mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 17 Oct 2008, 16:50   #1
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Default Albums w/ Patti

Other than Meat and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, has Patti sung on any other albums? I'm trying to find a gift for my friend's birthday. She loves Patti's singing, but she already has all of the Meat and TSO albums.
Steingirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2008, 01:16   #2
Pudding
I'm A Prize Fight Lover...

According to allmusic.com she sang on Bryan Ferry's album 'Frantic' and also on Garnet Mimms album 'Is Anybody Out There'

Pud
Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2008, 02:22   #3
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

She also sings the title track on The Grinch soundtrack... Still need to get that !

LOL
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2008, 23:21   #4
Pudding

That's a Trans-Siberian Orchestra track Emma, so other than Meat and TSO

There's probably some bootleg (shhhhhh don't mention them) of Patti when she was in WWRY and Notre Dame Paris. Rocking horse shit springs to mind with those though.

Pud
Old 19 Oct 2008, 06:18   #5
WhenItComes2LovingU
Banned

Do her 13 some odd demos that we know of count? Including the stuff on her MySpace page?
WhenItComes2LovingU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2008, 14:26   #6
AndyK
Relentless

Not an album I know, but the DVD featuring Patti with the SAS Band from Bisley last December should be available sometime early next year.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:03   #7
Pudding

Was that 'Queen Day' Patti did some years back in Holland (I think?) ever put to CD or DVD?

Pud
Old 20 Oct 2008, 01:25   #8
evil nickname

Heineken, who sponsored the event, did release an promotion only CD of that.

That was a nice surprise by the way: standing on the Museumplein in Amsterdam, seeing Queen (or what was left of it), and with this singer called Patti Russo.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2008, 21:08   #9
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Thanks everyone for your help.

Does anyone have Betty Harris' "Intuition" album? I know Patti co-wrote "Bible and a Beer" and Betty recorded it on her album, but does Patti also sing backing vocals on the album?
Old 20 Oct 2008, 21:15   #10
evil nickname

According to Allmusic, she does.
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2008, 18:57   #11
Steingirl
Super Loafer

Here's some info on Garnet Mimms' album:

All Music Guide Review

At 75, Garnet Mimms is singing better than ever. The proof is all over Is Anybody Out There?, produced and arranged by Nashville's Jon Tiven. Tiven wrote or co-wrote 13 of the album's 15 tunes. He recorded the set in his home studio with wife Sally Tiven on bass, pianist Mark Jordan, and a host of drummers, including Chester Thompson. For his part, Tiven played guitar, saxophones, sitar, and harmonica. Jonell Mosser, Wayne Jackson, choirmaster Shake Anderson, Greg Morrow, Billy Block, Patti Russo, Felix Cavaliere, Buddy Miller, Little Milton Campbell, and P.F. Sloan all guest. But the real story is Mimms. The material is all retro soul-gospel and leaves his previous solo gospel outing in the dust. His calling these days is one of a preacher who counsels prisoners, and in the grain of his beautiful voice is the world-weariness of a man who has traveled many of life's roads but whose hope is unvanquished; in fact, it's firmly intact. Tiven is clearly not interested in having Mimms sound like a museum piece. He goes to great lengths to place his voice in songs that are deeply rooted in Southern soul, blues, and gospel. That said, sometimes it feels like his production goes to extremes. While there are no samplers or drum loops, playing near baroque sitar on some of the album's best songs -- like "Let Your Love Rain" -- can initially be a jarring experience, where it feels as if an alien presence has invaded the recording. Thankfully, Mimms' voice brings the listener right back and shows that everything is basically where it should be.

Credits:
Greg Morrow Drums, Jonell Mosser Vocals (Background), Mark Nevers Mixing, Jon Tiven Organ, Guitar, Harmonica, Percussion, Sax (Tenor), Sitar, Sax (Alto), Engineer, Producer, Sally Tiven Bass, Sam "Shake" Anderson Bass, Guest Appearance, Choir, Chorus, Choir Master, Jake Burns & The Big Wheel Mixing, Patti Russo Vocals (Background), Percy Metcalf Choir, Chorus Willa Young Choir, Chorus Scat Springs Vocals (Background), Rachael Roberts Choir, Chorus Chester Thompson Drums, Gregg Wright Vocal Engineer, Dan Penn Mixing, Karen Anderson Choir, Chorus, Billy Block Drums, Milton Campbell Guitar, Guest Appearance, Felix Cavaliere Organ, Guest Appearance, David Z. Mixing, Wayne Jackson Trombone, Trumpet, Mark T. Jordan Piano, Craig Krampf Drums, P.F. Sloan Guitar (Acoustic), Vocals (Background), Guest Appearance
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:41   #12
Smithie
Super Loafer

My girlfriend just purchased the movie "South Beach Dreams". Patti wrote and sang the theme song "Take Good Care of My Heart". I don't know if there is a soundtrack, but at the end of the movie, you can hear the entire song sung by Patti.
Smithie is offline   Reply With Quote