Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 20 Feb 2013, 22:49   #1301
batcity

Wink The new approved and (hopefully happier if tablets work) Batcity Returns

Hi all, well been and long time, Thank you to Monstro And Andy for letting me back on; let the just say Sorry to anyone I offended or upset, i guess loads of people lost their trust in me!!!.. understandably... For me being back is kinda a godsend... I have depression and been on loads of tablets, although latter the tablets don't seem to be working (one day they'll get it right), my psychologist had gave me all this rubbish and cds to listen too to calm me, didnt work, did diaries and stuff... in the end, she discharged me saying theirs nothing wrong with me (funny why am I on anti depressions tablets then and have been for nearly five years), anyway, Mandy (my wife is fine) and Laurieann is great (she's 4 this year).. me, Still work at Argos, put dont go much on the customer service side as I get stressed and make mistakes.. so i'm upstairs and make mistakes instead (not really!!!). Whats major has happen well last year on our 1st wedding anniversary I was out walking with my dad, and I fell 25ft from the cliff (could of been worse as 200ft drop, but I managed to grab hold of something), didnt need emergency services, I was dazed, and climbed back up... my dad asked me if I wanted to continue.. we'd already done 6 miles... so We continued... but, I drove 50 miles home in pain as (ribs hurt like a ~~~~~~, and couldnt really moved my right foot, guess strained the tendon) with my dad in the passenger seat.. I hid the fact I was in pain, dropped my dad off, mandy didnt tell me off she was concerned... took some parcetmols and went to bed, went to A&E, next day, yep three bruised ribs and strained tendon..... anyway ok now... anyway been boring you for a while now, its good to be back... yes going to see meat at nottingham for the last time, reason I thought I d go is because I'll regret it if I dont... anyway hello again
batcity is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 23:28   #1302
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by batcity View Post
Hi all, well been and long time, Thank you to Monstro And Andy for letting me back on; let the just say Sorry to anyone I offended or upset, i guess loads of people lost their trust in me!!!.. understandably... For me being back is kinda a godsend... I have depression and been on loads of tablets, although latter the tablets don't seem to be working (one day they'll get it right), my psychologist had gave me all this rubbish and cds to listen too to calm me, didnt work, did diaries and stuff... in the end, she discharged me saying theirs nothing wrong with me (funny why am I on anti depressions tablets then and have been for nearly five years), anyway, Mandy (my wife is fine) and Laurieann is great (she's 4 this year).. me, Still work at Argos, put dont go much on the customer service side as I get stressed and make mistakes.. so i'm upstairs and make mistakes instead (not really!!!). Whats major has happen well last year on our 1st wedding anniversary I was out walking with my dad, and I fell 25ft from the cliff (could of been worse as 200ft drop, but I managed to grab hold of something), didnt need emergency services, I was dazed, and climbed back up... my dad asked me if I wanted to continue.. we'd already done 6 miles... so We continued... but, I drove 50 miles home in pain as (ribs hurt like a ~~~~~~, and couldnt really moved my right foot, guess strained the tendon) with my dad in the passenger seat.. I hid the fact I was in pain, dropped my dad off, mandy didnt tell me off she was concerned... took some parcetmols and went to bed, went to A&E, next day, yep three bruised ribs and strained tendon..... anyway ok now... anyway been boring you for a while now, its good to be back... yes going to see meat at nottingham for the last time, reason I thought I d go is because I'll regret it if I dont... anyway hello again
Hey, Welcome to MLUKFC There's lots that goes on here besides being the best place on the net (that I know of) to keep up on current events in the Meat Loaf universe!

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Cheers
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2013, 23:40   #1303
batcity

cheers stretch...!!!
batcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 10:47   #1304
Nige78
Junior Loafer

Hello all
New member but long time Meat Loaf fan. In fact the first concert I ever went to was Meat Loaf in Newcastle in 1996.
Nige78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2016, 12:59   #1305
ashkent7
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige78 View Post
Hello all
New member but long time Meat Loaf fan. In fact the first concert I ever went to was Meat Loaf in Newcastle in 1996.
Snap - The Born To Rock World tour, which was also my first concert at the Metro Arena. Forever in my memory for three reason 1) the Bass drum feeling like it was going to pound my heart into a different beat, 2) My dad almost bouncing the seats off the floor as he seemed to play his own set of invisible drums, 3) and a bloke behind us bellowing "GET THE MEAT OUT!" at the end of every song. I still to this day assume he was talking about the man himself, but I never did dare turn around just in case.

Oh, also I remember Meat telling someone to get the f out of the arena for not knowing the words to Took the Words Right Out Of My Mouth. And I think that was the show that someone randomly shouted out Ricky Lake during the On A Hot Summer Night speech, to which Meat responded "Ricky Lake? What Does Ricky Lake have to do with this? Does Ricky Lake love you? Yes. Would Ricky Lake starve without you? No f-ing way. Ricky Lake probably wasn't even born when we recorded this."

Funny the things that stick in your mind for twenty years.
ashkent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 07 Aug 2016, 11:17   #1306
Nige78
Junior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkent7 View Post
Oh, also I remember Meat telling someone to get the f out of the arena for not knowing the words to Took the Words Right Out Of My Mouth. And I think that was the show that someone randomly shouted out Ricky Lake during the On A Hot Summer Night speech, to which Meat responded "Ricky Lake? What Does Ricky Lake have to do with this? Does Ricky Lake love you? Yes. Would Ricky Lake starve without you? No f-ing way. Ricky Lake probably wasn't even born when we recorded this."

Funny the things that stick in your mind for twenty years.
I'm literally LOL-ing - I had forgotten all about that!
Nige78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Aug 2016, 13:55   #1307
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

That was my first show too! Newcastle Arena, April 26th 1996
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 11 Dec 2016, 18:36   #1308
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

to all new members welcome. you do not wanna get to know me.

i will cause you nothing but pain in teh ehad.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.