Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 06 Dec 2011, 07:03   #1
lyn
Super Loafer

Default What is everybody's favourite Meat song and Album to listen to while driving?

So, what is everybody's favourite Meat song and Meat album to listen to while driving in the car, and why???

Well my favourite album at the moment would be HCTB, as it is so up beat and when I get to Losangeloser, I just can't get that song loud enough to sing to while driving into town

My all time favourite song at the moment would be Bat out of Hell (live) It not only wakes you up, but it just gives me such great energy and makes me feel really good, especially when you have a long distance to travel :)
lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 10:14   #2
DJLeen
Super Loafer

I have no car licence... But if i would drive in my car i would put up Hell in a handbasket a lot ! It's my favorite album this moment ! Favorite song : All of me !!
DJLeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 10:36   #3
Cherry.Loaf
Los Angeloser

I don't drive but I was brought up listening to Bat, Hot summer nights, 2/3 and Dead Ringer in the Car. I mainly put on Hits out of Hell or Hell in a Handbasket when my other half and I go out in the car.
Cherry.Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 10:39   #4
chairboys
Mega Loafer

keep driving
chairboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 13:16   #5
SueL
Super Loafer

No matter what I listen to at home, it's always BOOH in the car!
SueL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 13:58   #6
Deena J
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL
anytime I play that cd in the car, I look down and realize I'm speeding, an its always during BOOH. What's the deal with that? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Deena J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2011, 20:28   #7
A Slice Of English

I rarely, if ever listen to BOOH if I'm honest. My ear is better attuned to his more recent stuff. Having said that, I'm going out in 10 minutes and I will be putting BOOH on to get me there quicker :)
A Slice Of English is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 04:51   #8
the meatpatti
Loafer

Most of the time I wind up with the MSO-CD - his best Live recording IMO ( and lots of Patti to be heard )
the meatpatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 14:00   #9
robgomm
Mega Loafer

I usually listen to Hell In A Handbasket in the car the moment, it just flows so well. I think BOOH is a great driving song, but also I really think Peace On Earth and Living On The Outside are awesome driving songs.

My problem is if i'm listening to Meat, I can't get out of the car till the song has finished!
robgomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 19:13   #10
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...

Fav son gwhiwle driving: Live or DIe
Fav Album while Driving: HCTB caus eits all rock sans DYELSB
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 19:13   #11
lasand
Rookie

Lately I've been listening to the bonus CD that came with HCTB. HCTB is a close second though. But I'm sure that is only because I haven't got Hell in a Handbasket yet. Still holding out until it comes out in the US.
lasand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 22:26   #12
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasand View Post
Lately I've been listening to the bonus CD that came with HCTB. HCTB is a close second though. But I'm sure that is only because I haven't got Hell in a Handbasket yet. Still holding out until it comes out in the US.
Always have a live version of "Bat" (the song) available at all times I say.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Dec 2011, 22:54   #13
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

If my husband is driving on a long road trip, we have to bring Bat II or VBO.

My favorite albums/ songs change all the time; I had HIAB on in heavy rotation when I first got it.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2011, 20:39   #14
Elijah's way
Soul Auctioneer

Hang Cool Teddy Bear is my fav right now and I think it's WAY better then Hell In A Handbasket.

Peace On Earth and Anything For Love
Elijah's way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2011, 21:09   #15
jbk
Rookie

Wink Fav song

For Crying out Loud [ also really love, Piece of the Action}
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2011, 21:11   #16
jbk
Rookie

Default Album

Really love Bat and Bad Attitude equally.
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 03:00   #17
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLeen View Post
I have no car licence... But if i would drive in my car i would put up Hell in a handbasket a lot ! It's my favorite album this moment ! Favorite song : All of me !!
Ahhhh, I should of added for those who don't drive, what they like to listen to when they walk or whatever. But yes, I love All of Me too, especially if I'm not having the greatest of days and I turn it up fairly loud in the car :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
Ahhhh, I should of added for those who don't drive, what they like to listen to when they walk or whatever. But yes, I love All of Me too, especially if I'm not having the greatest of days and I turn it up fairly loud in the car :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf View Post
I don't drive but I was brought up listening to Bat, Hot summer nights, 2/3 and Dead Ringer in the Car. I mainly put on Hits out of Hell or Hell in a Handbasket when my other half and I go out in the car.
If hubby, Jessica and I are in my little car then anything Meat goes on, and Jessica looks at the cd covers and picks the album she wants, which is usually HCTB or The Best of Meat Loaf, but when we travel in the "family" car, poor old Meat doesn't get much play time as Jess wants Michael Jackson of all things. So the MP3 gets a bash then, as it is strictly Meat only :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Couldn't agree with you more lol :) BOOH (live), full blast, well only when it's me in the car as I don't want to deafen poor Jess. But have it at a reasonable level if Jess is present

Losangeloser full blast too, and sing 'til the heart is content too

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deena J View Post
anytime I play that cd in the car, I look down and realize I'm speeding, an its always during BOOH. What's the deal with that? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Ha ha ha ha ha, shit, I'm glad I'm not the only one then Mate I'm constantly doing that with Meat playing, and especially to BOOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice Of English View Post
I rarely, if ever listen to BOOH if I'm honest. My ear is better attuned to his more recent stuff. Having said that, I'm going out in 10 minutes and I will be putting BOOH on to get me there quicker :)
He he he, now I've got something started I've got you listening to BOOH on your trip out But I must say, I do like listening to his more recent stuff in the car, probably more so than his older stuff really :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slice Of English View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by robgomm View Post
I usually listen to Hell In A Handbasket in the car the moment, it just flows so well. I think BOOH is a great driving song, but also I really think Peace On Earth and Living On The Outside are awesome driving songs.

My problem is if i'm listening to Meat, I can't get out of the car till the song has finished!
Awww yeah, Peace on Earth and Living on the Outside are ones I crank up too. Oh and Song of Madness too. Just loooooooove the guitars in that song, as well as the man himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I must agree with you on album choice there mate HCTB just rocks when driving imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasand View Post
I must admit, I got the 2 cd set of HCTB from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, as I really wanted to get the second cd. Anyway, the 2nd cd is really addictive I love it. It was well worth buying, even though I have 2 copies of disc 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
That is one song you must have at all times to play at anytime I reckon too

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
If my husband is driving on a long road trip, we have to bring Bat II or VBO.

My favorite albums/ songs change all the time; I had HIAB on in heavy rotation when I first got it.
Yeah, I found I played HIAHB a bit in the car when I first got it, but then I didn't play it as much as I found HCTB and The Best of Meat Loaf were more "driving albums" to listen too. Seems strange but as you say, your favourite albums and songs can change from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
my favourite meat album is bat 2, and the one with the greatest percentage of songs i like the most is bat 2, and if on a long drive, i'd want bat 2... but the most played in my car this past 2 months is hang cool... mainly cause im lazy and havent got annoyed enough to change it, and secondly that ive accepted it for what it is, a modern rock record, with no real soul or depth, but it has a few good songs
Yeah, I not long ago got Bat2 from Amazon, and I must say I am pretty addicted to it, especially in the car :) But HCTB, I seem to play and play it and never really get sick of it in the car yet :) I do change it from time to time, especially to listen to BOOH live (the song) but otherwise I'm a bit like you, and like it for what it is :)

Last edited by AndyK; 11 Dec 2011 at 14:23. Reason: multi quote merge
Old 11 Dec 2011, 03:40   #18
duke knooby
Mega Loafer

my favourite meat album is bat 2, and the one with the greatest percentage of songs i like the most is bat 2, and if on a long drive, i'd want bat 2... but the most played in my car this past 2 months is hang cool... mainly cause im lazy and havent got annoyed enough to change it, and secondly that ive accepted it for what it is, a modern rock record, with no real soul or depth, but it has a few good songs
duke knooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 03:59   #19
Batwings
Junior Loafer

HCTB and Peace on earth ...doen,t get much better
Batwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 04:16   #20
Vickip
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batwings View Post
HCTB and Peace on earth ...doen,t get much better
I really love HCTB and need to listen to it again soon
Right now I'm totally hooked on HIAHB and listen to it everyday in the car when I'm driving back and forth to the store.
Vickip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 07:41   #21
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn View Post
Yeah, I found I played HIAHB a bit in the car when I first got it, but then I didn't play it as much as I found HCTB and The Best of Meat Loaf were more "driving albums" to listen too. Seems strange but as you say, your favourite albums and songs can change from time to time.
No, not really all that strange, IMO. It's kind of like a favorite meal- you wouldn't necessarily want to eat it every day, and you'd probably get tired of it after a while (I would, anyway). I guess my favorite albums more or less stay my favorites, but I still need to change it up. My current "car CD" is Springsteen's The Ghost of Tom Joad, but I'm sure by next week it will be something else.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 07:45   #22
chairboys
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
... but the most played in my car this past 2 months is hang cool... mainly cause im lazy and havent got annoyed enough to change it
That has been EXACTLY the same with me. I have 'freshened' it up by listening to the live CD with it. Hadn't realised how enjoyable that is. But, I agree the effort of changing your car CDs at the end of a long journey is sometimes beyond human capability.
chairboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2011, 11:03   #23
Evil Ernie
Super Loafer

Evil Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2011, 21:20   #24
lyn
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
No, not really all that strange, IMO. It's kind of like a favorite meal- you wouldn't necessarily want to eat it every day, and you'd probably get tired of it after a while (I would, anyway). I guess my favorite albums more or less stay my favorites, but I still need to change it up. My current "car CD" is Springsteen's The Ghost of Tom Joad, but I'm sure by next week it will be something else.
I can relate to that :) Sometimes it maybe HCTB for a while in the car, then it may change to say, The Best of Meat Loaf. I know when exercising it is always something really upbeat of Meat's that I play:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairboys View Post
That has been EXACTLY the same with me. I have 'freshened' it up by listening to the live CD with it. Hadn't realised how enjoyable that is. But, I agree the effort of changing your car CDs at the end of a long journey is sometimes beyond human capability.
Yeah I can agree with that:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ernie View Post
Hahahaha, like it mate

Last edited by AndyK; 12 Dec 2011 at 23:14.