mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » General Messages » Lost Boys and Golden Girls

Old 16 Apr 2008, 04:27   #26
Blackkat13
Mega Loafer

Too bad my sister already ordered her dress for her wedding. I don't think it would fit her but it is a lovely dress though.
Blackkat13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:11   #27
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy! View Post
I read about this on My Space as she offered it there too, which I thought was a lovely idea to offer it within her "internet family" and it certainly is a beautiful dress (if not a little small! ) but I can't imagine buying a wedding dress knowing it's already on someone else's wedding pics
What is Aspen's myspace address (assuming its not a private one)?
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 09:30   #28
~Helen~
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzoduke View Post
What is Aspen's myspace address (assuming its not a private one)?
http://www.myspace.com/aspenmiller
~Helen~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 10:50   #29
LucyK!
The Monster Is Luce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnobabe View Post
The second time around, it was a register office do, with just immediate family and a few very close friends, and then afterwards, we all just went to the nearest pub! Home about teatime, my nephew and his girlfriend (we were all at school together!!) took the stepkids for the night, so we went out for a Chinese...
My Mum did it like that and loved it. My step dad had been married before so they got married at the register office with just family (though Mum being the youngest of 8 that was still a lot of people) then back home for a BBQ in the garden which I'd spent all morning decorating, only for it to pour down with rain, the garden flooded and the whole family ended up in the house in any corner or cupboard they could fit into
LucyK! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:30   #30
rabblerouser
Loafer

I have to walk with crutches so my weeding dress had to be practical not even near my dream but I had one of the best and most important days of my life by saying how much we love each other in front of family and friends which is what mattered most!
rabblerouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:42   #31
MeatGrl1
No Day But Today

Location:  Sitting on the steps outside looking so restless and reckless and lost!

Wow !
That's nice thanks for posting and I wonder why she's selling it, my mum still has her suit she married in !!
MeatGrl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Apr 2008, 17:55   #32
djfierce
Mega Loafer

says its to do with storage
djfierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 10:48   #33
allrevvedup
"Most things that i worry about, never happen anyway"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Loaf View Post
She got married? Damn it!
My thoughts exactly...that's my only reason to post on this thread!
allrevvedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Apr 2008, 22:29   #34
angelica
Mega Loafer

It is a really pretty dress ... but I agree with what some people said I can't understand why she's sold it!

We've been married nearly 11 years ... and I could'nt part with my dress ... it cost quite a lot at the time and had to be saved up for ... but it was the 'perfect' dress for me ... and as for storage ... the loft, a cupboard it doesnt take up that much space!

Saying that though the wedding ceremony and what it means both of you is the most important thing!
angelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 01:38   #35
~Helen~
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatGrl1 View Post
Wow !
That's nice thanks for posting and I wonder why she's selling it
Being relatively newly single, all this talk of weddings is rather depressing lol...but I'll get my two-penneth in anyway

It's always struck me that wedding dresses are very expensive for something you are only ever going to wear once - and then possibly have stored in a box for the rest of your life (and therefore financially, selling it seems a sensible idea!). No longer are the days when wedding dresses would traditionally be passed down to daughters / grand daughters etc - styles change, people want their 'perfect dress' etc... and so I guess selling it is logical - it takes up space you could use for something else and is of no use tucked away. The photographs (and your own memories of the day) would serve as lasting reminder of the beautiful dress...and whilst I accept it's a big and important day and therefore you want to look amazing and it is right to cherish all your memories, the material things like dresses aren't the most important thing - but your declaration of love for each other and the meaning of the actual vows you take is what is. And back to talking in terms of the dress, as Aspen said in her Ebay auction, she...

Quote:
decided to sell it in the hopes that it can be a part of another bride's beautiful day!!
Which I think makes sense just as much as the storage thing - it makes more sense to me for a beautiful dress to be making someone else happy than being stored away somewhere never to be used or seen for years if at all! Yes we love to keep things for the memories, but as I already said, you can see how amazing it looked in the photographs, and I doubt I would ever forget my wedding day (if I ever got married, lol).

Hmmm waffling lots so shutting up now. But hopefully at least some of my point made sense!!!

~Helen~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2008, 18:40   #36
lorenzoduke
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Helen~ View Post
Ahhhh.....thanks.

Well, if she's going to hide it away at an obscure address like that....
lorenzoduke is offline   Reply With Quote