Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:12   #1
wenners
Senior Loafer

Default Why Steinman Bash

Why Steinman Bash

Why is there such a popular culture on this web site at the moment that has nothing better to do than trash Steinman?

Id be very interested to know how old you are and when you started following Meatloaf.
My betting is the vast majority of you are quite young and have only been fans since the last couple of albums

Regardless of the issues regarding Bat 3 you are trashing someone whos has had a large part in Meatloaf being who and where he is today.

How many of you are hypocrites that play Steinman songs all the time?

I dont have issues with you having your own opinion and trashing his songs. But that's not what's going on here a vast majority are all jumping on the band wagon. Ive seen some of your posts on other websites where you write totally opposite things but on here it just seems that popular culture is to slag him off.

If Meat was to come on here tomorrow and say how great Steinman is a lot of you will be posting the same minutes later. I have just replied on another forum on this sight where someone is digging up quotes form 28 years ago to justify slagging Jim off.

I know that this is a Meat Loaf site and we are here to sing his praises and appreciate he's music for what is. And mark my word over the last 28/29 years there haven't been many more appreciative of his music than me it has been a huge part of my life.

I know there is some ill feelings about bat 3 from both sides

But just remember the humble beginnings from 28/29 years ago when Meat and Jim produced together one of, if not the greatest album of all times and have provided us since with god knows how many more classic songs and hours and hours of enjoyable music.

All i ask is that before you slag him off, just pause and think how important his songwritting has been to you over the years. Post a response because its how you really feel not just to get on the bandwagon or improve you posting percentages,

There's a lot we dont know there's a lot were never know but one thing we all know is to appreciate their music for what it is.

Wenners.

Last edited by wenners; 11 Jul 2006 at 01:34.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 01:55   #2
Paul191
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenners
Why Steinman Bash

Why is there such a popular culture on this web site at the moment that has nothing better to do than trash Steinman?

Id be very interested to know how old you are and when you started following Meatloaf.
My betting is the vast majority of you are quite young and have only been fans since the last couple of albums

Regardless of the issues regarding Bat 3 you are trashing someone whos has had a large part in Meatloaf being who and where he is today.

I dont have issues with you having your own opinion and trashing his songs. But that's not what's going on here a vast majority are all jumping on the band wagon. Ive seen some of your posts on other websites where you write totally opposite things but on here it just seems that popular culture is to slag him off.

If Meat was to come on here tomorrow and say how great Steinman is a lot of you will be posting the same minutes later. I have just replied on another forum on this sight where someone is digging up quotes form 28 years ago to justify slagging Jim off.

I know that this is a Meat Loaf site and we are here to sing his praises and appreciate he's music for what is. And mark my word over the last 28/29 years there haven't been many more appreciative of his music than me it has been a huge part of my life.

But just remember the humble beginnings from 28/29 years ago when Meat and Jim produced together one of, if not the greatest album of all times and have provided us since with god knows how many more classic songs and hours and hours of enjoyable music.

All i ask is that before you slag him off, just pause and think how important his songwritting has been to you over the years. Post a response because its how you really feel not just to get on the bandwagon or improve you posting percentages,

There's a lot we dont know there's a lot were never know but one thing we all know is to appreciate their music for what it is.

Wenners.
errrrrrrrm, there is a Steinman forum you know...... Oh and I'm 18 years old. Hope this doesn't make me Inferior to you.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:01   #3
wenners
Senior Loafer

being young would never make you inferior nor would having an opinion
but slagging for slagging sake that would just make someone stupid
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:09   #4
Jayd
If I could bust into hell....... I would

Quote:
Why Steinman Bash

Wenners.
I don't think there is any actual slagging off of Jim, it is just opinions, and if you look, there are some who are giving their opinions of Meat as well. I am 27, and I have followed Meat for the last, mmmmmmmmm, 19 years say, way before Bat 2. And yeah, lets say there are some new Meat fans here, who have followed him since Bat 2, or WTTN, or even CHSIB, doesn't make me a better fan of Meat, or Jim, than anybody else, it doesn't mean I know more, about Meat or Jim , than anybody else. I think this topic will lead where, others have gone, and eventually lead to differences of opinions, and evetually been locked.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:13   #5
Paul191
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayd
I don't think there is any actual slagging off of Jim, it is just opinions, and if you look, there are some who are giving their opinions of Meat as well. I am 27, and I have followed Meat for the last, mmmmmmmmm, 19 years say, way before Bat 2. And yeah, lets say there are some new Meat fans here, who have followed him since Bat 2, or WTTN, or even CHSIB, doesn't make me a better fan of Meat, or Jim, than anybody else, it doesn't mean I know more, about Meat or Jim , than anybody else. I think this topic will lead where, others have gone, and eventually lead to differences of opinions, and evetually been locked.
Couldn't agree more!!
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:24   #6
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Quote:
Why Steinman Bash

Wenners.

I think you have issues buddy!
You are so hypocritical, in that one minute your saying every negative then singing his praises! You can't have it both ways man and if you took time to do a little thing called research you would also know that probably 99% of us here have a great deal of respect for Jim Steinman and the thing that you refere to is an interview from the Classic Albums, Bat Out Of Hell, it was not bashing or being horrible to Jim but just an observation that Meat let him describe THEIR STYLE OF MUSIC and instead of saying our he said my, but that's beside the point really because you obviously don't read the full thing or you would have thought more about this post.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:29   #7
wenners
Senior Loafer

Hi Jayd

I hope it doesn't get locked because the intention here is not to slag anyone off because of their age or how long they have been Meat fans.

The point is to draw peoples attention to what i feel is unnecessary digs at jim on this site. I post the same sort of comments on the Rockman forums when i feel people are slagging off Meat there.

The point of mentioning the age was to get across that it seems to be the younger generation who are taking this line (god i cant believe i have just used the term younger generation when i am only 42)

The reason for this and it is no fault of theirs it is that there was a different feel and rawness about the music back then. by this i mean we have grown up with Meat and Jim together and grew with their music from that Meat's music evolved into other things but for us old cronies there is power of the bond of their music from the beginning i doubt this makes much sense but its hard to put into words.
Old 11 Jul 2006, 02:36   #8
Diane
Super Moderator

This thread is unnecessary and has of course led to the inevitable as this site does not support and will not tolerate "Steinman bashing", (or any bashing for that matter!), and everyone has already been requested to show the same respect for Jim as we expect you to show for Meat.

Time for everyone to calm down.

Diane
Closed Thread