Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 19 Feb 2020, 22:22   #101
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I'd like a new album to sound like Couldn't Have Said It Better, with Steinman songs. Braver is a good album, but the backing vocals are poor and the sound isn't 'in your face' enough for a Meat Loaf production.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 20 Feb 2020, 02:18   #102
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I'd like a new album to sound like Couldn't Have Said It Better, with Steinman songs. Braver is a good album, but the backing vocals are poor and the sound isn't 'in your face' enough for a Meat Loaf production.
That'd be great
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2020, 04:51   #103
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
At one point, wasn't that what Meat basically wanted to do with Bat III? (See the answer to track 17 on the dearly departed evil nickname's site.)
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2020, 06:39   #104
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
At one point, wasn't that what Meat basically wanted to do with Bat III? (See the answer to track 17 on the dearly departed evil nickname's site.)
Rip evil nickname Miss you're thoughts on all things Meat Loaf...And thanks for sharing that letsgotoofar. I became a fan at the time of CHSIB - actually from the music video and Meat in that trench coat. I got hooked that instant. He truly seemed larger than life. It would feel appropriately full circle to return to that vibe - perhaps with a modernized production/feel to it.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 08:35   #105
RSG
Mega Loafer

I sometimes feel M Manson could sing Meat's More exactly the way the song is arranged on Braver.. luckily Meat recorded though. John 5 (Bat 3's TMIL collaborator) assisted with 2006's gothic theme..

Much of everything Jim has to do with the dark side of romance. Arguably TANZ (Vampire) has these darker themes along with Back Into Hell's dark and enchanting rock n roll elements. Braver is dark lyrically, maybe anything Meat and Band may record of Steinman's would return to something like Tanz or even Kulick/Jacobs/Durkee... wishful thinking?

anything we may get hope to include some music video ... or Still the Children, What Part Of My & Sun In Your Eyes... not sure if I'm using the expression correctly, to round out the Meat Loaf and Steinman partnership full circle? Maybe nithing Bat with a title at the beginning in bold red like wild berries or Chuck Berries red

Cry Over Me video was dark and filmed great, only to have no Anything For Love kinda plot nor anything interesting like Neighborhood Though maybe I recollecting incorrectly. Even very best of 'A Kiss' video only three minutes has some mad actress smiling in cave??

Last edited by RSG; 22 Feb 2020 at 08:42.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2020, 20:15   #106
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Or like Hell In A Handbasket with Steinman songs and a bit of polish. Looking past the heavy breathing and sloshes of spit, I think the album is produced better than Braver. It's certainly more imaginative.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Feb 2020, 21:02   #107
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Lots of heavy breathing and lots of sloshes of spit, if you ask me. I'm apparently alone in this judging by prevailing opinions on this forum, but whatever one could say about the quality of certain songs themselves, I think the last time Meat sounded consistently aces in his present form was HCTB.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Feb 2020, 09:58   #108
RSG
Mega Loafer

Does anyone have roughly an idea how much time has passed between when a new ML recording from past was announced (recent or not) and when an announcement of ML and band has begun recording?

As some have said in the past there may already be records awaiting Meat's vocals.. anything like that with some songwriters such as James Michael and Rick Brantley is always welcome.. even some ody else with a whole new idea of production be great.

Wasn't there an article in Winter 2012 of Meat announcing a party re ord? Ain't exactly a way to describe Steinman's Wagnerian Rock..

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/510914/meat-loaf-calls-new-album-the-most-honest-record-ive-ever-done
(found link after having written this post. )
one can't help but ask if a thing became of said part record... Halleujah Song starring House and you might recall during the Hang Cool period a Twitter video of James Michael jamming on an acoustic guitar doing only described from Meat as the hit! Lastly during the same sessions Meat had tweeted again something about John having recorded some durms for some song title "nothing to lose"

Last edited by RSG; 27 Feb 2020 at 10:22.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2020, 00:28   #109
Adje
trying to be realistic

Meat posted on his facebook today the question if fans would buy an album with 4-5 new songs (incl What part of my body) plus a demo of Bat from 1975.

Hmmm. Lemme think...

Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Mar 2020, 03:11   #110
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

bat demo would be interesting to hear, and still the children

but I've never heard a version of body that has caught my attention
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Mar 2020, 10:00   #111
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Yep, I would buy it. But I’m not so sure if there will ever be a new album. I do hope so.
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 01 Mar 2020, 10:38   #112
Mr. Happy

Anything is better than nothing. I'd buy it.

Don't think a collection of new material should include a demo of an old song though. Let it stand on its own merits.

Last edited by Mr. Happy; 01 Mar 2020 at 10:53.
Mr. Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2020, 13:59   #113
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Why not call it Welcome To The Neighbourhood Part II? Get Nevison and/or Cavallo out of retirement to produce it. Should get enough song entries not to have to use demos. Maybe a Bat demo as a bonus but it shouldn't be the focus of an album. That is literally pandering to hardcore fans I reckon.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2020, 14:04   #114
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

If there won't be demo but demos, than I will buy it. There will be also 5 new songs (including those from Jim Steinman ), so (as I said) I will buy it!
Meat Loaf_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2020, 18:50   #115
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Get Nevison
No thanks. Welcome To The Neighbourhood is a poorly produced rush job of an album.
Old 01 Mar 2020, 20:16   #116
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan View Post
If there won't be demo but demos, than I will buy it. There will be also 5 new songs (including those from Jim Steinman ), so (as I said) I will buy it!
Meat did say demos not demo, so here's hoping for your sake that's what he means. I would love to hear the demos as an aside, but I'm not as big a fan of older stuff and would rather have at least an EP worth of new material. That's a good starting point for Meat getting back into things.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 01:06   #117
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

Quote:
No thanks. Welcome To The Neighbourhood is a poorly produced rush job of an album.
Is it?

I love it anyway, one of my favourite non bat albums
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 04:30   #118
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I dunno... I'm kind of worried about the album proving a cynic's point unintentionally if the buying public compares current Meat to 1975 Meat. People are already harsh, unnecessarily or not, on a good day without being able to make the comparison on the same album.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 04:56   #119
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
I dunno... I'm kind of worried about the album proving a cynic's point unintentionally if the buying public compares current Meat to 1975 Meat. People are already harsh, unnecessarily or not, on a good day without being able to make the comparison on the same album.
Good point.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 16:39   #120
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

And I'm not saying the release is a bad idea, but, like, maybe do them separately, or even say, "Hey, Sony, we've got some bonus material for your next big phoney-baloney Bat reissue!" and let the new album (or EP) stand on its own.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 19:32   #121
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
However, there's every possibility that Meat's surgery and rest time... though not as quick and successful as was hoped... has allowed time for a full vocal recovery. The vocals on HCTB are stunning so if that sort of sound can be repeated, and I hope it can, the new tracks could stand up to anything.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 02 Mar 2020, 22:49   #122
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
That will be inevitable. They compared BTWA to Bat. I agree that I wouldn't mix the two. Meat sounded great on HCTB but I found the songs a bit dependent on understanding a short story. Albums don't make the money they once did so I don't know if Cavallo would do it, most likely it will be Paul. If Meat's voice is strong maybe we get some bombast back.

I don't think Jim has that much left in the filing cabinet. I would love for Tobias from Avantasia to work with Meat. He has tried before but Meat;s managers said no I believe.

Listen to "Ghost in the Moon" by Avantasia and the Jim and Meat influences are right there.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2020, 02:25   #123
aks650
Senior Loafer

I really hope this happens, agree a stand alone EP with a separate bonus demo cd would be good, I recall Meat chatted about releasing these demos a while back, did he not post on Facebook asking if anyone had a copy of a song?

Oh and Ghosts in the moon song sounds fantastic!! Thanks very much for that, I shall listen some more tomorrow.

Adam
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 03 Mar 2020, 03:34   #124
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

why have these demos been unheard?

countless rereleases of bat and it shouldve been on there.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Mar 2020, 04:07   #125
MarkS
Super Loafer

At this late stage of the game, I will take whatever new material we can get and buy it however they deem necessary to release it
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.