Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 06 Nov 2023, 14:27   #1
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

Default Will Meat and Jim get the AI treatment?

With the release of Now and Then by the Beatles and the emergence of MAL, do you think the Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman Vaults will be opened for new material? There are so many Steinman demos.
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 Nov 2023, 18:01   #2
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, in the case of the Steinman vaults, everything's pretty much already done, usually with decent vocalists, so it's more a matter of release than creation. As for Meat, that would depend entirely on what, if anything, he left behind and from when. I, for one, wouldn't want to see some Frankensteinman (heh) creation where they take a Jim demo and graft on a Meat vocal and try to "finish" it. Just doesn't seem right. But releases of what's there, to the extent it's complete, absolutely.
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2023, 19:07   #3
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

There will probably come a time (in the next 25 years or so) when you can ask a computer "Alexa, take me to London Wembley Arena 5th December 1994 to watch Meat Loaf perform" and you wear a light, comfortable VR headset and can convincingly watch Meat Loaf and Brian May on stage as to what super computers believe the experience was probably like based on archived footage, setlist info, photos and audio.

But we are probably some way off and anything AI now is just a load of bollocks.

I say this to a lot of people: what we are seeing is not really AI, just clever machine learning.
That latter term seems to have gone out of fashion recently, but it's just the same thing I reckon. Not until a computer tells ME what to watch or it will complain all night that I'm missing out on something, do I think we have real AI.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2023, 18:57   #4
Evil One
Mega Loafer

I doubt it. As much as we the fans like to think of Meat Loaf as being on a par with Tina Turner, Queen and Bon Jovi, the unfortunate truth is he was a lot further down the food chain. If a record label is going to spend a fortune on fiddling with an artist's leftovers then it won't be Meat's.
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2023, 20:20   #5
stretch37
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
I doubt it. As much as we the fans like to think of Meat Loaf as being on a par with Tina Turner, Queen and Bon Jovi, the unfortunate truth is he was a lot further down the food chain. If a record label is going to spend a fortune on fiddling with an artist's leftovers then it won't be Meat's.
No, not on par. He was better. He was worse. He was Meat. *shrug*
stretch37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2023, 02:44   #6
rockfenris2005
Mega Loafer

IMO it's the record companies that feel that way. If they'd wanted, they could have put out lots of the kind of releases we get from Queen, etc. It's just that they haven't. It seems like Sony gave up on "Bat out of Hell" after Meat's posts surrounding the 40th. He called them out for trying to release another lame anniversary CD with the tracks we already had, instead of the "Bat" demos that he wanted to put out.

I don't understand the hesitation. The "Bad Attitude" 30th could have put out all the singles/special features had they wanted, but apparently they didn't have permission from the label. They could only release the album, which sucks. Bonnie Tyler has a whole "Remixes and Rarities" album. I want the Meat Loaf one with "Take A Number".
rockfenris2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2023, 11:32   #7
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 View Post
I don't understand the hesitation.
It's an industry of relationships.

Multi-tiered.

When you're out of the club ... you're out of the club.

I'd love to see a deep dive into the studio sessions for the 80s albums (and tours). Meat was in great shape, vocally. Such a shame those records are so often overlooked.
ThatWriterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.