Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 25 Oct 2021, 21:06   #26
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
roomster pretty much says it all. Frankly I'm surprised that, given the choice between the two, everybody's jumping on him being in the right 100% in this situation.
I can see things from both sides. Most of us know Meat's venting and focusing on negative words in amongst 1000 nice comments quite well. It has bothered me over the years and I was at the receiving end of that as well. Not nice.

In person I'd imagine things get more heated, sure.

I can believe the abuse that Patti mentions. I had a longish chat with her during her 2014 tour.

It's a double edge sword. She seemed heartbroken to be fired but also revealing a lot of crap she had to endure since then.

Was/Is it best for her to continue to be a member of the band in that situation?
I think it's really hard for an outsider to judge.

Thus the question does become, what does she want to get out of revealing these messages? I'm not sure. Maybe it's venting also. Or trying to convince people not to look at things with rose tinted glasses.

I think the problem is the negativity perhaps gets more associated with Patti this way than with Meat himself, since Meat isn't even on Twitter anymore or responding regardless.

At the time in 2014 I really thought it was awesome to have seen Patti being able to spread her wings a bit and perform 2 hour shows.
She really was excellent. Also interesting to note is that Meat actually sent out a word of support for people to go see her, but it was very late during the tour.
The Meat Loaf Las Vegas stuff really didn't interest me. I don't like the constant retelling of the same stories. I know 99% of the audience is probably new at every show but still, I just don't like that approach at all.
Regardless, I never travelled beyond the UK and The Netherlands to see Meat so 2013 was the last time I saw him and that was thankfully WITH Patti.

It's really a shame Patti solo touring the UK didn't become more of a permanent thing.

In the absence of Meat touring here, I just think she could have filled that void to a certain extent quite well.

Perhaps with the lack of new things going on (like I said, the pandemic measurements forced this upon many people and especially entertainers) one is bound to look back more.

But say a yearly new album from Patti and some shows here and there? Even if it's lowkey.
I would have said "Let's have it!"

Last edited by AndrewG; 25 Oct 2021 at 21:17.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 22:17   #27
nightinr
Super Loafer

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned Kasim may have also been subjected to some detrimental treatment. Does anybody have any info on this and his "sudden" departure from the band?
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Oct 2021, 23:34   #28
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Not sure what to make of the tweet bout her boss asking her mum if she was horny yet, after siting on his lap.
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2021, 00:55   #29
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
Not sure what to make of the tweet bout her boss asking her mum if she was horny yet, after siting on his lap.
Who knows. It sounds like there might be some sort of Stockholm syndrome or accepting things whilst the party is still going on and not when it's over type of scenario going on I guess. Maybe thus the processing of what happened only gets done afterwards and is maybe more difficult to deal with?

Patti seems a lovely person going by the times I had the privilege to meet her. But this stuff in the open doesn't necessarily help her I think.

Look at how quickly people turned on and ignored Rose McGowan when the politics didn't suit. It seems victims of abuse can be used in what can be regarded as more psychological abuse afterwards I reckon through being used in certain people's agendas. "We will believe you and use you as spokesperson as long it suits our agenda but once it does not bye bye". Pretty dark.

I'm not saying she should shut up, but maybe Twitter isn't the right place. She could easily attract a bunch of looneys who might want to get something out of her. (There was a hell of lot of looneytune nonsense going on over there in 2014, I'm surprised she thinks it's a better platform than Facebook which I believe she isn't using anymore).

I wouldn't be surprised if this got scooped up by some outlet soon.

Last edited by AndrewG; 26 Oct 2021 at 01:08.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 09:22   #30
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Earlier in this thread it was mentioned Kasim may have also been subjected to some detrimental treatment. Does anybody have any info on this and his "sudden" departure from the band?
Kasim's take on this is simply that he'd had enough of working with Meat and thought it was time to go do his own thing. He was especially unhappy with the Bat 3 experience (as everyone else involved seemed to be) and didn't like the direction things seemed to be heading in. But he's also talked about Meat being "a bully" and throwing him against a wall.

As for Patti, I'm sure nobody here wishes her anything but well, or doubts her strengths on stage. But she is making herself look bad through these ongoing childish Twitter messages - that's if anyone looks past her endless conspiracy theories, paranoid wordplay, and anti-vaxx nonsense.
jmfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 11:03   #31
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Also, around the time he left, Kasim's wife became seriously ill and later died. No doubt that led to a reappraisal of his priorities.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 12:27   #32
AndrewG

Still don't understand why/how Meat let himself be talked into having Marion Raven on Bat 3. I'd have told Desmond Child / the record company or whoever caused that stupid nonsense to get stuffed for sure. Maybe they promised his image would attract a younger audience with an up and coming singer or something? Ludicrous!

I mean sure Child had a few good songs (co writing credits at least - whatever he really added there who knows) but does anyone like Raven's vocal credits? What the ~~~~ was the point? Do any of the fans remember any of this nonsense and consider it a great moment in Meat's career? The same as that whole God COULD talk instead of the far more logical WOULD talk which Rundgren was trying to explain. What a frustrating man Child must have been having to work with. We've all heard Steinman was difficult to work with, but at least the end result is good and makes sense. Child just seemed to be difficult because he could do so and I bet he had some type of pre-arranged deal with Raven or whatever was going on there.

I really don't think it was worth upsetting Patti over to have these generic pop Raven vocals PLUS I'm willing to bet a thousand pounds Patti's vocals would have been far superior on IACBTMN.

What a stupid carry on in hindsight.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 12:48   #33
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

It doesn't appear to be an experience that anyone enjoyed or looks back on with any fondness, to say the least.

Of course hindsight (and am impartial POV) is a blessing, but it seems like it gained the wrong momentum and just barreled out of control. There were too many dark clouds hanging over the project from the start, right from the whole battle over the name of the project and the rights to certain songs all the way through the recording process, too many cooks, the fallout afterwards, and a rather rocky tour to follow.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 13:18   #34
2jaxx
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
The same as that whole God COULD talk instead of the far more logical WOULD talk which Rundgren was trying to explain.
The lyrics of the song were plain stupid and self-centered, don't get me wrong. But I tend to disagree on that matter. Someone who questions the existence of god can also question his ability to talk. It is a question of the point of view. Given that most of Meat's songs don't reflect his opinion but the opinion of a character (the lyrical I), using this part of the lyrics for criticism is rather pointless. The rest of it is plain bad though.
2jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2021, 14:12   #35
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

Yes, have to say I don't see a problem with that lyric/title. Is it a proven fact that God CAN talk after all? Is he just stubbornly refusing?
Old 26 Oct 2021, 15:21   #36
Max
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmfreeman View Post
But she is making herself look bad through these ongoing childish Twitter messages - that's if anyone looks past her endless conspiracy theories, paranoid wordplay, and anti-vaxx nonsense.
Thank you for saying this. I think we should all keep this context in mind when discussing Patti and wish her the best
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 16:04   #37
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jaxx View Post
The lyrics of the song were plain stupid and self-centered, don't get me wrong. But I tend to disagree on that matter. Someone who questions the existence of god can also question his ability to talk. It is a question of the point of view. Given that most of Meat's songs don't reflect his opinion but the opinion of a character (the lyrical I), using this part of the lyrics for criticism is rather pointless. The rest of it is plain bad though.
To me I just reasoned with Rundgren and from then on thought it is just a dumb lyric and title.
IF you believe in the existence of God then "could" seems to indicate he cannot communicate with you or something silenced him. It just seems a bit strange to me.

Or are we saying that the burning bush used mind control?

Personally I don't believe in God. Having said that I never really have a problem with it being mentioned in lyrics to a certain extent.

But Dianne Warren's song was weak and the video of Meat committing suicide was just a disgrace, that after an already gloomy It's all Coming Back To Me Now just seemed to throw all the fun and excitement out of Bat 3. I just don't want to see that type of grim nonsense at all, unless it is in some form of strong context which the song and certainly the video did not invoke whatsoever.

Last edited by AndrewG; 26 Oct 2021 at 16:10.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 16:32   #38
jmfreeman
Senior Loafer

There was a lot of doom and heaviness in Bat 3, but then again there was a lot of *everything* in Bat 3. It was a meaty album, if not a Meaty one - and I quite like parts of it (ignoring its troubled birth and repercussions).
Though, talk about doom and heaviness - when I first heard 'Hell in a Handbasket' (the initial release, especially, with its original running order and the emergency broadcast beacon at the end), I felt like the world was ending. I liked it, but it was pretty bleak and uncompromising.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 17:16   #39
eltmatt
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Probably work better if The Kitchen Sink episodes were a lot more frequent i.e weekly rather than once every few months.

Patti seems to have time to post on twitter late at night, but doesn't seem to have chance to talk on a frequent basis...
I was literally about to say this, I think the infrequency is ruining the flow somewhat. Also I think episodes seem to go off on a tangent and could do with fleshing out some more detail at times!
eltmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2021, 18:28   #40
nightinr
Super Loafer

Does anybody know what happened to Meat's top supporter CarylB? The slightest criticism of anything related to Meat Loaf she would be defending him with viguor.

Don't think she has posted for a while....
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 18:50   #41
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Just had a glance at the original (Now locked) thread about Pattis original tweets on Xmas day, that Patti popped into to post, and, a member sent her a pm, and next thing, Pattis posting on twitter about the posts, she's now openly tweeted. Not saying that that (still active member ((Indeed they've posted on this very thread)) is the one who passed on the messages to Patti, but timing certainly fits. (I'm sure there was a tweet from Patti at the time saying she got the messages from a member on here)
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 19:34   #42
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
Just had a glance at the original (Now locked) thread about Pattis original tweets on Xmas day, that Patti popped into to post, and, a member sent her a pm, and next thing, Pattis posting on twitter about the posts, she's now openly tweeted. Not saying that that (still active member ((Indeed they've posted on this very thread)) is the one who passed on the messages to Patti, but timing certainly fits. (I'm sure there was a tweet from Patti at the time saying she got the messages from a member on here)
Referring to me ajf33?

Yes, I sent Patti a PM in february 2020, but it was not about or related to leaked private messages.

And I certainly don't like such accusations...
roomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Oct 2021, 19:38   #43
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
Referring to me ajf33?

Yes, I sent Patti a PM in february 2020, but it was not about or related to leaked private messages.

And I certainly don't like such accusations...
Ok fair enough, the timing was just coincidental, so apologies for any offence caused.

Edit I also did say I wasn't saying you did leak the messages to her, just the timing fitted, but as I say above I can accept that was just a coincidence.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 26 Oct 2021, 21:17   #44
nightinr
Super Loafer

I personally don't think Meat's message should have been leaked to Patti as Meat said three times in the message in effect "please don't tell anyone".

I'm certainly not suggesting it was anybody who has posted on this thread....

The tone of debate in this thread has been great...differing opinions, but informative and lively!
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 27 Oct 2021, 16:40   #45
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
I promised nothing, with no such statement RE 'revelations'.

There is a timeline with Kitchen Sink.

We're sticking to the timeline.

Whatever you decide, I'm more than happy for you to stick around.

As for me - signing off.
Do you have any idea, working to the timeline you mention, when The Kitchen Sink will reach reach the point in history that Pattis tweets are about? (not rushing you just curious!)
Old 27 Oct 2021, 16:46   #46
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I must say I've not heard anything but praise and fond memories from Meat, about Patti in interviews, even after these tweets started a couple of years ago, and, as he seems to not be biting on Pattis Comments, I don't think we'll ever hear anything more than Pattis side to this (Other than the leaked PM) so an old saying comes to mind here, there's always three sides to every story, His truth, Her truth and the actual truth.

As meat doesn't seem to visit here anymore (last recorded activity here over a year ago) and I can't see him addressing this on Facebook or twitter, then the full truth will probably never be known by anyone other than those involved.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 29 Oct 2021, 02:24   #47
aks650
Senior Loafer

It all seems a bit petty if you ask me.. she was fired (years ago now) move on..
aks650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2021, 16:05   #48
Gracie
Super Loafer

Post It's been ages since I was here! Wow! I missed a lot!

Someone leaked private messages? that's kinda well awful/ and low.....

I am glad I don't use many social medias only fb and yt for me never go on twitter
fb is okay. mlukfc is my fave! site. and (mlukf) been a member for years and years I miss patti in the band they (P&ML)made an Awesome partnership on stage!
16 no 1'a I remember Jim saying something like that before too! :)
-Gracie :)
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2021, 16:07   #49
Gracie
Super Loafer

16 no 1's meant to say lol
Gracie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2021, 05:40   #50
stumpjumper
Rookie

Hi, it’s Patti. Firstly , I hope this finds you all well. ��❤️��
Secondly, I hope that my posts cause me to heal. I LOVED my service and what I did for many years.
What happened to me was unjust, cruel, and without merit.
I will fight for my honor until I can put my “ sword” down.
stumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote