PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 12 May 2020, 02:27   #1
Adje
trying to be realistic

Default Objects from Ahoy 1994

During the Corona months I've been posting a lot on my youtube channel. Mostly old, some things new. But this might interest some of you. From the same night as 'Heaven Can Wait' that's on the Classic Albums documentary, I now have Objects (and an interview with Meat on Dutch tv.

For those who want to see it:

https://youtu.be/wgls8GCnWOQ
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 12 May 2020, 08:30   #2
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Its saddening this Video release was prolly cancelled due to meats voice especially if you listen to the rotterdam bootleg recording
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 01:09   #3
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Its saddening this Video release was prolly cancelled due to meats voice especially if you listen to the rotterdam bootleg recording
True...but god, that PASSION!
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 02:30   #4
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

you're becoming a Dutch legend right up there with Max Verstappen
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 May 2020, 15:10   #5
Adje
trying to be realistic

I drive faster
Old 13 May 2020, 20:35   #6
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

I didn't find the performance that bad at all. Compared to the "Guilty Pleasure' DVD, I prefer the full Ahoy show. I don't know who mastered the sound on the GP DVD but most of Meat's vocals sound processed to the point it doesn't sound like him at times. I'm surprised that release wasn't shelved, the production company did not remain in business long after that.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2020, 23:20   #7
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I didn't find the performance that bad at all. Compared to the "Guilty Pleasure' DVD, I prefer the full Ahoy show. I don't know who mastered the sound on the GP DVD but most of Meat's vocals sound processed to the point it doesn't sound like him at times. I'm surprised that release wasn't shelved, the production company did not remain in business long after that.
I agree. ConcertOne put themselves out of business. And although Meat's voice does sound a bit sore, how amazing would it be if someone got the rights to release the full Ahoy 1994 and full Berlin 1996 shows. After MSO, Bat3 and GP it would be amazing to have two full concerts with the crowd really into it. I missed that on the other three shows. And in Ahoy Rotterdam and in Berlin the crowd was loud, hot and into it! Creating an amazing atmosphere.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 00:10   #8
M.Bison
The Lurker in The Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
I agree. ConcertOne put themselves out of business. And although Meat's voice does sound a bit sore, how amazing would it be if someone got the rights to release the full Ahoy 1994 and full Berlin 1996 shows. After MSO, Bat3 and GP it would be amazing to have two full concerts with the crowd really into it. I missed that on the other three shows. And in Ahoy Rotterdam and in Berlin the crowd was loud, hot and into it! Creating an amazing atmosphere.
Seconded times a million!

A Google search about the PBS On Tour 1996 series where the Berlin show came from reveals that Sunshine Television were behind the filming, produced by John Diaz and directed by Matthew Amos.

I'll see if I can find anything about Ahoy 94.

Maybe we should propose a crowdfund and run it by Meat?

K
M.Bison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2020, 02:07   #9
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
Seconded times a million!

A Google search about the PBS On Tour 1996 series where the Berlin show came from reveals that Sunshine Television were behind the filming, produced by John Diaz and directed by Matthew Amos.

I'll see if I can find anything about Ahoy 94.

Maybe we should propose a crowdfund and run it by Meat?

K
A fine idea, but no telling how many hands will be out for money. I recall Meat saying even the VH-1 live stuff was very entangled.
Old 14 May 2020, 14:20   #10
M.Bison

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
A fine idea, but no telling how many hands will be out for money. I recall Meat saying even the VH-1 live stuff was very entangled.
Yeah, I remember his quote "Once you record something for TV like that, they basically own it".

Hence I was suggesting the crowdfund. Do it as a project team "by the fans for the fans" and in an ideal world we'd raise enough through that to pay the companies / producers for the release rights. And also for whatever other mechanical rights and royalties would need to be paid out and making sure Meat himself gets a fair cut.

I know there's a lot of permutations (how much, who and such) to it and that's assuming there's fully edited, mixed and mastered shows ready and waiting in the vaults.

Bat 2 and Neighbourhood are pushing 30 so the milestone would be the most viable selling point if we wanted to push that.

I'm just throwing the idea into the wind. Stranger things have happened with properties and fanbases.
Old 14 May 2020, 18:18   #11
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

...I admire your enthusiasm. Let's just put it that way.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:02   #12
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I would love a 30th anniversary edition of Bat 2 with bonus DVD, however the idea of a Kickstarter doesn't sit well with me. Meat Loaf is a multimillionaire and the companies involved are all worth billions. Any of them could easily pony up for the rights to release either show if they really want to. Why should I pay for the opportunity to buy one of their products?

I suspect the real reason they've never been released is simply that Meat doesn't want them to be released. Given recent events and that Patti features in both concerts, I suspect he may have even less desire for their release.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 21:45   #13
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I would love a 30th anniversary edition of Bat 2 with bonus DVD, however the idea of a Kickstarter doesn't sit well with me. Meat Loaf is a multimillionaire and the companies involved are all worth billions. Any of them could easily pony up for the rights to release either show if they really want to. Why should I pay for the opportunity to buy one of their products?

I suspect the real reason they've never been released is simply that Meat doesn't want them to be released. Given recent events and that Patti features in both concerts, I suspect he may have even less desire for their release.
This is all speculation and most likely wrong but just my opinion.

I suspect you are right that Meat doesn't want them released. I think someone was going to release that show from the early 80's that used to be on VHS and that got dropped. He might have said no to that.

Some of his best shows were in the 85-89 range and I'm pretty sure he has quite the collection, but probably shot be the crew and not a full pro shoot.

If we are going to rule out the Patti era, then that would rule out a lot of years. I see no use in pretending she never existed. I did enjoy the old tapes where the Goff's sang snippets of Jim songs especially a short interlude of "Original Sin". They can clean up any decently shot video from the 80's on but there is only so much that can be done and I assume the company would want it on the cheap if you could find one interested in Meat Loaf in 2020.

If there is another album it would help to include a DVD to help sales. So few people want physical media any longer but I am stocking up on it pretty cheaply. I prefer to own something and not have it possible to be lost due to a license issue. I have "Braver" on LP and don't own a record player, but hey it is autographed.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 14 May 2020, 22:28   #14
M.Bison

I'll just say it's unfortunate, and I'll leave it at that.

That's why it's amazing that there is the Meat community on YT there now and that it's at where it's at so we can get some glimpse of these past eras, and even that took a few years and some resistance later.

Last edited by M.Bison; 14 May 2020 at 22:43.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 May 2020, 00:44   #15
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Meat Loaf is just not one to look back much. He always seems to be thinking about the next show / tour. Even now to some extent I reckon.

Yes it would have been great if RAH had been professionally filmed for the entire show but many of us near the front had a truly unique once in a lifetime experience (Meat even stepped on someone's hand I saw), that wouldn't have happened with a film crew there.
I think I'd take the experience over a DVD / Blu Ray to be honest.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 15 May 2020, 02:02   #16
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Bison View Post
I'll just say it's unfortunate, and I'll leave it at that.

That's why it's amazing that there is the Meat community on YT there now and that it's at where it's at so we can get some glimpse of these past eras, and even that took a few years and some resistance later.
Yes. Somebody out there even had the video of "i'll kill you if you don't come back" which was only shown like once of some obscure cable station
Old 11 Jun 2020, 00:48   #17
Fire Ball
Himself

What ever you are talking about. It was a bootleg.
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.