mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 25 Jul 2007, 12:58   #1
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Default Patti Russo's Gallery

I am not sure again, whether I can post this, but it isn't anything to do with Meat.... (well kinda)

Patti Russo : The Website features a gallery and is calling for fans to send in their photos to be included in the gallery.....

Please visit it if you wish to look round the site and to maybe send in your photos... The more the better

PattiRusso.co.uk

Please delete this thread if this is not allowed to be on!! If so, I will say sorry in advance! Please forgive...
meatloaf-unofficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 13:38   #2
Deb
Mega Loafer

The sites looking good Ross
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:53   #3
LostSoul
Got metal?

Am I the only one having trouble with it?
LostSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2007, 22:54   #4
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
Am I the only one having trouble with it?
Dr could help you with that lol
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:27   #5
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Am I the only one who gets nothing when I click on gallery?
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:32   #6
SamCat
Hello Harry!!!!

A Dr could help you with that!!
SamCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 00:50   #7
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

I get 'A problem loading page' message.
Then it tells me that there is an error .
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:16   #8
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

right - answers are here

Since last night I have been getting a message when I type in the url saying : Index of, white page.... I rang up the company who my domain is registered with (1and1.co.uk) and said that he could see the site fine....how strange!! I will try ringing them today....

As far as the gallery goes, try this link, http://pattirusso.freehostia.com/gallery/ untill the pattirusso.co.uk is up - can anyone else acess the site fine by typing inthe pattirusso.co.uk? or is it just me the owner of the site having trouble seeing it!??!

I will keep you posted on the news of the site and I am sorry, I feel so embarrased, this has not happeneded to me before with domains etc....
Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:54   #9
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Don't feel embarrassed Ross, it's not your fault that the domain isn't behaving in the way you want it to, I just hope that the matter get's resolved soon because I believe it'll be an amazing site when that technical hitch has been dealt with . Wow the galleries are so awesome with this tempory link you've given, Thanks.
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jul 2007, 10:58   #10
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Default update!

Everything seems to be working fine after a long tele call and partly undertsnading the guy on the other side ofthe phone

If any of you lot are having problems, please let me know!
pattirusso.co.uk is now working again!
Old 28 Jul 2007, 14:57   #11
LostSoul
Got metal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
Dr could help you with that lol
What is 'that'?

Still not working for me...

Pa†ricia
Old 29 Jul 2007, 11:29   #12
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSoul View Post
What is 'that'?

Still not working for me...

Pa†ricia
well it seems to be working for me anyhow.... if thats the problems like the guy said to me from the technical depart. - he said that the pc your using the the internet conncection isn't conncecting to the IP address of the domain... I got it to work after clicking on repair my router (I have the Orange LiveBox) - if in doubt contact your broadband provider and ask them maybe??
Old 29 Jul 2007, 12:32   #13
LostSoul
Got metal?

Some links work others not... weird.

Pa†ricia
Old 29 Jul 2007, 19:23   #14
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Well anything that promotes Patti I would usually support however if anyone cares to hear my opinion (which many probably won't - so stop reading here): sorry to say but I am slightly unimpressed to be honest. These 4 photos are available on other Patti Russo websites already and the bio is mostly taken from the "oh Darling" website. I also hope that when the time comes that Patti herself wants to do something with the domain pattirusso.co.uk you will co-operate with her on that. I just think she deserves better than a free hosted site. Hope the site's reliability problems get sorted though, it only worked once for me.
Don't get me wrong, making a website is a complex task, certainly for 1 person and I appreciate the effort here to promote Patti and her music . I just think the domain pattirusso.co.uk should point to something more official ("The Website" ? ) , even if it just redirected to her myspace for now.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 22:54   #15
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Well anything that promotes Patti I would usually support however if anyone cares to hear my opinion (which many probably won't - so stop reading here): sorry to say but I am slightly unimpressed to be honest. These 4 photos are available on other Patti Russo websites already and the bio is mostly taken from the "oh Darling" website. I also hope that when the time comes that Patti herself wants to do something with the domain pattirusso.co.uk you will co-operate with her on that. I just think she deserves better than a free hosted site. Hope the site's reliability problems get sorted though, it only worked once for me.
Don't get me wrong, making a website is a complex task, certainly for 1 person and I appreciate the effort here to promote Patti and her music . I just think the domain pattirusso.co.uk should point to something more official ("The Website" ? ) , even if it just redirected to her myspace for now.
Can I say something please??...... I have only put up a few pics and yes that are widly available but I am wanting YOU, fans of Patti Russo to help out on the site by supporting her, by sending in your photos of her with you, or general photos that are okay to be on the site, after all I am asking as it is copyright etc....

Yes, the bio, some of it maybe on the Oh Darling website but I read in one tourbook and got it...... so I think I am allowed to have it and I have edited it aswell to suit me

The pattirusso.co.uk, if Patti wanted it I would probally talk to her about it and maybe come up with something, after all I would love to have the opertunity to work with her on a website....... Who wouldn't?? I love to mess around on webiste programmes and try and create a better site than my last one

For now this is a fan run site and I would like as I said before, you the fans to be involved in the site by you sending in pictures, clippings etc....... Please

I hope this answers questions Andrew..... Freehostia is a hosting company that, yes you can get free hosting accounts but also you can pay for them too!!!

I hope you all like the site and I try to do my best a making it a great site..... I am no EXPERT, yet at web creation but I like to learn on the job, even if I learn by my mistakes like I have in the past as some of you may know!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 23:23   #16
djfierce
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Yes, the bio, some of it maybe on the Oh Darling website but I read in one tourbook and got it...... so I think I am allowed to have it and I have edited it aswell to suit me
umm just cos it was in a tour book and you edited it slightly, it doesnt mean you can have it, no offense mate but that idea doesnt sit right with me.

Quote:
The pattirusso.co.uk, if Patti wanted it I would probally talk to her about it and maybe come up with something, after all I would love to have the opertunity to work with her on a website....... Who wouldn't?? I love to mess around on webiste programmes and try and create a better site than my last one
i think what Andrew meant is would you give the domain name over or try to sell it, also no offence but i think she would employ a proffessional group to run her site. A .co.uk name does suggest a proffesional,official site. (correct me if i'm wrong Andrew)

Quote:
For now this is a fan run site and I would like as I said before, you the fans to be involved in the site by you sending in pictures, clippings etc....... Please
For now?

i'm not picking a fight by any means but Patti has her myspace and there are other very good sites dedicated to her from people who follow her in person and can give more information more accurately.
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jul 2007, 23:33   #17
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfierce View Post
umm just cos it was in a tour book and you edited it slightly, it doesnt mean you can have it, no offense mate but that idea doesnt sit right with me.

i think what Andrew meant is would you give the domain name over or try to sell it, also no offence but i think she would employ a proffessional group to run her site. A .co.uk name does suggest a proffesional,official site. (correct me if i'm wrong Andrew)

For now?

i'm not picking a fight by any means but Patti has her myspace and there are other very good sites dedicated to her from people who follow her in person and can give more information more accurately.
I guess I have alot of explaining to do.. thats okay with me....

a) I heard from a friendthat it was okay to take info from a tour book - he did web design by the way...

b) I would give it to her.... I wouldn't want someone who I was a BIG Fan off.... paying me for a domain name that hers name (if that makes sence).. she can have it!!!!

c) I am not trying to be an official site..... all I am doing is a fansite and fansite only! Your coorect, she would use a pro web design company or work with Susi as thats the official site now..... and I like that, Patti Rocks is a great site and I am not trying to take Susi's hard work away from her, I hope she understand that if she read this thread.....

Finally, I am not trying to be snubby about this, all I want to do is create a site, (a forum like this webiste, but I dodn't have the knowlege to install the scripts needed for this site, so its turned out more of a site about her with a forum thats dedicated to her) where we can talk about Patti, a place where her work is not forgotton about...

I hope a few if not all of you agree with me now..... I want to create Patti Russo: The Website, better than Meat Loaf Unofficial - by the way, ML Unofficial has now closed its doors.....

Lastly, I am sorry if I have upset you, I didn't set out to upset anyone at all!!!
Old 29 Jul 2007, 23:59   #18
djfierce
Mega Loafer

no offence but web design doesnt teach you about copyright.

And iwasnt talking about Susie rather someone you have been speaking to,and these are not your words i know this. Nobody is getting at you just pointing out where the misunderstandings are. So you sre no longer doing anything for Meat? just noticed your last sentence that's all.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 00:02   #19
Sapphire Lady
Mega Loafer

I would have thought that if Patti decides to set up an "official" site in the future she will want pattirusso.com, not pattirusso.co.uk
Sapphire Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 00:08   #20
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
no offence but web design doesnt teach you about copyright.

And iwasnt talking about Susie rather someone you have been speaking to,and these are not your words i know this. Nobody is getting at you just pointing out where the misunderstandings are. So you sre no longer doing anything for Meat? just noticed your last sentence that's all.
well not just yet but I might in the future - would you like me to continue ML Unofficial??..... oh and some web desiners do teach copyright, I helped out for my school webiste and the fiorst thing we got given on a sheet of paper was the laws of copyright etc....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Lady View Post
I would have thought that if Patti decides to set up an "official" site in the future she will want pattirusso.com, not pattirusso.co.uk
well pattirusso.com is taken so you never know what she is planning

I hope she does create a website with whoever she choose, it would be cool!
Old 30 Jul 2007, 01:02   #21
AndrewG

I believe .co.uk only recently became available. Whoever owned it before let it expire.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 01:13   #22
AndrewG

Quote:
Well the co.uk just indicates a company based in UK, but there have been many legal cases people trying to get their named domain back for instance Bruce Springsteen has ended up with .net and not .com because some dumbass refused to hand it over. He was probably offered a bit of cash for it too but it turned into a court case and the owner won. I find it a load of bollocks when you look at brucespringsteen.com now, there's nothing there. Great use of that domain name.
Luckily with the emphasis on search engines now it less of a problem but say 8-10 years ago this kinda stuff was a real pain in the ass I thought, you'd simply expect the .co.uk or .com of a famous person name to be the official site.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 08:53   #23
djfierce
Mega Loafer

well many artists have a worldwide fanclub which would be .com or .net and and have uk fanclubs (or for other countries) when they have a bigger fan base in that country so it isn't as ridiculous or as mean to Ross as it sounds. No body is getting at Ross just asking questions now that could be asked later before he puts alot of work into.
Old 30 Jul 2007, 10:23   #24
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

I think the point is that that if this is to be the "official" site then it needs something that none of the Patti Russo fansites have...at the minute it's a great site and that's it...

Don't get me wrong, my internet knowledge is distinctly lacking, my skills stretch about as far as sending email so I certainly couldn't have put this together, but perhaps it's lacking the something special that raises it above the fan sites to truly be called the Official site...
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jul 2007, 10:32   #25
meatloaf-unofficial
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
I think the point is that that if this is to be the "official" site then it needs something that none of the Patti Russo fansites have...at the minute it's a great site and that's it...

Don't get me wrong, my internet knowledge is distinctly lacking, my skills stretch about as far as sending email so I certainly couldn't have put this together, but perhaps it's lacking the something special that raises it above the fan sites to truly be called the Official site...
That something speacial hasn't come to me yet... and I don't know if it will..... as some of you know, building a site can take years as you like to add to it, change stuff and this site is far from finished!!