PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages

Old 06 May 2019, 08:43   #1
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Default Meat fell off the stage and broke his collar bone

It happened this weekend in Texas. This is what’s on they posted on Facebook.

‘As everyone knows Meat Loaf fell today. We wanted to keep you updated as soon as we knew something. We just found out that the hospital is keeping him overnight for observation. He will not be able to return on Sunday but he has already confirmed that he will be back in 2020! He's a trooper and we are praying a speedy recovery!’

Poor guy, finally now that his back is getting a bit better, this happenes. Hopefully it didn’t damage his back. 😕
Tina.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2019, 11:48   #2
proctorloaf
Super Loafer

So sad! He was walking so good! Very happy that he's ok!

http://sofa-king-cool-magazine.com/m...zPXKqvDpTmKDNQ
proctorloaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2019, 18:45   #3
Dick
Super Loafer

~~~~. poor guy. hope he gets better soon
Dick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06 May 2019, 21:13   #4
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

From what I read the stage end and the curtain were all black and there were no markings. Hoping Meat is OK. I saw him fall off stage once during his first last tour (CHSIB era) and he got back up and started on the line he left off on and amazingly sounded even better after the fall. He is one tough customer.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 07 May 2019, 21:56   #5
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Oh god poor Meat, what's weird is that I sent him a message on Sunday to see how he was. Don't know why, just had a feeling I should.

All the very best for a full and speedy recovery, and I hope it doesn't set the back recovery back.
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 May 2019, 11:51   #6
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

That's crap to hear this happened. Hope Meat gets better quickly.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2019, 20:48   #7
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Today’s news... he’s still in the hospital.
Old 12 May 2019, 13:15   #8
loaferman61
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina.K. View Post
Today’s news... he’s still in the hospital.
Oh no. Has to be worse than a collarbone. Hoping he didn't re-injure his back after all he has been through to get better.
loaferman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2019, 02:40   #9
CarylB
Mega Loafer

He didn't further injure his back thank goodness. Latest update is that he is still in hospital but hoping to get home in the next few days. Right now he and Deborah are taking the situation on a day by day basis and hope he recovers as soon as possible from his shoulder injury.

I've sent her a link to a card on-line for those who'd like to leave a message.

http://meatscards.thesparklyjacket.com/

She will show him the card to let him see how many fans he has willing him on, and she everyone for letting him know he's so much in your thoughts :)

Last edited by CarylB; 13 May 2019 at 02:52.
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Like This Post.
Old 26 May 2019, 10:57   #10
nightinr
Super Loafer

Is there any news on Meat? Hopefully he is out of hospital and on the mend...
nightinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2019, 12:44   #11
Tina.K.
Braver than she is 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
He recorded this tape after he fell. Sounds good to me.

https://www.iheartradiobroadway.com/...k-city-run/?ds
Old 27 May 2019, 04:53   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightinr View Post
He's moved to a local hospital and is having therapy for his shoulder, probably for another week or so .. restless and bored I'm sure, but hanging in and slowly making progress Forward is the only gear he uses
1 User Likes This Post.
Old 28 May 2019, 07:49   #13
PanicLord
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina.K. View Post
He recorded this tape after he fell. Sounds good to me.

https://www.iheartradiobroadway.com/...k-city-run/?ds
Lol he does sound good, puts me in mind of the old Rocky Horror promo tapes that Richard OBrien did. Nice job!
PanicLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2019, 06:03   #14
CarylB
Mega Loafer

UPDATE: He's finally home!! Deborah picked him up on Saturday, and he's starting therapy with his regular therapist this week. He’s moving his arm a little better but he’s still got a few months of therapy ahead of him.

In the meantime there's a new fake page on FB .. 0fficial Meat Loaf, and it's one of the contemptibles who set one up last year to try and scam money off fans. If you're on FB you could help by reporting the fraudulent page to. If enough of us do we might get the page taken down. Use this link:
https://www.facebook.com/0fficial-Me...rofile_browser

Click 'See more' on Page Transparency
Click 'Give feedback or report this Page' (at bottom of pop-up)
Select 'Scams or Fake Pages' and continue to send your report. This will also stop you receiving notifications from the page.
3 Users Like This Post.
Old 03 Jun 2019, 11:50   #15
AndrewG
I hope your salmon sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
UPDATE: He's finally home!! Deborah picked him up on Saturday, and he's starting therapy with his regular therapist this week. He’s moving his arm a little better but he’s still got a few months of therapy ahead of him.

In the meantime there's a new fake page on FB .. 0fficial Meat Loaf, and it's one of the contemptibles who set one up last year to try and scam money off fans. If you're on FB you could help by reporting the fraudulent page to. If enough of us do we might get the page taken down. Use this link:
https://www.facebook.com/0fficial-Me...rofile_browser

Click 'See more' on Page Transparency
Click 'Give feedback or report this Page' (at bottom of pop-up)
Select 'Scams or Fake Pages' and continue to send your report. This will also stop you receiving notifications from the page.
Facebook is doing an atrocious job stopping spam, illegal sales and hate on their own platform. I've reported several things over the last year and every time it (perhaps automated bots I guess) claimed that the stuff was within its rules. This literally included selling bootleg Disney materials from pages that were set up the day before and using the Facebook ad platform and several individuals bullying others on a BBC news facebook page. When I contacted the BBC they removed the posts immediately whilst Facebook was quite happy to let it all slide. I get the impression the report feature never really reaches an actual living person.
AndrewG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jun 2019, 18:29   #16
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Facebook is doing an atrocious job stopping spam, illegal sales and hate on their own platform. I've reported several things over the last year and every time it (perhaps automated bots I guess) claimed that the stuff was within its rules. This literally included selling bootleg Disney materials from pages that were set up the day before and using the Facebook ad platform and several individuals bullying others on a BBC news facebook page. When I contacted the BBC they removed the posts immediately whilst Facebook was quite happy to let it all slide. I get the impression the report feature never really reaches an actual living person.
Yes to all of that .. I'm just hoping that an avalanche of reports of one page might just trigger a reaction beyond some algorithm.

This latest scam page has been set up by the same people who set one up last year, messaging fans as Meat Loaf and asking for money. I strung them along for a week last year to try and get bank details the real Meat could pass to the police. I made contact with this latest page via message, and he remembered my name and the precise amount I'd promised last year!
Old 05 Jun 2019, 12:43   #17
ajf33
Senior Loafer

All I'm getting when I click that link, is a this page is unavailable message, so either I'm somehow blocked to it, or, Miracles happen and it's been taken down already!
ajf33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Jun 2019, 14:48   #18
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf33 View Post
All I'm getting when I click that link, is a this page is unavailable message, so either I'm somehow blocked to it, or, Miracles happen and it's been taken down already!
For 3 days now fans have been reporting the page in droves, and also posting on it that it was a fake, a scam etc. I don't know whether we caused a peak that FB's algorithm spotted and alerted a human being, or the guy himself realised he was on to a loser so took it down himself .. but early this morning the page became an ex-parrot Gives me hope that in future if another scammer thinks he can get away with it we can harness a bit of fan power again
2 Users Like This Post.