Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » mlukfc.com » Feedback Central

Old 31 Dec 2017, 23:42   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default This forum needs a refresh or it will die- ideas please!

There are now very few active members. We need to reinvigorate this forum desperately moving into 2018.

I have previously started a thread on ideas to breath fresh life into this forum and it was abruptly moved to another part of the forum. I have suggested Meat himself gets more involved again this idea was quashed.

Can we now have some ideas to get more people posting and debating?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2018, 11:54   #2
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Just a thought, but maybe invite people from Meat's Facebook page to come here?

Aside from that (as I think I posted in your previous thread), since Meat isn't very active in his career these days, we would need other topics to discuss that people would be interested in. Something like current events, sports, books, etc.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2018, 15:05   #3
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
I have suggested Meat himself gets more involved again this idea was quashed.
I don't know who "quashed" it. You asked on the "What does 2018 hold for Meat Loaf.....?" thread in GM if I would suggest this to Meat. I simply declined and explained why.

I think Julie is right .. Meat is unlikely to be working for at least 6 months after his surgery this week, and even then he may not be doing anything very visible for a while. His work to date has been discussed pretty exhaustively as far as current members are concerned, and even if new members come on board for the rest of us it's hard to get excited discussing what we've discussed many times before. To reinvigorate discussion, topics like current events, sports, books, etc. might prove more stimulating .. perhaps more clearly identified than simply in threads in Off Topic (there was for eg a sub-forum for FIFA WORLD CUP Germany 2006) and perhaps lifted out of Off Topic completely and into a new forum with a more enticing title and placed immediately under the Meat Loaf forum? I'm just thinking of how to catch the eye of newer members as well as existing ones, and emphasise these areas of discussion.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2018, 16:54   #4
nightinr
Super Loafer

Great idea Julie re advertising this site on Meat's facebook site. I wonder if somebody could ask Meat to post a link to the site?

I must say I was disappointed that this thread was immediately moved from the GM area. This thread is intended to help prolong the site.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2018, 22:35   #5
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Great idea Julie re advertising this site on Meat's facebook site. I wonder if somebody could ask Meat to post a link to the site?

I must say I was disappointed that this thread was immediately moved from the GM area. This thread is intended to help prolong the site.
Affirming its certain death unless [insert stipulation] probably had something to do with that.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jan 2018, 17:45   #6
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Meat's career is on hold while he takes a much needed time to heal. As has been stated almost every thing that can be discussed here has been. Many subjects I can think of that may still be possible would only make him angry if he saw them, and he doesn't need that right now. He probably should be off the internet for some time - except to keep up with his sports and things when he is able. Maybe he can read some movie scripts as he recovers once he feels up to it. Maybe dictate a new book. Who knows?

Right now he needs the time and once he is healed up he may have something for us that we may not have even thought of. I hope he comes roaring back like a certain bat.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote