Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 20 Mar 2019, 21:12   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Default We need to reinvigorate this place: Live Recordings official and unofficial

I honestly feel like Live recording and bootleg discussion should be a sub forum. will give new life to this forum.

right now its dead. and a waste of money sadly.

if we had a live recording sub forum to discuss and trade thatd really bring people in.

Meat doesnt come here anymore anyway. its been like 2 years.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 21 Mar 2019, 12:00   #2
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I honestly feel like Live recording and bootleg discussion should be a sub forum. will give new life to this forum.

if we had a live recording sub forum to discuss and trade thatd really bring people in.

I doubt there is enough interest to be honest, just for bootlegs. There is enough opportunity for people to create posts about this anyway without changes to the forum structure.

I just randomly looked up Bruce Springsteen's 1975 Main Point show on YouTube. Widely regarded as one of his most famous Bootlegs, the birth of Born to Run. One of the first few videos on YouTube that came up that has the full show has only 50 views over the last half year. If the king of bootlegs gets so little narrowed down attention then in reality how much interest in boots is there for Meat? Much less I would reckon since also many of his set lists hardly changed during tours. With the live shows available (mostly Bat with the Australian orchestra) people's needs are probably mostly fulfilled. Even the awesome Live Around The World set had quite a limited run. Most Meat Loaf's boots never sounded as good as that.

Let's face it if there is no news + the fact forums have been dying around the web for years it's a perfect storm for a fan forum to go down hill right now.
Rockman has had two threads this year. And that is on the back of the musical that countless people were waiting for for over a decade.

Last edited by AndrewG; 21 Mar 2019 at 12:05.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2019, 13:50   #3
Evil One
Mega Loafer

What is there to say that we haven't already said?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2019, 16:41   #4
byo1975
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post

i want bootlegs....this is dead...
byo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2019, 17:36   #5
Evil One
Mega Loafer

What bootlegs are there that are not already available? There's probably tonnes of tatty audience recordings I haven't heard/seen, and at least one person has a recording of It Just Wont Quit from a Storytellers show but refuses to share it. Unless someone uncovers something 'new' then I think all the good stuff is already out there.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Mar 2019, 18:47   #6
Chris77
Junior Loafer

Ah Bootlegs,

by the way. Where is the Site of Adje gone?
Still missing Cleveland 1996 bootleg
Chris
Chris77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2019, 13:18   #7
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
Ah Bootlegs,

Chris
I stopped putting money in it. There is hardly anything new to find. Besides I don't have the time for it 😉
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2019, 15:32   #8
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
I doubt there is enough interest to be honest, just for bootlegs. There is enough opportunity for people to create posts about this anyway without changes to the forum structure.

I just randomly looked up Bruce Springsteen's 1975 Main Point show on YouTube. Widely regarded as one of his most famous Bootlegs, the birth of Born to Run. One of the first few videos on YouTube that came up that has the full show has only 50 views over the last half year. If the king of bootlegs gets so little narrowed down attention then in reality how much interest in boots is there for Meat? Much less I would reckon since also many of his set lists hardly changed during tours. With the live shows available (mostly Bat with the Australian orchestra) people's needs are probably mostly fulfilled. Even the awesome Live Around The World set had quite a limited run. Most Meat Loaf's boots never sounded as good as that.

Let's face it if there is no news + the fact forums have been dying around the web for years it's a perfect storm for a fan forum to go down hill right now.
Rockman has had two threads this year. And that is on the back of the musical that countless people were waiting for for over a decade.
Springsteen fans have been spoiled by so many bootlegs and most of them out there a million times over. Meat and the Pony took a dimmer view of them which frankly I never understood. Meat thought people would sell them, but honestly the market for new studio recordings that get paid for the old way is gone, never minding old live stuff. A new release can chart at #1 now that would have never charted with those numbers back in the day.

I do think most of it is out there. I know I had the Dead Ringer documentary with the "Kill You If You Don't Come Back" video which I shared along with Adje so everyone could have a chance to see it and I also had a few other shows we shared which had not been online before that I am aware of.

I have a really good one that claims to be in France from the 80's but I moved and now I can't find it.

If people want to discuss them now, why not?
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 16:29   #9
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

The ML bootlegs brought me a great deal of pleasure over the years; especially as (until recently) official releases of live stuff were virtually non-existent, and far from showing the man at his best.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Mar 2019, 22:20   #10
byo1975
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris77 View Post
Ah Bootlegs,

Chris
yep...we all missed adjes bootlegs...he is the best!!
byo1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 01:19   #11
anotherday
Super Loafer

Between Wario and Adje, we had a treasure trove for years!
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 10:33   #12
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

The boys did good. God bless 'em both.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 13:25   #13
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I know I had the Dead Ringer documentary with the "Kill You If You Don't Come Back" video which I shared along with Adje so everyone could have a chance to see it and I also had a few other shows we shared which had not been online before that I am aware of.

I have a really good one that claims to be in France from the 80's but I moved and now I can't find it.

If people want to discuss them now, why not?
Ahhh yes. Those were the days. Washington 94, Deadringer documentary among other material. The only reason I kept you close

It always was a community thing. All the bootlegs I was able to share came from other fans. Also plenty of Internet searching but mostly fans contacting me because they had something to share. And mostly without wanting something in return or even being credited. Just being able to have the community enjoy those shows were enough reward for them.
They are the real heroes of our bootleg community. I was merely the lucky guy that got the credit, because they didn't want the credit

And I can tell you. English fans are fantastic, but the German fans are the best. Bless them for all they did for our bootleg community!
Old 24 Mar 2019, 04:45   #14
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
Ahhh yes. Those were the days. Washington 94, Deadringer documentary among other material. The only reason I kept you close

It always was a community thing. All the bootlegs I was able to share came from other fans. Also plenty of Internet searching but mostly fans contacting me because they had something to share. And mostly without wanting something in return or even being credited. Just being able to have the community enjoy those shows were enough reward for them.
They are the real heroes of our bootleg community. I was merely the lucky guy that got the credit, because they didn't want the credit

And I can tell you. English fans are fantastic, but the German fans are the best. Bless them for all they did for our bootleg community!
You had the means to get them to a large number of people and also never sought any credit or anything in return. You deserve a ton of credit, the fact that you don't seek it is admirable but a lot of people got those through your work.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Mar 2019, 21:38   #15
Adje
trying to be realistic

In the meantime I did upload something Meat Loaf not everybody has seen before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkdgEXutPQk
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 04:26   #16
Dick
Super Loafer

Quote:

I saw that earlier today and very much enjoyed it. Do you have any clips of Meat actually 'playing' guitar rather than 'acting' like he's playing? lol

I vaguely remember once seeing a YT clip of him playing one of Paul's white guitars during the band intros on the 3 Bats tour, and as far as i remember reading he did his fun Animal song for a while on Hang Cool tour. But i never saw that.
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Apr 2019, 05:15   #17
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
I saw that earlier today and very much enjoyed it. Do you have any clips of Meat actually 'playing' guitar rather than 'acting' like he's playing? lol

I vaguely remember once seeing a YT clip of him playing one of Paul's white guitars during the band intros on the 3 Bats tour, and as far as i remember reading he did his fun Animal song for a while on Hang Cool tour. But i never saw that.
I remember Meat strumming quite a bit without pretty much anyone else on stage in 1999 in Glasgow during the acoustic set.
Old 01 Apr 2019, 05:18   #18
AndrewG

Quote:

Loved the intro to the show and glad Meat kept that going into 2004. It was a very fun way dealing with the amount of press he got after collapsing on stage. That and the whole tongue in cheek story about buying tickets from eBay during the Paradise play made this so fun.
I took some girl from South America from where I worked at the time to see the first Glasgow gig. She didn't know what the hell was going on during the nurse / Meat on the bed & do it parts.
The second Glasgow gig in Jan 2004 is still one of my favourites. Shame video recording was so rare at that time.
Old 01 Apr 2019, 13:16   #19
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Maybe a little bit off topic for this thread but this is a question I have always wondered, can Meat actually play any instruments? I've often seen him with a guitar during concerts from time to time but it is just acting rather than playing. Can Meat play any guitar at all or any other instruments?
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2019, 16:10   #20
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Hi Folks - what is the DeadRinger documentary please? Not the film?
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Apr 2019, 19:06   #21
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
Hi Folks - what is the DeadRinger documentary please? Not the film?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 13 Apr 2019, 20:22   #22
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Ooo never seen that!
Old 13 Apr 2019, 21:38   #23
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by proctorloaf View Post
Ooo never seen that!
Tried to upload it to YT for you, but it got blocked. So I made you a clicky
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 14 Apr 2019, 11:50   #24
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

THANK YOU SO MUCH Adje!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 12:31   #25
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Many Thaks Adje, been looking for that for a while!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote