mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 02 Mar 2011, 03:21   #126
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke knooby View Post
that sounds very cold...

Why? Jim ran to Meat after the failure of Dance of the Vampires on Broadway.

they might go to meat for lots of reasons, or they might not, or something might happen, or not
They won't go to Meat period. The only reason they will is like I said, desparation. And by that time it would be too late.
Get Meat involved from the beginning and theres a chance it might work. Meat would barely acknowledge WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND and he got some good songs from Jim for his BEST OF package. Can't say as I blame him.
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2011, 03:34   #127
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadeangel View Post
I'm thinking more and more they are going to rerecord all the songs from both BATS and some new songs and sell the whole thing off as a reimagining of BAT OUT OF HELL. Remember, it's being called Jim Steinman's Bat out of Hell so it will be strictly his interpretation.
The only way they'll go to Meat for anything will be out of desperation.
I have a similar notion, but hope it isn't true. Re-recording anything from Bat 1 and 2 without Meat is akin to blasphemy ( I know some Bat 2 was covers). You don't re-make a true classic and usually anyone who tries fails. That idea has disaster written all over it. New songs, fine but re-doing the songs off either "bat" with other singers - no way. I have never heard any other singer nail "Bat", never. Not even close.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2011, 11:53   #128
renegadeangel
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
I have a similar notion, but hope it isn't true. Re-recording anything from Bat 1 and 2 without Meat is akin to blasphemy ( I know some Bat 2 was covers). You don't re-make a true classic and usually anyone who tries fails. That idea has disaster written all over it. New songs, fine but re-doing the songs off either "bat" with other singers - no way. I have never heard any other singer nail "Bat", never. Not even close.

Your right. Thats why I think its taking so long to get this going. But it won't work. Meat is as much of the BAT epic as Jim. Look what happened with BAT 3. I would have though Jim might have taken note. I don't believe for a second there are any more than a few thousand hardcore Jim fans and they certainly won't fill a theatre night after night. And if they did, I wonder how long it will be before they start chanting MEAT! MEAT!

Perhaps by the second act?
renegadeangel is offline   Reply With Quote