Stromboli 4:43
True Detective 4:50
Sweet Movie 4:21
Hot Car Girl 4:50
Undercover 4:21
Goldfinger 4:51
Jezebel 4:21
It’s A Wonderful Life 5:33

I know that Kiss Me Deadly is the album version, Pioneers Of The West is the UK single edit and Fountain Head has alternate/additional guitar parts. But what about the rest? Are some of these the same thing just with different names? Are they all the album version with various bits cut out or do any have alternate instrumentation? Are any of them worth tracking down?
Evil One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 16:11   #2
Frying Bat
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Kiss Me Deadly 6:38
Pioneers Of The West 5:28
Fountain Head 6:38

I know that Kiss Me Deadly is the album version, Pioneers Of The West is the UK single edit and Fountain Head has alternate/additional guitar parts. But what about the rest? Are some of these the same thing just with different names? Are they all the album version with various bits cut out or do any have alternate instrumentation? Are any of them worth tracking down?
Hello, i 'm sorry but i am totally lost here The topic title says I'd lied for you singles, so i assume you are talking about the 1995 song but then i see all these titles i never hurt of and most of them sound more like movie titles..
Frying Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 16:30   #3
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

They're the names of the various edits or mixes of the song released as singles, Frying Bat. (For example, "The Kiss Me Deadly Mix," "The True Detective Mix," etc.)
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2022, 16:43   #4
Frying Bat
Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgotoofar View Post
They're the names of the various edits or mixes of the song released as singles, Frying Bat. (For example, "The Kiss Me Deadly Mix," "The True Detective Mix," etc.)
OOh now i understand .thank you... honestly i never knew of the existence of this.
Frying Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 12:37   #5
madagascar
Super Loafer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil One View Post
Kiss Me Deadly 6:38
Pioneers Of The West 5:28
Fountain Head 6:38

"alternate/additional guitar parts" sounds interesting!
madagascar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2022, 19:08   #6
letsgotoofar
Super Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frying Bat View Post
OOh now i understand .thank you... honestly i never knew of the existence of this.
He did this a few times actually, most frequently on the Neighbo(u)rhood album. Here's a handy list of them:

I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That)
Versions included "Single Edit," "A Little Bit Longer (Than The Single Edit)," and "Longer Still (But Not As Long As The Album Version)." All the parentheses, and the stories from Meat's memoir about Jim fighting the record company over sending edits to the radio stations, suggest some of these might have been Jim's idea.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back
A slightly longer version than the radio edit was dubbed "Ty Cobb," after the popular American baseball player nicknamed "The Georgia Peach."

Rock And Roll Dreams Come Through
Apart from the radio edit, there were two others that, much like AFL, were a little bit longer and longer still, but they had more creative names. One was called the "George Halas Edit," named for the American football player, coach, and later team owner who was nicknamed "Papa Bear" and "Mr. Everything," and the longer still one, so to speak, was the "Knute Rockne Edit," named for the legendary football coach at the University of Notre Dame.

Objects In The Rear View Mirror...
A roughly 7-and-a-half-minute+ edit was dubbed the "Wild Car" version.

Amnesty Is Granted
The promo-only release had "Curly," "Larry," and "Moe" versions. (Moe, the longest, was the album version.)

Not A Dry Eye In The House
What may have been a single version was called the "Somewhere In Time Edit."

Couldn't Have Said It Better
The promo single had the radio edit and album version, but also a mix between the two in length that was called the "Said It Better Edit."

All things considered, they're just a bunch of funky names for different mixes and edits of different lengths, but it's fun how creative they could get!
letsgotoofar is offline   Reply With Quote