PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 02 May 2020, 21:04   #1
nightinr
Super Loafer

Default Bat out of Hell Musical UK Tour 2020

When is this tour getting formally cancelled?

I presume rehearsals have been shelved?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 May 2020, 00:21   #2
Sebastian.
Biggles

I wonder how they’ll announce it. I’d go with:

Bat shelves Bat tour.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 May 2020, 00:37   #3
FrancineCyclesTheUS
Junior Loafer

Why should they cancel it? I mean we're talking about September/October, it's just May...
FrancineCyclesTheUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 07:02   #4
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancineCyclesTheUS View Post
Why should they cancel it? I mean we're talking about September/October, it's just May...
they gotta rehearse too and tech

its basically done.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 08:38   #5
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Oct 2020 will be the next wave of the virus. Even if it's only as bad and not worse than the first wave, it will result in cancellations.
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 13:03   #6
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Oct 2020 will be the next wave of the virus. Even if it's only as bad and not worse than the first wave, it will result in cancellations.
Might as well throw yourself of a bridge then if you work in theatre or make money from live shows. Taking part in silly Zoom collage videos don't pay the bills.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 08:31   #7
FrancineCyclesTheUS
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Might as well throw yourself of a bridge then if you work in theatre or make money from live shows. Taking part in silly Zoom collage videos don't pay the bills.
Yep. They CAN'T go on with all these restrictions, otherwise they'll kill both economics AND the cultural field.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 10:33   #8
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Yep. They CAN'T go on with all these restrictions, otherwise they'll kill both economics AND the cultural field.
I agree but there has to be a balance with that and not killing all the people
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 18:16   #9
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, there isn't a profitable one as yet, and we're all feeling the pinch. Broadway is getting hit pretty hard; we're postponed till the fall, which I understand is just another placeholder date, and there are rumors on the street that the Theatre Communications Group (who are the predominant guide in nearly all American theatre) is asking for an 18 month ban on performing live, and as they're the ones who promote professional non-profit theatre across the country, that's essentially like saying "Strap up, buttercup, you're on your own" to a number of organizations that can't afford to be dormant that long. Zoom chats ain't gonna put a living wage sized coin in anybody's pocket. We're all casting about for solutions.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 19:34   #10
AndrewG

Cameron Mackintosh recently said probably no public musicals of any kind till next year.

Seems very sad for musicals such as Back To The Future, that only just started. I didn't even get a chance to see it yet.
Shows like Les Miz, Lion King (flooded theatre - bizarre btw), Hamilton and Phantom will probably be fine. They would come back regardless, even if it took 10 years. But not so sure about smaller shows such as Bat.
Old 25 May 2020, 11:55   #11
nightinr
Super Loafer

The virus is rapidly decreasing...by July there is a possibility that there will be virtually zero new cases.

Hopefully the tour can survive if everyone holds their nerve.
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2020, 23:04   #12
FrancineCyclesTheUS
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
The virus is rapidly decreasing...by July there is a possibility that there will be virtually zero new cases.

Old 30 May 2020, 01:01   #13
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post

That definitely appears to be the case.
Even so many governments are taking only baby steps forwards but crowds at theatres probably won't be seen for quite some time I suspect. I doubt any musical will be giving large scale performances until Autumn earliest and even then will any producer take a chance on continuing a musical that may not have legs (ie possible risk of another lockdown next season or so). I think a lot of smaller musicals including Bat could thus be in trouble.
Never got to see the Back to the future one for example that only played a few weeks and I think I may never get the chance to see it.

Part of the baby steps forward I can understand but part of it I think is utterly ridiculous considering how many people die due to other reasons around the world and people still do those exact things that can lead to dying etc. I.e. Covid 19 death numbers have not even reached half the amount of people who die in traffic EVERY single year around the world. People still get in cars ...
Lockdown was initiated to protect health services, which I fully supported but now a lot of measures appear to be used to try to outrun the virus completely which most figures suggest 99% of people who catch it survives with. If only cancer or heart disease had such odds.
I don't think Covid 19 was ever under control to the extent the governments are trying to signal. A lot of of things that are proposed and measures taken seem to be the illusion of safety to me whilst the virus has almost ran its natural course in Europe (this year) probably due to seasonal changes and not being able to find vulnerable hosts to spread to so easily anymore. If lockdown were as effective as governments are trying to suggest then the easing of it would surely result into massive spikes which we are not seeing.

Last edited by AndrewG; 30 May 2020 at 01:13.