PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Life » Off Topic

Old 02 Feb 2003, 01:55   #1
Meatloafuk-2003
Loafer

Default new member to this board

hey all hows it going i am a new member to this please can u tell me wot sort of stuff goes on here aprt from chatin bouyt meatlof music (best music on the planet) cheers

P.S im 17
Meatloafuk-2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2003, 13:17   #2
Tim
The Butcher

The last 2 weeks there are a lot of new memebers!!!

Where are the old school ML members???

Are there any left?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2003, 14:40   #3
Michel
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Where are the old school ML members???

Are there any left?
I think we are the old school ML members Tim.

Meatloaf-uk-2003

We discuss on this forum everything about Meat Loaf:

On this forum you can tell everything you like about Meat, or everything you want to know about Meat.

On the (I) Couldn't Have Said It Better (Myself) forum we discuss everything about the new album.

On the Tyre Tracks And Broken Hearts we discuss or give an opinion about Meat songs.

On Site Feedback you can talk about this forum.

On the testboard you can test everything you like.

And offcourse the Off Topic forum. On this forum you can talk about everything you like.

Welcome on this forum!
Michel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2003, 11:44   #4
Anonymous
Guest Post Container

Default ageism

hey i,m a golden oldie - 53 years old to be exact. have belonged to fanclub since initiation - previously also belonged to original club. so there!
have followed meat since his days with stoney. anymore silver surfers outthere?
Anonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2003, 19:11   #5
White of High
Nature's Siegfried

Default New Members

Here is a lot of new members but they never write here. Then why do they register themselves?
White of High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2003, 19:17   #6
Tim
The Butcher

That's easy: They want to belong to somthing, some group, otherwise they are alone is this big, dark world!!

Well, actually, don't know......... Maybe the love Meat Loaf and his music, and they become a member, but then they forget about the forum orso..... Maybe no time........
Old 28 Mar 2003, 19:38   #7
Satan
The Red Guy

Yeah - I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo lonely.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2003, 20:37   #8
Michel
Mega Loafer

Satan is back.
Old 28 Mar 2003, 22:58   #9
Bart
Bald Mega Loafer

I think Tim is right. Actually he was joking, but he is right. people just wants to be part of a group. They are a fan of Meat and then they join this Forum. It is also a contribution to their favorite artist. I their minds they are now officially a fan. Or something like that. Did i write this clear or does it make no sense at all?
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 17:51   #10
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

This is my first post, although I was a little bit uneasy about where to leave it, as there are so many topics and sub topics to add your first post.
I think a lot of old members on many other fan club forums think that cos you are a newbie then you have maybe only just discovered the artist/band and so you know very little or not as much as the older members, this then puts people off from posting any topics or replies as they think older members of the forum will just dismiss there opinions.

Im not saying that this happens here but this may be the reason that many people register but then never really contribute.
Renegade Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 19:43   #11
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Angel
This is my first post, although I was a little bit uneasy about where to leave it, as there are so many topics and sub topics to add your first post.
I think a lot of old members on many other fan club forums think that cos you are a newbie then you have maybe only just discovered the artist/band and so you know very little or not as much as the older members, this then puts people off from posting any topics or replies as they think older members of the forum will just dismiss there opinions.

Im not saying that this happens here but this may be the reason that many people register but then never really contribute.
Welcome Renegade Angel :)
dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:21   #12
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

Thank you - I will try and post as often as possible!
Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:22   #13
Tim
The Butcher

Are you trying to catch me??? hehehe.

Just kidding, welcome on board!!
Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:39   #14
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

Hi Tim

We have spoken before - Remember Dave that you traded with a few weeks ago? - well it is I!
Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:42   #15
Tim
The Butcher

Heheh, Hey Dave!!

How are you!! Nice to talk to you on this forum, Welcome!! And hope we can do buiseness in future again!!

Tim
Old 20 Apr 2003, 21:54   #16
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

Hey tim

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I never really used to visit this site much (don't know why), anyway im glad I have cos I have now found a load of people that share the same interest.

Im still listening to those shows u did for me (they're great, especially the Millan 83 gig) and I would love to do business in the future.
Old 20 Apr 2003, 22:20   #17
cornish
Rookie

Default new members

hi i am a new member. i have been afan for 20years. i first saw meat ion the bad attitude tour. he was wearing fingerless gloves can you believe.
I have been checking this site out since comic relief @ golders green.I only registered last week over the reaction to the single. i am now trying to find my way around this message board. hopefully i will get the hang of it. :)
cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 22:28   #18
Renegade Angel
Super Loafer

Welcome Cornish!
Nice to see another newbie aswell as myself here.
I can remember when Meat Loaf was wearing fingerless gloves - I got my mum to get me some to be the same - ha!
You were lucky to get to see him on the Bad Attitude tour - My dad went to the Sheffield gig on that tour and I begged to go with him but I was only about 8 or 9 at the time so I wasn't allowed so I had to wait until the Lost Boys and Golden Girls Tour in 88 to see him live - but boy what a gig!
Old 20 Apr 2003, 22:41   #19
Tim
The Butcher

Hello, welcome Cornish.... Hope you will like it here. ANd,,, after a while, you get used to it... Look at me, Top poster, a very long time on this forum, and still i can speak like hell. haha LOL
Old 20 Apr 2003, 23:01   #20
cornish
Rookie

hi Renegade Angel.
thanks for the welcome.
we will have to stick together us newbies. catch you soon. off to get the album in the morning(hopefully)
cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 23:08   #21
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire

Default Re: new members

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornish
hi i am a new member. i have been afan for 20years. i first saw meat ion the bad attitude tour. he was wearing fingerless gloves can you believe.
I have been checking this site out since comic relief @ golders green.I only registered last week over the reaction to the single. i am now trying to find my way around this message board. hopefully i will get the hang of it. :)
Welcome Cornish
dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2003, 23:48   #22
Tim
The Butcher

Hehe, maybe a welcome to all the new members!! The last few days were hectic..... but.... it is going great. Maybe an Applause for R.!!!!!!
Old 21 Apr 2003, 02:20   #23
Guppie
www.meat-loaf.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart
I think Tim is right. Actually he was joking, but he is right. people just wants to be part of a group. They are a fan of Meat and then they join this Forum. It is also a contribution to their favorite artist. I their minds they are now officially a fan. Or something like that. Did i write this clear or does it make no sense at all?
I don't think that's the case at all... Not all people want to belong to a group. Pre-internet I never joined a group. But that's because I want no obligations in my life. I was surprised to find out that I actually AM a group person, as long as I can be one in my own time :)

Forums: what I see everywhere: there's always 4 groups.
1. the real active ones. The die-hard posters. Visit the forum every day, respond in almost every topic.
2. the not so active, but interested ones (on this board, I belong in this category). They take the time to read topics they've responded in themselves, don't read everything, but they post regularly
3. The lurkers. They read, are interested, but feel no need to respond or are afraid their response isn't interested enough
4. The people that register, and then forget all about the forum.

Mind you, this is just what I see in every group since 1998. Can be different from other experiences of course.
Guppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2003, 02:24   #24
Guppie
www.meat-loaf.nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim
Hehe, maybe a welcome to all the new members!! The last few days were hectic..... but.... it is going great. Maybe an Applause for R.!!!!!!
Everyone SHOULD give R. a pat on the back. Because, hey, he's running a board with over 280 people here. And in every group there are "incidents" and stuff. And a group stands or falls with a good admin. R. is doing a great job imho. :)
Guppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2003, 09:45   #25
Michel
Mega Loafer

A great applause voor R. He is doing a very good job here on MLUKFC.