Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 08 Aug 2011, 10:30   #1
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Default Support The Painted Turtle

SUPPORT THE PAINTED TURTLE at Loafdom for the Turtle

Loafdom for the Turtle in affiliation with, and the full endorsement of The Painted Turtle, has launched a fund-raising website to support this innovative year-round camp that provides children with chronic and life-threatening illnesses a chance to have a life-changing experience. Meat has taken this charity to his heart. We know many of you here have, and we hope his legions of fans around the world will want to do the same.

On our website you can purchase the first in a collection of wristbands, and browse our CafePress store for a range of customised items from Tshirts to teddy bears, and accessories, mugs and clocks. Some featuring the Turtle, and some designs we hope will appeal to Meat Loaf fans. At least $3 from every band sold will go to The Painted Turtle, and 100% of commissions from CafePress items will go to them directly.

The wristbands will be posted by one of our distributors in Australia, UK, or USA; CafePress ship worldwide to you direct.

Full information is available on www.loafdomturtle.net together with a forum where you can suggest ideas to support and grow this venture, or ask any questions you have. It has excited The Painted Turtle, who couldn't be more proud to be associated with Meat, who has done and continues to do so much for them, and his wonderful fan base which they say have been nothing but magnificent!

Please visit our website and help support this remarkable and inspiring organisation provide the gift of a lifetime to many children; laughter, fun, and life-changing personal growth. Their lives will always be full of challenge, but everything they gain at The Painted Turtle will help them face and meet those challenges throughout their lives with new confidence.

M.Snider, BS/BA
Loafdom for the Turtle Fund & Purchasing Manager

Last edited by Monstro; 08 Aug 2011 at 10:39.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2011, 15:19   #2
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

YouTube Video
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Aug 2011, 18:14   #3
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thanks Michael

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2011, 16:44   #4
SueL
Super Loafer

My thanks as well on behalf of The Painted Turtle.
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2011, 00:57   #5
Mega Loafer

I have just purchased 4 wristbands, and 2 dog bowls. The dog bowls are mint, one has on it Pup with a Bat attitude, and the other Like a Pup outta Hell ! Very cool ! Great original items, with money going to a very worthy charity. Loads of fab items ! Go over there and do something great for charity and get some awesome stuff !
24K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2011, 14:02   #6
carole
Mega Loafer

It's great what you are all doing for this very worth cause.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2011, 19:17   #7
Mega Loafer

My wristbands arrived, they are cool, and boy do they light up in the dark, my neices love them and i rather like mine ! LOL..
Old 17 Aug 2011, 20:54   #8
Smithie
Super Loafer

Thanks for posting the link. This is a great cause I'll gladly support.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2011, 21:16   #9
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Thank you Michelle, Carole and Smithie Hopefully there'll be a forest of glowing bands at Meat concerts soon

Caryl
Old 17 Aug 2011, 23:56   #10
clpmss
Anything for Sir Meat Loaf

Thank you for posting this link. I just ordered, wristband, clock, hoodie and hat. Will be going back for more. Wonderful idea. Thank you.
clpmss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Aug 2011, 23:07   #11
SueL
Super Loafer

Thanks to everyone for your support. As U.S. Distributor, I look forward to your order, Smithie, and yours, clpmss, went out yesterday.

Let's spread the word!!
Old 19 Aug 2011, 13:44   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer

TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE SUPPORTED US OVER THE PAST 2 WEEKS

It costs so much to provide the unique experience of The Painted Turtle camp to children with such special needs and challenges .. $1500 for a full week for one camper. A huge thank you to those who have supported us so far through buying wristbands and items from our shop ..

To date you have helped us raise the money to sponsor a child for a full day at camp, to supply face paints for 2 Carnival nights, and provide bait for "Kiss and release" fishing .. and isn't that last a wonderful way to describe it?

Thank you so very, very much. You have directly helped to give fun, laughter and most of all, the gift of a full day at this magical camp to a child and will help them change their lives. You should be proud.

YOU ROCK!!!

Please keep helping us :) We'll be adding a new design to our wristband collection next month, we have so much on offer in our CafePress store, and you can help us spread the word, and recruit friends and colleagues to support us by buying bands or items from our store.

Caryl
Old 19 Aug 2011, 18:00   #13
ShelbyLee
Super Loafer

What a great idea! Now I know what to get my friends for Christmas.
ShelbyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2011, 19:58   #14
Smithie
Super Loafer

Sue, when will the wristbands be available in more colors? I'm hoping to get a set in a variety of colors.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:01   #15
snider22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Sue, when will the wristbands be available in more colors? I'm hoping to get a set in a variety of colors.
Our second color (a two color swirl) will be available sometime in the first half of next month, a specific date hasn't been set yet though.

A third color coming in a couple of months.
snider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:06   #16
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Yes, we want to introduce a new one to the collection each month :) .. different effects, colours and inscriptions. But like Meat, we're keeping the details of what's coming next under wraps .. he's not the only one who can tease

But September will see, as Mark says, a two colour swirl .. what colours? You'll have to wait and see

Caryl
Old 19 Aug 2011, 20:24   #17
Smithie
Super Loafer

Cool, thanks Caryl and Mark.
Old 19 Aug 2011, 21:57   #18
Mega Loafer

Look forward to seeing them ! Can't wait to see the dog bowls, TJ and Sookie are Meat fans too, they love it when i have him playing. Dogs with taste ! LOL..Thanks to all involved
Old 26 Aug 2011, 12:59   #19
CarylB
Mega Loafer

In response to requests we now have a range of simple pendants in the Loafdomturtle store, Accessories Section :)

And coming up in November something REALLY special for those who want to treat themselves to a really beautiful piece of jewellery!!

Caryl
Old 26 Aug 2011, 14:08   #20
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser

What a coincidence my birthdays in November
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2011, 14:10   #21
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Tell the one who loves you to get saving!!!

But it's special!

Caryl
Old 01 Sep 2011, 13:21   #22
CarylB
Mega Loafer

MONTH END REPORT: AUGUST 2011

In the 3 weeks we have been up and running we've raised $388.50 from sales to be sent to The Painted Turtle from sales of wristbands, and when the CafePress commissions clear we will have raised a total of over $500.

A HUGE thank you to all the Meat fans who supported us and showed they want to help The Painted Turtle; together we have funded a full day at camp for a chronically ill child whose life will be immeasurably enriched as a result.

To paraphrase the man we follow .. Thank you, you made us what we are!! To quote a camper, "It was the best week of my life - I am not kidding! .. It was just magical, everything was amazing. The counsellors, the camp, the people. It was so awesome."

Please help us to reach out to ALL Meat's fans around the world, to your friends and your colleagues who simply care about children; pass this on and continue to support us so that we can help The Painted Turtle more. In three weeks together we've funded a full day at camp .. let's work towards making that a full week a month, so Meat's fans can say they send 12 children to The Painted Turtle camp every year, and help change 12 deserving and courageous children's lives. Meat has changed so many of our lives. We can surely do this for the charity he holds so close, and make him proud.

From our hearts to yours THANK YOU .. and NEVER, EVER STOP ROCKING!!!

Old 01 Sep 2011, 15:09   #23
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
Smithie,

My deepest apologies for not having responded to your post. I see though that my more efficient team-mates have answered your question.

You will be IMPRESSED.
Old 01 Sep 2011, 15:10   #24
SueL
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
MONTH END REPORT: AUGUST 2011

In the 3 weeks we have been up and running we've raised $388.50 from sales to be sent to The Painted Turtle from sales of wristbands, and when the CafePress commissions clear we will have raised a total of over $500.

A HUGE thank you to all the Meat fans who supported us and showed they want to help The Painted Turtle; together we have funded a full day at camp for a chronically ill child whose life will be immeasurably enriched as a result.

To paraphrase the man we follow .. Thank you, you made us what we are!! To quote a camper, "It was the best week of my life - I am not kidding! .. It was just magical, everything was amazing. The counsellors, the camp, the people. It was so awesome."

Please help us to reach out to ALL Meat's fans around the world, to your friends and your colleagues who simply care about children; pass this on and continue to support us so that we can help The Painted Turtle more. In three weeks together we've funded a full day at camp .. let's work towards making that a full week a month, so Meat's fans can say they send 12 children to The Painted Turtle camp every year, and help change 12 deserving and courageous children's lives. Meat has changed so many of our lives. We can surely do this for the charity he holds so close, and make him proud.

From our hearts to yours THANK YOU .. and NEVER, EVER STOP ROCKING!!!

Old 01 Sep 2011, 15:31   #25
SueL
Super Loafer

I can't possibly add anything more to what Caryl has reported, but do want to highlight this point:

I can tell you that being part of the Loafdom for the Turtle team is one of the most soul-enriching endeavors I've ever been involved in, and as someone who lived the explosion of BOOH onto the scene in 1977, I've been around for quite some time!

The quote from the camper says it all, and simply buying a wristband and/or one of the treats from our store, and passing the word about this cause will instill a warm and cozy feeling in your heart as well.