Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 26 Apr 2003, 15:32   #1
Alex
Ooh weee ooOOoh!

Default Open Top Bus, CD signings & Meat!

After the stress of London I vow never to go there again, but always break this vow at the ealiest possible opportunity. Yesterday was one such occasion!! :)

I went to London for the CD signing yesterday and in a strange turn of events we ended up heading the wrong way to the wrong store and what should we hear but Meat Loaf singing... then the suprise hit us and... OMG! He's on an open top bus!! It was absolutely soaked! Raining and from what I could tell Kasim was the main person visable from my side of the pavement, but he looked soaked wet through. Mark had a hat on, Meat was wet as anything!! Patti was there along with the rest of what I could tell, the Neverland Express.

Myself and Lucy, then proceded to chase it what seemed like about a mile or so (got through Dead Ringer and CHSIB in the time we were chasing it) through Friday afternoon rush hour pedestrians. We probably looked a bunch of loonatics....

However, and for this I can't be more grateful. A nice man and lady either took pity on us, or found us quite amusing. (For the amusing factor bare in mind this is rush hour london, its raining madly, I'm darting through the crowds and being absolutely drenched with Lucy behind with her umbrella and high heal shoes). They called me towards them and passed me a picture of Meat (promo glossy item, very cool!) and told me to run to Virgin and Meat would sign them! Knowing that is what we had intended to do we ran following the bus more and went inside Virgin following Meat.

The music they played on the bus was great!! Though it seemed at the end to lose some power and the amps began to faulter and the quality drooped, but I still grinned like a madman!!

When inside we went downstairs and noticed this huge queue of fans waiting anxiously, there at the front (as always) was the lovely Anne, Feleena and Steve (F's Hubby!!). We said our hello's before being torn away by guards and placed at the back of the queue, there we waited for a long time (about 2 hours) until our moment arrived.

In this time we made friends with the lovely lass behind us and her boyfriend whom had come in news of this signing too! :) (Lucy passed her the "Join the MLUKFC" speech, so good news there maybe! :) ).

As we approched the front, a LOT of things happened all at once, and I can't recall them all because although time was slowed to a standstill then, it still went faster than laws allow and I lost a grip on reality (even more so than normal) and everything just "happened".

Anne appeared again (some say she was shining with a white glow of an Angel and was brought down from the heavens just for us) and convinced the Beefy Dudes to let her take the photographs for us! So there was one thing that was great! Then, that guy that had seen us running relentlessly through London asked us were we the people that were running by the side of the bus and I said yes and that these pictures were absolutely fabulous! Then he said to not worry about the 'one thing signed' rule and we'd get what we wanted signing. Then, what followed was unbelieveable.

Meat greeted us both and signed my CHSIB album cover and then Anne said "Meat, do you remember Lucy from Newcastle?" ... and I think at this point, I lost any idea what was happening blurs are all I see! But this is what I remember. The body guards tried evicting me from the stage but the guy that gave us the photos saved me it seemed and I was allowed to stay. In that time Lucy had be thrust behind the table with meet holding my Camera at arms length and taking pictures of him and Meat (with Anne also helping I think too!). Then I asked if I could have my photo with meat, he agreed and at that point, and that point alone, my life long dream was complete. Nothing else had ever been higher in want and desire than that picture, that picture though, I pray now that Anne has a good copy of as she was the only one with the Negative in the end. I had Meat sign 2 more things!!! before I left! And I would like to thank Meat for being so nice after so long of a time signing peoples albums and items, he was still pleasant and nice with us.

Fireball, Thank you!

After the show we talked for a while and made our fairwells. I still was in a little land of my own till I slept and awoke this morning. Nothing comes close! I was so calm, I think I was so excited that I was calm....
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 15:37   #2
jcmoorehead
Super Loafer

Well then one thing can be said

Fireball! You are a lunatic!
jcmoorehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 16:11   #3
Sapphire Lady
Mega Loafer

Sounds like it was a great day.
Sapphire Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 18:10   #4
Feleena
Super Loafer

It was lovely to see you too Alex and of course dear Lucy!

Im the same today high in the sky had a great evening with Meat and you guys it made the day special!

Thanks Anne for the photo of Meat and me its really wow!!!!!!

Feleena x
Feleena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 20:26   #5
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Meat!

I can't thank you enough for such a fantastic meeting, just hoping that those photo's come out!!!

Lucy! Xxxxxxxxx
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 20:29   #6
tbuck
Super Loafer

WOW, what an experience!

The fact that you were headed to the wrong store made it even better. At least for us to read, maybe not for you and Lucy running madly through the London rain. :o

You stood in line for 2 hours, and Meat was signing before and after that? Wonder how long he was signing, must have gotten writer's cramp.

Did you ever figure out who the mystery man was with the photo who also showed up at the signing and helped you out there? Since this sounds like an out-of-body experience, maybe you imagined him.

Thanks for sharing.

T
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:47   #7
JenniferSal
Senior Loafer

Found more photos on an agency site! THESE shots are really good colorwise and they got some nice angles of the record signing. This is from the same agency site i posted the Amsterdam concert shots from, so im gonna assume the link might not work right again, so if its the case, just copy into your browser the below paragraph:

Link.

Only thing i dont like about these is no shots of the outside action, hmmph! :) But i guess, for the photo people to cover the inside action, they probably already had to be in place? Not sure! Im still looking though Take care!! Jen

Edit: Fixed the link. R.
JenniferSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:49   #8
JenniferSal
Senior Loafer

Yeah i was right, do please copy in that link, as it didnt work right again, but it should work if you copy it all.

Also, another thing i thought was nice to see -- not only did they get his name as two words (believe me the majority of papers and agencies alas dont), they also called him a 'rock icon' Cool!

Jen
JenniferSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:52   #9
Jen
Arrrgh!

Thanks for the link Jen
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:53   #10
Tim
The Butcher

Are there any pics of that tour bus?? Or cd signing??
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:55   #11
Alex
Ooh weee ooOOoh!

Yup Tim!
www.KasimInfo.com
Old 26 Apr 2003, 21:58   #12
Tim
The Butcher

THank you very much!!!
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:02   #13
R.
You dig.

Short preview of galleries which will be online soon ...

R.
R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:09   #14
Alex
Ooh weee ooOOoh!

Wow! Groovy watermarks!
How come Meat looks at the right Camera and ANne doesn't? hehe!
Old 26 Apr 2003, 22:12   #15
Tim
The Butcher

Nice pics!! Meat Loaf is really promoting himself he.... Nice to see!!!

And indeed one hell of a watermark.
Old 26 Apr 2003, 23:50   #16
Vickip
Mega Loafer

The pics are great .. I can't wait to see more :)
Thanks R!

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2003, 23:59   #17
Jen
Arrrgh!

Nice pics :)
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2003, 20:06   #18
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Thanks for the stories and pics guys.
I only wish I could have been there.
It must have been a fantastic day .
The Flying Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Apr 2003, 22:02   #19
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE
Thanks for the stories and pics guys.
I only wish I could have been there.
It must have been a fantastic day .
My thoughts exactly

Now I wonder if he'll do it again when the album comes out in the States ?
But then again I can't picture him singing on top of a bus in the middle of New York City or Philadelphia .... :)

Vicki
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote