mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 06 Sep 2010, 23:58   #51
lisa01
Super Loafer

Default Is patti underrated

I think patti is a fantastic singer just like meat loaf so no i dont think patti is underrated at all i just think she is a fantastic person who works very hard and i cant wait to see her live with meat loaf again
Old 07 Sep 2010, 12:28   #52
Steve6
Batman

Patti is not underrated at all. She never released a top selling album, music people don't know her. We do because she's associated with Meat Loaf, but if she wasn't we wouldn't either. She is a fanastic singer....but her whole career has been spent as a duet partner.

We could say the same thing about Marion Raven...excellent singer, but the only thing she's known for so far is the duet with Meat Loaf. Does that make her underrated too?
Old 07 Sep 2010, 13:50   #53
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve6 View Post
We could say the same thing about Marion Raven...excellent singer, but the only thing she's known for so far is the duet with Meat Loaf.
That's not right. She has released albums and had hits. She was well-known in some countries already and they probably thought they could introduce her to the rest of the world via Meat. Strangely, she apparently hasn't been that successful after her collaboration with him... but she provided Meat with a No. 1 hit in Norway. Her ex-colleague Marit Larsen had a No. 1 hit over here, without having to hijack someone else's album. No offense intended towards Marion, I believe it wasn't her fault.

Patti is a better performer though. My first thought when I saw the IACBTMN video was "Who's that girl? Where the hell is Patti?" And then: "Oh, they think the old man can't have a hit on his own anymore, that's why they hired a young chick to sing Celine Dion covers with him." Marion Raven is a good singer but not the right partner for Meat, in my opinion. No one compares to Patti in this respect.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 13:59   #54
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

Patti is a better performer though. My first thought when I saw the IACBTMN video was "Who's that girl? Where the hell is Patti?" And then: "Oh, they think the old man can't have a hit on his own anymore, that's why they hired a young chick to sing Celine Dion covers with him." Marion Raven is a good singer but not the right partner for Meat, in my opinion. No one compares to Patti in this respect.
Patti is a better performer that's why Meat brought her back. Marion Raven sang IACBTMN because that's what Desmond Child wanted...he wanted to promote her. Patti was mistreated Meat has told us this already. But the whole thing about her being underrated is nonsense...she just doesn't get enough exposure.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 14:03   #55
AndyK
Relentless

Marion wasn't Desmond's choice, she was the record company's. Desmond can't be blamed for everything on Bat III
Old 07 Sep 2010, 14:09   #56
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Marion Raven sang IACBTMN because that's what Desmond Child wanted...
That's what I thought, too, until Meat revealed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
Example : have them take Patti off ACBTMN and put Marion (Don't get me wrong I love Marion) because Alan Kovac managed her and was trying to break her using me.
That's what he said. No matter whether it was the producer or the manager, I'm surprised that Meat allegedly hadn't a say regarding the issue. (???) I always thought such people are paid to work for the artist? But then again, I don't know the background...
Old 07 Sep 2010, 14:14   #57
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Marion wasn't Desmond's choice, she was the record company's. Desmond can't be blamed for everything on Bat III
I don't blame anyone because Marion is a very good singer, and it didn't bother me one bit that she got the gig over Patti but a lot of people on this site and Meat fans in general probaly weren't happy with that, and I'm sure Patti wasn't either. But record companies have an agenda..and they get their own way.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 14:19   #58
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post

That's what he said. No matter whether it was the producer or the manager, I'm surprised that Meat allegedly hadn't a say regarding the issue. (???) I always thought such people are paid to work for the artist? But then again, I don't know the background...
I'm guessing Kovac pitched the idea to the record company..and once they seen she was young, sexy, and had a good voice that was enough to warrant her inclusion IMO.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 15:24   #59
AndyK
Relentless

I understood it as boiling down to a question of money. The record co had a budget to promote Marion and a budget to record and promote Bat III, by combining the budgets (or more likely knowing how bean counters work in business by combining the budgets and then knocking some off the total) and including Marion on the single they killed two birds with one stone.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 15:31   #60
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
I understood it as boiling down to a question of money. The record co had a budget to promote Marion and a budget to record and promote Bat III, by combining the budgets (or more likely knowing how bean counters work in business by combining the budgets and then knocking some off the total) and including Marion on the single they killed two birds with one stone.
Yeah they had a budget, but correct me if I'm wrong again but didn't they go way over that budget? So instead of trying to kill two birds with the one stone they ended up shooting themselves in the foot.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 15:32   #61
AndyK
Relentless

Pure specualtion of course. But it might have been part of the reason to bring Marion in, to offset some of the losses by using the budget they had set aside for promting her as an artist.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 15:40   #62
Steve6
Batman

At the end of the day Image plays a massive part in everything. Yeah maybe it might have been budget issues, but we'll never know the answer to that unless we're told. But Marion Raven is a very attractive woman...and in the record business that's nearly enough to get you a deal. I mean "sex sells"..yes Patti is attractive but age is another factor to consider. It's nasty but that's how things work in this day and age.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 16:47   #63
Smithie
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf View Post
In my world she's not under rated. For all those mentioning that she should support would that not be a huge strain on her voice?

Not on this tour. She mostly sings backup. She only sings lead at the end of AFL and Paradise and harmony on the encore. I'm hoping they will add IICHY to the setlist for future shows.
She opened the show in 2002 and then sang in Meat's show. She's certainly capable of doing both.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 17:24   #64
The Flying Mouse
Armed ba$tard and Jo's other half.

Quote:

Can we blame him for that tw@t of a picture of him holding the top of his head in his hand?
I mean, seriously, what was the fricking deal with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
She opened the show in 2002 and then sang in Meat's show.
That was a complete and utter waste IMHO.
Great to listen to, but where was the CD at the merch stall?
She had nothing to sell then, and there is still nothing for sale now.
If she had even a single for sale at those concerts she could have made a good few quid from it as well as getting a lot more exposure.

Quote:
She's certainly capable of doing both.
She certainly can do both, but that's not to say she should.
She was given a song of her own halfway through the show, which shows emense respect IMHO (not to mention a very special treat for the fans) but it is a Meat Loaf show, and I wouldn't like Patti doing something in the show because it becomes obligatory.
Especially when she has got nothing to promote, because it's a complete and utter waste.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 18:25   #65
Smithie
Super Loafer

[QUOTE=The Flying Mouse;517567

Especially when she has got nothing to promote, because it's a complete and utter waste.[/QUOTE]

Maybe she will have something to promote at the UK shows. We can hope.
She said in her HMH interview that she was supposed to have a cd for sale on the Casa tour, but something went wrong with the mix.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 18:38   #66
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
She said in her HMH interview that she was supposed to have a cd for sale on the Casa tour, but something went wrong with the mix.
She made a living performing with Meat Loaf. The woman isn't under any pressure to release albums or isn't contractually obligated to either. So long as Meat keeps making albums any touring Patti will never be out of work. I'd love to see her release a Bonnie Tyler type record in the future. Patti is Jim Steinman's favourite female singer...Meat did mention this on the MSO DVD. So maybe he should give her a few songs to record.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 18:45   #67
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
She made a living performing with Meat Loaf. The woman isn't under any pressure to release albums or isn't contractually obligated to either.
But we don't know how much money Patti has made, nor how much she has spent. Meat obviously hasn't got many years left, so Patti needs other avenues of income.
Old 07 Sep 2010, 18:51   #68
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
But we don't know how much money Patti has made, nor how much she has spent. Meat obviously hasn't got many years left, so Patti needs other avenues of income.
I'm sure she has quiet a bit of money stashed away....she's done a hell of a lot of tours, and probaly will do many more. You get more than pocket change for work like that. Revenue shouldn't be an issue. She will no doubt get plenty work on broadway, if she doesn't get it touring or making albums. She's a good actress too.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:06   #69
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
I'm sure she has quiet a bit of money stashed away...
How much do you think she gets paid per tour? and how much do you think she gets paid when she's not touring with Meat? Also how much do you think she needs to live off? pay bills, house, clothes, food, travelling etc etc etc?

Just because she has a job performing with NLE, doesn't mean she's rich.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:12   #70
JaysScout
Senior Loafer

I don't think anybody holds a gun to Patti's head to make her go on tour with Meat Loaf. Therefore, I would assume the financial arrangements, whatever they are, are just fine with her. I just hope she's there as long as he keeps performing.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:15   #71
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Maybe she does it because it's an enjoyable thing to do? Money isn't everything.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:19   #72
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Revenue shouldn't be an issue.
i agree let's all live in peace and harmony like the federation of united planets

Quote:
I'm sure she has quiet a bit of money stashed away....
I don't think there's anyone who has had money 'stashed away' that is in a position where they can afford to wait 6 months to a year for a tour to come along, especially if she's trying to establish herself by working on songs and/or an album. Believe me from first hand experience these things cost a lot of money when you don't have a record company to back you up.

Quote:
She will no doubt get plenty work on broadway, if she doesn't get it touring or making albums. She's a good actress too.
there's established actors that can't get work on broadway, you're making it sound like it's very easy for anyone to walk in off the street and be in a musical/play just like that.

I would love to see Ms Russo break out and become a massive success and all the tools are there for her to do that.

Whether she can still is another thing, not one meat loaf fan will doubt that she's an incredible talent. But to Joe public or a critic she is just one of meat's 'backing singers' which is not fair to her but still.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:46   #73
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudding View Post
How much do you think she gets paid per tour?
About €10,000 per concert

Quote:
and how much do you think she gets paid when she's not touring with Meat? Also how much do you think she needs to live off? pay bills, house, clothes, food, travelling etc etc etc?
She's probaly doing some local gigs that we don't hear about. Just because she isn't in the papers or on TV doesn't mean she isn't doing gigs or work of her own, and getting well paid for it. I'd put a bet with you that she has a lot of money.

Quote:
Just because she has a job performing with NLE, doesn't mean she's rich.
She's been with him a long time..she's getting better paid than the rest of the band, and I'm sure she got extra when he asked her to come back and join the band again.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 00:51   #74
Steve6
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrevvedup View Post
I don't think there's anyone who has had money 'stashed away' that is in a position where they can afford to wait 6 months to a year for a tour to come along, especially if she's trying to establish herself by working on songs and/or an album. Believe me from first hand experience these things cost a lot of money when you don't have a record company to back you up.
But Patti performs with one of the most successful male artists of all time. Comparing her financial situation to that of a butcher, nurse, or barman is laughable, but as I said to Pud above she's proably doing gigs that we never hear about. I doubt she sits at home all day hoping for Meat Loaf to give her work.
Old 08 Sep 2010, 01:00   #75
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

Quote:
But Patti performs with one of the most successful male artists of all time.
How much money do you think Meat makes per tour?

Quote:
Comparing her financial situation to that of a butcher, nurse, or barman is laughable,
No one did, did they?

Quote:
but as I said to Pud above she's proably doing gigs that we never hear about.
How many stalkers do you think Patti has?, I can think of 3 off the top of my head. If Patti is doing a gig then someone on here is going to know about it.

The delusion that someone automatically thinks someone is wealthy just because they're performing on stage, especially when they're not even the main act is mindblowing.
Closed Thread