Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 2020, 15:48   #26
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
I wonder if TheWriterGuy will weigh in...
He did about Patti. Nothing concerning Jim, maybe he isn't aware of the thread on that other site. I am not posting it outright out of respect to Jim, but just saying it exists in public.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 16:15   #27
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
He did about Patti. Nothing concerning Jim, maybe he isn't aware of the thread on that other site. I am not posting it outright out of respect to Jim, but just saying it exists in public.
If you want to ask me something - just ask Worst case scenario you won't learn anything new, and no harm done.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 18:37   #28
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

After speaking with loaferman61 by PM, I've determined that the thread he found about Jim was one I've seen previously as well, posted at a place called Datalounge. Datalounge is widely renowned online, by people who know about its existence anyway, as a place where "queens" (in the gay sense) can be bitchy and vent. Gay celebrity gossip, gay politics, gay news, and pointless mean-spirited bitchery since 1995. Aside from the word "mean-spirited," that's their own self-description; look 'em up on Google if you don't believe me.

Very occasionally, as a producer myself, I've seen someone post something there which isn't common knowledge that has a grain of truth to it, but I use the words "very occasionally" and "a grain" for a reason. If one takes the time to look around the rest of the site in depth, they'll either need an Excedrin for the resulting headache, or they'll picture a room full of limp wrists and hip thrusts competing for the best put-down or the juiciest storyline (and I say that as a gay man).

Time will be the ultimate arbiter of the stories about Jim on that site, and as they have little connection to the main topic, I think it better if we ignore them unless or until someone else corroborates them. This is about Patti, to the extent the thread is allowed to continue. Whoever posted about Jim on Twitter has their own stories to tell, evidently, and will do so as/when they deem prudent.
Old 11 Jan 2020, 16:41   #29
Evil One
Mega Loafer

Quote:
After speaking with loaferman61 by PM, I've determined that the thread he found about Jim was one I've seen previously as well, posted at a place called Datalounge.
Then it's worth noting the ramblings on that thread are by a known bullshitter
Old 12 Jan 2020, 15:13   #30
nightinr
Super Loafer

More tweets from Patti.....
Old 08 Feb 2020, 14:24   #31
nightinr
Super Loafer

More posts in the last few days from Patti......

This could potentially become a very big story
Old 08 Feb 2020, 15:41   #32
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I Notice she tweeted the vid of Meats collapse on stage from a couple of years ago, odd considering what else she's been tweeting about him.
Old 08 Feb 2020, 18:03   #33
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Given the thrust of her other posts ("who's afraid of the big bad truth" et al.), I'm assuming she's suggesting that the publicly stated reason for Meat's collapse is not the case? She's also posted a controversial story about Cher and seems to be hinting that she has knowledge of skeletons in that closet as well.
Old 08 Feb 2020, 19:00   #34
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Given the thrust of her other posts ("who's afraid of the big bad truth" et al.), I'm assuming she's suggesting that the publicly stated reason for Meat's collapse is not the case? She's also posted a controversial story about Cher and seems to be hinting that she has knowledge of skeletons in that closet as well.
Gotta wonder what is motivating her to attempt to hurt Meat like this...
Old 08 Feb 2020, 23:10   #35
Adje
trying to be realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch37 View Post
Gotta wonder what is motivating her to attempt to hurt Meat like this...
Going from her remarks earlier on how Meat came into the dressing room and the Cher story on CNN, it looks like she is talking about sexual harassment

That said, with the way she is filling her social media pages she comes across as a second Corey Feldman atm. I am not saying she is lying (how would I know) but she doesn't seem to be mentally very stable from her posts.

I always liked Patti. She is by far my favorite Meat side-kick. But I don't like these half ass allegations. If you have something to say then say it. Don't f#ck around pretending there is more to your story than there is.
7 Users Like This Post.
Old 08 Feb 2020, 23:13   #36
Evil One
Mega Loafer

By going after Cher as well it just appears Patti is a disgruntled backing singer attacking those who've succeeded. There may be seedy backstage stories, but she was happy to ride the Meat Loaf train for 20 years despite ample opportunities to fork off on her own.
7 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 18:46   #37
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

She should delete Twitter and download Tinder and have a good time.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 21:41   #38
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

I think it's time this thread was locked.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 22:29   #39
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy View Post
I think it's time this thread was locked.
Why? Is that the answer to everything on here? It is not like it is bustling with activity around here to begin with.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 23:29   #40
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

I don't think it's wise to be commenting on something you know nothing about.
Old 09 Feb 2020, 23:57   #41
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
I don't think it's wise to be commenting on something you know nothing about.
You know what. I'm inclined to agree with you. Should remove the thread. People can discuss in private...
Old 10 Feb 2020, 18:19   #42
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

To be clear: I'm not in favor of censorship, but this is a situation that the majority of users on this site know nothing about. The speculation only serves to inflame each party in an era where this kind of thing ends careers and affects lives. Or vice versa. So tread carefully.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 19:27   #43
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
To be clear: I'm not in favor of censorship, but this is a situation that the majority of users on this site know nothing about. The speculation only serves to inflame each party in an era where this kind of thing ends careers and affects lives. Or vice versa. So tread carefully.
There's a time and a place for it for sure. My original inclination was to take part in light discussion, but from some of the more recent comments, I can see where the discussion is headed. The last thing we want is someone from the press viewing this thread and writing an article that goes viral like that last issue about Meat and Greta based on false information or speculation. That false information came from an interview with Meat and a journalist, not this fan club, but the impact could be the same or worse regardless of the source. As you've said ThatWriterGuy, "this kind of thing can end careers and affect lives". I would also add that it can even lead to worsening mental health and thoughts of self harm. We all know how upset Meat was about the issue with Greta...Now imagine that 10 fold. Based on her twitter posts, Patti appears to be going through a very interesting time. I am not sure what to make of it, but I am concerned about the tweets. I would not want the situation to escalate based on hearsay. I think it is time to be very careful, very respectful, and supportive of people we truly care about in this business. And, importantly, only discuss what we KNOW. All other discussion is better served in private or not at all until more information comes to light - if it ever does.

Last edited by stretch37; 10 Feb 2020 at 20:03. Reason: accuracy
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 21:27   #44
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

On the other hand Patti's tweets are public statements. I doubt the press trolls this slow activity site for scoops. If Patti wants to she would contact them I feel certain. Patti was part of the NLE since 1993 so there is relevance. Her tweets while so far cryptic are fair game in the public domain.

If everyone just sticks to what she says and does not try to put words in her mouth so why make it look like this board is hiding something? I wonder if Cher has a board like this and if so would they just put it under the rug? I don't know because I am not much of a Cher fan and she probably has more than one active board.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 10 Feb 2020, 22:33   #45
nightinr
Super Loafer

It would be ridiculous pulling this thread as people are commenting on tweets in the public domain. Patti is also part of the Meat Loaf community so it is important to have a balanced, considered debate and not make out that Patti is in the wrong as some have suggested
Old 19 Feb 2020, 22:26   #46
nightinr
Super Loafer

Patti has appeared to reach out to Caryl on twitter....

Caryl have you responded?
Old 20 Feb 2020, 19:42   #47
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Patti has appeared to reach out to Caryl on twitter....

Caryl have you responded?
Got a link, please?
Old 20 Feb 2020, 20:08   #48
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loaferman61 View Post
Got a link, please?
https://twitter.com/Patti_Russo/stat...00592633417729
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 04:30   #49
stumpjumper
Rookie

Greetings to all. I’ve been on this site for quite some time ( years) , albeit , with a username that is not recognized.
It’s me. Patti Russo....
Im not here to argue or defend myself. I’m here to only say that if you have a question to ask of me, allow me to answer them now that you know that I’m here.
I’ve seen a lot of comments here over the years..The internet makes us all a bit bold and we forget that we are all connected.
I don’t believe I’ve ever been anything but gracious and humbled to any one of you over the many years that I’ve come to meet and know you all.
I am here now, in the open, to speak for myself, rather than not.
Thank you all and wish you all only the best, always.
Lotsa love Xxoo Patti
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 25 Feb 2020, 06:28   #50
RSG
Mega Loafer

Do you have an CD available to purchase?
1 User Likes This Post.
Closed Thread