Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 08 Dec 2019, 12:55   #76
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Yes it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
The price of these comic cons are verging on extortionate. Is it really worth the cost of two if not three high profile concerts?
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2019, 01:22   #77
Sebastian.
Biggles

Quote:
The price of these comic cons are verging on extortionate. Is it really worth the cost of two if not three high profile concerts?
Honestly in my opinion, no. Give me a concert over comic con any day. One of the worst and most overpriced experiences ever.
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Dec 2019, 07:58   #78
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Lol well this is a real roller coaster ride 🤣
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2019, 10:04   #79
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian. View Post
Honestly in my opinion, no. Give me a concert over comic con any day. One of the worst and most overpriced experiences ever.
I'm with Biggles, prices verging on the ridiculous with no guarantees, artist may or may not appear and having to book extra tickets over admission to see who you want to? Each to their own and if people are happy to do it then good on them but not something I'd ever do.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2019, 12:09   #80
Adje
trying to be realistic

It all comes down to your intentions.
For Dortmund, last saturday, I payed 42,50 entrance. We had a busy day from 9am til 18pm. As a movie buff it was already worth the money. Saw legions of movie stars, sat in a DeLorean and watched several, for me, interesting movie props. Also, most celebs didn't mind if you took pictures or video (some did and they had signs 'no photos') That by itself was already worth the entrance. Meat was a bonus. Is 50 euro for a signature worth it? That's up to you. I had the pleasure of talking to Meat (and Deborah) for an extended time (over 20 minutes). Had a picture taken and a personal item signed also. So for me it was as if I payed for a M&G. What do you pay for those?

So ya, for me it was more than worth it.

That said, if you had several actors you wanted to meet, schedule was very tight. I talked to some people that didn't get the chance to take a picture with one celeb, because time schedule made it impossible, as they also had a shoot with another celeb in the same time slot. So those people will certainly say it was not worth the money. Although I have no clue how they handle timeslots in London)

Again, it's what you're hoping to get. For me there was so much to see and enjoy, even without celebrities walking around
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 04:01   #81
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

The prices may seem steep. Two weeks I ago I paid £9 each time to ride a roller coaster. I went on it 3 times in a row. Some may think it's crazy. But when you find it out it takes 80 trucks to deliver the roller coaster from Germany to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland each Christmas and there are about 8-12 staff working on busy nights on the ride I don't think it's much.

It's the same with a £50 comic con. When all is said and done Meat probably only sees 20% of that if he's lucky

People spend all ranges of money on things that may not seem worth it from thousands on a "Banksy" to £200.000 on a car to £10.000.000 on a house. It only matters to the person who spent it if it is worth it or not, not the ones who see a price and think "Nah, that's too much for me."
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Dec 2019, 19:04   #82
nightinr
Super Loafer

Isn't the London one the best part of £200 all in with general admission, autograph from Meat and talk from Meat?

This is outside the scope of many people especially with travel costs etc. Just because they have enough people buying the tickets doesn't mean the high prices are acceptable.

I'm not blaming Meat as I'm aware he has costs and fees to pay, but maybe if he wishes to meet a wider audience why not charge £30 for a 2 hour theatre talk?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2019, 12:23   #83
nightinr
Super Loafer

Did we find anything exciting out about the next album/tour at Dortmund comic con?
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 19 Dec 2019, 15:00   #84
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Did we find anything exciting out about the next album/tour at Dortmund comic con?
'I'm gonna try to do a show in April, in the city I live in, in Nashville Tennessee, and we'll see how that goes.'

Quote from the Q&A session in Dortmund
Adje is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 23 Dec 2019, 10:21   #85
nightinr
Super Loafer

Great to see Meat looking so well (thanks for posting on your youtube channel Adje). He is looking the best he has looked in years.

I never realised he lived in Nashville Tennessee now? I thought he still lived in Austin Texas. What brought about the move? Meat certainly does like to move around the US!

Surely a UK arena tour will be announced shortly.....
Old 24 Dec 2019, 00:15   #86
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:

Surely a UK arena tour will be announced shortly.....
Show he's looking to put on may not be suited to arenas, was waiting on ok from Dr's to start rehearsing, expect news early (ish) next year of some sort of a tour late 2020, currently looking at US and UK only though this might change.
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 24 Dec 2019, 16:39   #87
nightinr
Super Loafer

I just think the UK promoters will insist on an arena tour rather than a theatre tour that will make limited money.....
Old 25 Dec 2019, 13:50   #88
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Look at Meat's health. Look at his age. And then do the maths.
I wouldn't expect anything larger than Storytellers type shows in intimate venues for the foreseeable future. Meat may surprise you - who knows - but arena tours are the last thing I would expect to happen.

(incidentally - Merry Christmas, Season's Greetings, and Happy Holidays to all!)
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
5 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 03:25   #89
MarkS
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adje View Post
'I'm gonna try to do a show in April, in the city I live in, in Nashville Tennessee, and we'll see how that goes.'

Quote from the Q&A session in Dortmund
I had no idea that Meat and I now live in the same city, will be looking out for that April situation with eager anticipation
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 08:35   #90
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I just think the UK promoters will insist on an arena tour rather than a theatre tour that will make limited money.....
They likely will. Meat's ideal response given his current situation: 🖕
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2019, 11:16   #91
nightinr
Super Loafer

Remember arena tours bring in the $$$. Phil Collins did them and he was strapped to a chair.....
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Dec 2019, 19:51   #92
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I never realised he lived in Nashville Tennessee now? I thought he still lived in Austin Texas. What brought about the move?
Remember he spent quite a bit of time in Nashville when he was recording Braver. I think he liked the area, then there are things like taxes and medical insurance etc ... and he was able to have a house built to his exact specifications, and the size they wanted
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2019, 19:24   #93
mlbf
Tour Date Enthusiast

I just found this and I am hyperventilating with excitement. !!! Jesus, new Steinman content with MEAT! OMG! I AM DYING RIGHT NOW! HES RECORDING SUN IN YOUR EYES! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! 13 ROADS TO BAT! OH MY GOD!
mlbf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 30 Dec 2019, 07:07   #94
Sebastian.
Biggles

He told me he was moving to Nashville pretty much straight after I told him I was moving to Texas...
Sebastian. is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 Jan 2020, 14:26   #95
RSG
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Well it's official. Meat says he is doing another album with Paul and the guys on his Facebook page. And he is planning on doing storytellers type shows too.

Let's get the hype train a-rollin'!
Have there been anything more posted on this subject?
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2020, 01:55   #96
aks650
Senior Loafer

Not that I have seen, although I could be wrong..?

I would love to see some sort of activity from Meat and the band whether it be an album or a tour.
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Feb 2020, 02:33   #97
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks650 View Post
Not that I have seen, although I could be wrong..?

I would love to see some sort of activity from Meat and the band whether it be an album or a tour.
Meat's back has been sh** again since he got back from Germany, so might be a minor setback to getting progress on those plans?
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Feb 2020, 02:39   #98
aks650
Senior Loafer

😞 that’s not so good! Guess we will just have to wait and see! Health comes first!!
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 19 Feb 2020, 10:12   #99
RSG
Mega Loafer

Meat has never recorded two songs which sound alike. Would there be any kind of sound you'd wanna see Meat and NLE revisit?

Songs such as TMIL, Madness, Land Of The Pig, Read Em And Weep, anything basically from bad attitude besides it's title track, and the acoustic guitar from handbasket were something I never imagined he'd record after the IMO successful Testify

Some kinda rearranged Decadent Wish (2003) would sound great with Paul Randy and John involved. I don't include Justin cause from what I remember piano wasn't in the song.

Last edited by RSG; 19 Feb 2020 at 10:19.
RSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2020, 21:12   #100
anotherday
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSG View Post
Meat has never recorded two songs which sound alike. Would there be any kind of sound you'd wanna see Meat and NLE revisit?

Songs such as TMIL, Madness, Land Of The Pig, Read Em And Weep, anything basically from bad attitude besides it's title track, and the acoustic guitar from handbasket were something I never imagined he'd record after the IMO successful Testify

Some kinda rearranged Decadent Wish (2003) would sound great with Paul Randy and John involved. I don't include Justin cause from what I remember piano wasn't in the song.
Give me Decadent Wish, Madness, and IKYIFDCB style sounds and I'd be pleased.
anotherday is offline   Reply With Quote