber, of all people, took time out of his no doubt very busy schedule to contribute to the thread.

2 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Nov 2022, 21:48   #47
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
Exactly!

And I'll just reiterate that, while Meat's band has changed substantially over the years, John, Paul and Randy are the core band members for the last 20+ years. If that's not Meat's band, I don't know what is. If Meat was alive, he would be touring with them, would he not?

As far as the name changes go, I think we can all agree that none of the other names really fit. Celebrating Meat Loaf is perfect. Well done to whoever came up with that!

Regarding this being a 'Paul show' - to suggest that Celebrating Meat Loaf is just a Paul show is not only a bad take, it is inaccurate. The same core members of Meat's band are all here.

If you have a look here https://bravewords.com/news/meat-loa...PexjaRknAr8a8I

You can see that the lineup of performers/musicians for this album contains several other familiar names:

- Justin Avery, (keyboard, vocals)
- Tom Brislin (orchestration)
- Steve Buslowe (bass)
- Paul Crook (guitar)
- Randy Flowers (guitar)
- David Luther (saxophone)
- Lyssa Lynne (“Stop Right There!”)
- John Miceli (drums)

As was previously noted, many of these names appear on the Celebrating Meat Loaf website as well. This is the NLE.

Lyssa Lynne was literally hand-chosen by Meat back in what, 2013? She is an official member of the NLE.

I don't buy all the negative takes, sorry

~~~~ the pandemic. Meat Loaf is dead because of it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm with everyone else here, both lurkers and commenters, who want to try to keep some positive energy in the Meat Loaf camp. Let's enjoy it while we have the NLE and Paul's hard work to keep Meat's memory and life's work alive. We're very lucky to have him as a steward of Meat's vision.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2022, 02:27   #48
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Exactly!

And I'll just reiterate that, while Meat's band has changed substantially over the years, John, Paul and Randy are the core band members for the last 20+ years. If that's not Meat's band, I don't know what is. If Meat was alive, he would be touring with them, would he not?

As far as the name changes go, I think we can all agree that none of the other names really fit. Celebrating Meat Loaf is perfect. Well done to whoever came up with that!

Regarding this being a 'Paul show' - to suggest that Celebrating Meat Loaf is just a Paul show is not only a bad take, it is inaccurate. The same core members of Meat's band are all here.

You can see that the lineup of performers/musicians for this album contains several other familiar names:

- Steve Buslowe (bass)
- Paul Crook (guitar)
- Randy Flowers (guitar)
- John Miceli (drums)

As was previously noted, many of these names appear on the Celebrating Meat Loaf website as well. This is the NLE.

Lyssa Lynne was literally hand-chosen by Meat back in what, 2013? She is an official member of the NLE.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I'm with everyone else here, both lurkers and commenters, who want to try to keep some positive energy in the Meat Loaf camp. Let's enjoy it while we have the NLE and Paul's hard work to keep Meat's memory and life's work alive. We're very lucky to have him as a steward of Meat's vision.
I agree with every word, this is as close as you will ever get to see a Meat Loaf show. Forget Steve Steinman and his karaoke theatre, this was fully endorsed by Meat before his passing and they are carrying the torch now. I enjoyed seeing them perform just after Meat’s passing and it was a great night, the tribute at the start was very touching and whole crowd loved it. All I say is, give it a go!!!!
Jayd is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2022, 03:50   #49
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd View Post
I agree with every word, this is as close as you will ever get to see a Meat Loaf show. Forget Steve Steinman and his karaoke theatre, this was fully endorsed by Meat before his passing and they are carrying the torch now. I enjoyed seeing them perform just after Meat’s passing and it was a great night, the tribute at the start was very touching and whole crowd loved it. All I say is, give it a go!!!!
"Karaoke theatre" Literally tonight:

People have every right to compare these tribute acts, fully endorsed or not.

With the amount of dates Steve Steinman is playing I'd say the fully endorsed act has some catching up to do if they want to be as popular in the UK.

If you put yourself out there you can expect to be criticised and compared to the original artist even if you are just attempting to perform these songs, it's inevitable.

I'll leave judgement of the performance till I see it but a lot of stuff I've seen and heard so far just doesn't impress me the way they are going about it.

Look at the revved up single artwork. It's just strange and seems more like what I expect Paul Crook likes rather than it fitting in with Steinman and Meat's music:

Even the cover of the album (IF that what it is) seems self indulgent, very lazy and not even well put together. There is something quite off about Randy in front of the girl.

Are you telling me the "karaoke theatre" tribute artwork is "less Meat Loaf" simply because it isn't endorsed by Meat?

Get real.

Last edited by AndrewG; 04 Nov 2022 at 04:05.
1 User Dislikes This Post.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 04 Nov 2022, 04:27   #50
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Exactly!

- Steve Buslowe (bass)
- Paul Crook (guitar)
- Randy Flowers (guitar)
- John Miceli (drums)

He may be on the album, but I highly doubt Steve Buslowe will play a single date, but we will see.

As for the Paul show, maybe it's a harsh criticism but I doubt the band would exist without him.

I'll let you in on something: the others just don't seem as passionate. This was quite evident backstage at Manchester 2013 to be honest. It was great speaking to Paul about Meat possibly coming back for another London and Manchester show and he was super enthusiastic about Braver Than We Are - the song (which I do agree sounds great considering all things). But I just didn't get a vibe others were bothered about more shows and saw it mostly just as work. Even Patti for that matter who wasn't fired yet at that point.

Paul constantly talking about Meat, even now, as his boss, is something I do very much appreciate.
1 User Likes This Post.