mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:43   #1
Michael Marxen
Super Loafer

Default Kasim

from www.melodicrock.com :

It's been a bumpy road for The New Cars in 2006. Here's an update from the band's website:
"We are sorry to say that due to previous commitments Kasim Sulton will not be part of The New Cars for the upcoming Fall-Winter tour. We are very sorry to see him go, as his exceptional bass skills and vocals were an integral part of The New Cars sound. His talents will be missed and he is welcome back if schedules allow. We wish him the best of luck! His last appearance with The New Cars will be at Chastain Park in Atlanta, GA on September 8th. The band is currently looking for a replacement for him. We are looking forward to the upcoming tour and cannot wait to see all of you there! Thank you for all your continued support during our short “pit stop” See you on the road!"
And - A Note From Kasim
"I'm sorry to inform you all that due to prior commitments I will not be performing with The New Cars during the Fall / Winter tour. It was a very difficult decision to make, but one that I trust will be understood and respected. As most of you know, I've been recording and touring with Meat Loaf for the past thirteen years. In September 2005 I started work on Bat Out Of Hell III. At the time, I did not expect the record to be done before the end of this year (each previous Bat record took over a year to make).
In a perfect world, I would be able to continue working with The New Cars well into 2007 before my presence would be required by Meat Loaf in any real capacity beyond the errant promotional appearance. The record was finished earlier than expected, thus impacting the amount of time I have to devote to a band that deserves no less than a full and total commitment from it's members.
No one is more saddened than me by this and I hope you all know that if there was any way I could have worked around this I would.
I have rarely worked with a group of musicians that I respect more, shared more common interests in and out of music or felt more comfortable with in over thirty years.
My decision to leave the band was not made quickly or easily but out of respect for Elliot, Todd, Greg and Prairie it was important for them to know as soon as possible that I wouldn't be available for the November / December tour. I've no doubt that they will find the perfect musician to complete the band.
It might be wishful thinking on my part, but my hope is to come back in the not too distant future. I'll miss you all very much. In the meantime, go see the band. They really are great. Kasim."
Michael Marxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:52   #2
RSG
Mega Loafer

Thanks for the post. The Cars Rock.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2006, 23:55   #3
vrg
Super Loafer

This might be all we need to confirm RAH and Broadway, among whatever else we don't know about that is coming up for Meat and the band.
vrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Sep 2006, 02:59   #4
mszee
Mega Loafer

Again...sorry if this was posted already...can't find it...

http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/art...20cars_1007354
mszee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2006, 04:41   #5
tbuck
Super Loafer

Here's the latest on Kasim from his home area newspaper.

Last edited by tbuck; 17 Sep 2006 at 05:10.
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2006, 05:03   #6
mszee
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
Here's the latest on Kasim from his home area newspaper.
Link doesn't work for me...
Old 17 Sep 2006, 05:11   #7
tbuck
Super Loafer

Thanks mszee, fixed now.
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2006, 05:17   #8
mszee
Mega Loafer

Thanks, T...good article...
Old 04 Oct 2006, 19:11   #9
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Nice of them to wish a departing band member good luck and give the fans an explanation for their leaving.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2006, 14:09   #10
batcity

just found this on the kasim news http://www.kasiminfo.com/2006.html
batcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2006, 14:30   #11
SueW

Quote:
Originally Posted by batcity1 View Post
just found this on the kasim news http://www.kasiminfo.com/2006.html
That link actually shows all of Kasim's upcoming appearances (The New Cars, Meat Loaf and Kasim's own solo ones). http://www.KasimInfo.com/2006Cars.html shows all his appearances as part of The New Cars (which is what this thread is about).

Although Kasim initially left the band, he is still going to play some of their concerts, subject to his Meat Loaf commitments. Unfortunately none of them are in UK but so far he has 11 arranged in November and December (again subject to Meat Loaf's plans not changing).

SueW
http://www.KasimInfo.com/Blog.html
SueW is offline   Reply With Quote