mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Closed Thread

Old 13 Dec 2016, 01:56   #76
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Yep its almost like people are brainwashed and can't think for themselves.
Not at all .. just some of us consider that continued speculation is pointless. Meat has maintained a professional silence for some years, so people's curiosity will not be satisfied .. and imo it's boring. To consider it pointless is not brainwashing; but to swallow one side of a situation in ignorance of the full picture is hardly cerebrally sound

Quote:
For example some people said Bat 3 was best album ever and what a great job Desmond Child had done. Fast forward a few years and people make out Desmond Child is the devil. I personally thought Bat 3 was and is a good album. The only mistake they made was not having Blind as a Bat as the lead single.
Really? I loved Bat 3, said so then, still do. That Meat has since said the whole process was a bad experience for him is a shame, but does not diminish the end product at all imo.

Last edited by CarylB; 13 Dec 2016 at 02:02.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 02:48   #77
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
Yep its almost like people are brainwashed and can't think for themselves.

For example some people said Bat 3 was best album ever and what a great job Desmond Child had done. Fast forward a few years and people make out Desmond Child is the devil. I personally thought Bat 3 was and is a good album. The only mistake they made was not having Blind as a Bat as the lead single.
The can't think for yourself criticism you point towards might be fair in a certain light. However I can also appreciate many fans simply side with Meat's feelings and thoughts at certain points on a forum merely to show affection and respect, like friends and family often would do. "Yeah you're right, sorry about that... I understand because... etc" I encourage independent thought too but I don't think trying to put opinions in such black and white categories would change things around here or elsewhere.

On Bat 3:
Just saw Bat 3 gets 4 1/2 stars on Amazon like most Meat Loaf albums do. For the vast majority of those who bought the album I think they reckoned it was pretty good.

I personally don't agree with Meat's opinions on Alive and much of his own criticisms of Bat 3. They are interesting back story insights. However the new tracks we got I think are mostly superb and it would have been a shame if they hadn't been recorded by Meat (Baab / Monster / Alive / What about love?)

I like the album except for the single choices indeed, the lack of piano in many places. Baab does it well, the Steinman songs don't. Bizarre. The production on the Steinman tracks are a bit meh in places. Seize the night could have been grander. The latin parts don't come across as dramatic as they could have been. I think Paul Crook's production on GATW is better for example. More fun and well thought out.

And then we almost come full circle. I also don't like the fact Bat 3 had so many guest appearances and that Patti was then dropped from two duets in favour of pop female singers which I believe was the reason she left the band in 2006 when she found out. Marion Raven was a bit forgettable in the end as pretty as she is and we never actually saw Jennifer Hudson I believe. Aspen Miller on tour seemed good but probably too early in her career to help Meat as effectively as Patti always did. Aspen seems to have retired. Hindsight is a great thing I guess but in the end losing Patti for all that other malarky was really not worth it. I'm glad Meat & Patti reconciled for the period between 08 and 13 and gave us tons more great shows together.

My memories of RAH are always linked to Meat performing almost solo somehow (never saw a 2007 show). 2008-2013 live memories are more about Meat with the NLE for me.

Last edited by AndrewG; 13 Dec 2016 at 02:55.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 14:30   #78
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
PS. Am I miss something or there are new facts/gossips about Patti? If not - why to start another discussion with so high emotions?
Ah. Welcome, you must be new here.
2 Users Like This Post.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 17:00   #79
Meat Loaf_fan
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicLord View Post
Ah. Welcome, you must be new here.
Why you use irony? I was (only) wondering why to start new discussion, on this forum, if you don't know new facts.

PS. If someone want something good for Patti, then her name shouldn't be tied only with Meat. In other words - she should do more solo shows and/or her own CD.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 27 Oct 2020, 10:36   #80
ajf33
Senior Loafer

On the attack again on her twitter page, Don't know what her problem is now, but wish her and Meat would sort it out behind closed doors (That's if there is anything to actually sort, her accusations are very vague and scattered)
Old 27 Oct 2020, 20:42   #81
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
On the attack again on her twitter page, Don't know what her problem is now, but wish her and Meat would sort it out behind closed doors (That's if there is anything to actually sort, her accusations are very vague and scattered)
Is she trying to talk to me on there? (AndrewN) ? Or someone who happens to have same last initial in name? (G is a middle initial. N is the start of my last name and I assume Patti knows that).
I'm not even on Twitter anymore.

Some people seem to be invisible in the chats, can't follow what's going on.

Sent her a friend request ages ago on Facebook but she never accepted. I assumed she never wanted to talk.
Now I can see on Facebook she waved goodbye to Facebook.

Easier to just pick up the phone with people to settle disputes/answer questions I reckon.

Last edited by AndrewG; 27 Oct 2020 at 21:07.
Old 28 Oct 2020, 17:37   #82
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

It's my understanding, from limited conversation with those in the know, that a certain segment -- and only that certain segment -- of her time with Meat is covered by a nondisclosure agreement, so she's being very careful about exactly what she can say based on timeline.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 11:22   #83
AndrewG

I must say I like the dropping hand grenade and then just leaving for several days approach on Twitter.

It's like posting "You all suck, it was all my idea" and disappearing for a week.

Some of the comments from people who are trying to keep on her side are a disgrace "He ain't shit without you." Awful.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 12:05   #84
ThatWriterGuy
Super Loafer

Donny, you're out of your element (and you know what's going to happen to this thread - the same as happened to all the other threads you contributed to about this topic).
Old 29 Oct 2020, 19:11   #85
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

This story is gonna get a lot darker before it gets lighter... about Meat, Jim, and several people in their orbit. I understand and appreciate the skepticism, but this is bigger than just Patti and everything will be aired in the light of day in due time.
Old 29 Oct 2020, 23:09   #86
anotherday
Super Loafer

This just upsets me so much.
The whole thing.
Now people are going to question how we can be fans of his and Jims, aren't they?
Old 30 Oct 2020, 02:43   #87
AndrewG

Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherday View Post
This just upsets me so much.
The whole thing.
Now people are going to question how we can be fans of his and Jims, aren't they?
There have been people wondering how the hell one can be fan of Meat Loaf or Jim Steinman ever since Bat out of Hell was released.

I can't think of many artists I have followed so far who at one stage hasn't done something questionable, either a private matter I heard about or a blatant public political backing or statement I very much disagreed with. Literally the only one I can think of I never had a problem with was Roxette.

Since things are so polarised and toxic these days, and there is so much tribalism, I think this mostly private matter isn't a big concern to many people I would have thought. There are far bigger fish to fry with regards to celebrities and artists, what is said and done going by headlines and Twitter etc.

I'm sure there are still fans of Phil Spector. Look at what he did.

Last edited by AndrewG; 30 Oct 2020 at 02:51.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 31 Oct 2020, 01:55   #88
Dick
Super Loafer

Im so lost on what the hell is even going on... if anyone cares to speculate or enlighten me please do. Im sure pm's would be better as we know how things can get.
Old 15 Nov 2020, 19:29   #89
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

I debated exactly what thread to post this in, but since this is the latest concerning any "news" on the subject that is unlocked, I thought it might be here.

This isn't Patti's story, per se; it still remains to be seen how much of that will ultimately see the light of day. But... somebody's talking, or at least it appears that way, and it has bearing on the subject of Meat and Jim, or, at least, that's how I'm choosing to interpret this.

A gentleman who is reliably reported to have contributed to the process of creating the Bat Out of Hell musical seems to have decided to tell more of his story. He's released a semi-autobiographical piece of fiction entitled "Rocket to Mars," which seems a thinly veiled account of his time working on the show. Its prefatory matters certainly suggest that it was... an unusual experience. (Anybody who notes the similarity in language to Patti's blog entry of 2013 about being fired is pretty smart to note that, and invited to consider it in terms of reflecting a pattern of behavior within a group. I'll just put it that way.)

The first part, of what will apparently be three, can be found here.

I'll admit that a little more about this story than may be published is known to me. Curious readers are invited to DM me. Meantime, I look forward to the next installment!
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 16 Nov 2020, 02:38   #90
Monstro
Promoted to Wario's spellchecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
I look forward to the next installment!
He seems to write at Jims pace, wouldn't hold your breath lol
Old 16 Nov 2020, 16:26   #91
ajf33
Senior Loafer

I notice that Patti has tweeted her support for the writer of the above blog, and linked to his page. Also She's tweeted the officially given reason that Meat wasn't allowed to record All coming back to me, (That Jim wanted it sung by a woman) is Bull, anyone shed any light on that??
Old 16 Nov 2020, 21:43   #92
AndrewG

Quote:
I notice that Patti has tweeted her support for the writer of the above blog, and linked to his page. Also She's tweeted the officially given reason that Meat wasn't allowed to record All coming back to me, (That Jim wanted it sung by a woman) is Bull, anyone shed any light on that??
If you wanted an answer from Russo herself you'd be waiting till the end of time going by her Twitter behaviour.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:06   #93
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
If you wanted an answer from Russo herself you'd be waiting till the end of time going by her Twitter behaviour.
Yesi had noticed she hardly ever replies to questions, and presumably she doesn't frequent here anymore! so will probably never know what she's getting at!
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:12   #94
AndrewG

Quote:
Yesi had noticed she hardly ever replies to questions, and presumably she doesn't frequent here anymore! so will probably never know what she's getting at!
It's kind of weird considering the statements and accusations she makes. Many devoted fans on there trying to help or understand her and don't hear anything back. And then she tries to reach out to (presumably) myself and another individual she hasn't heard from in a while.
Well what do you expect if you don't reply?

Just a bit rude to say the least.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:19   #95
AndrewG

Was Patti ever on this forum?
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:38   #96
roomster
Super Loafer

Quote:
stumpjumper claimed to be Patti.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 13:50   #97
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roomster View Post
stumpjumper claimed to be Patti.

She did respond to a fb message i sent to her verified account asking if she was stumpjumper, and she (or whoever posts for her on said verified fb account) confirmed it was.

Apparently someone on here sent her a pm with some stuff meat said about her, and that made its way onto her twitter page, so, safe to say she was stumpjumper.
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 17 Nov 2020, 22:37   #98
ajf33
Senior Loafer

Quote:
https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=49

Thiswas "Patti's" Post in the other locked thread.
Old 03 Dec 2020, 20:54   #99
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, the writer bloke (hmmm... he sounds familiar, somehow) is back and being much more blunt. He seems to be implying attempted murder, or at least that's how this jaundiced eye is reading it.
Old 05 Dec 2020, 19:36   #100
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Well, f**k me... beyond euphemisms at this point. This looks like a cache of pills similar to that described in the story the other day... and whose name and handwriting is that on the box? Stein-something... (Well, Stei-something, but anyone who's seen his 'print' handwriting can glance past that ham-handed attempt at obfuscation.)
1 User Dislikes This Post.
Closed Thread