mlukfc.com Forums mlukfc.com
Meat Loaf UK Fanclub 
PO BOX 148 
Cheadle Hulme 
Cheshire SK8 6WN 
Go Back   mlukfc.com » mlukfc.com Forums » Meat Loaf » Loaf! Camera! Action!

Old 10 May 2011, 07:11   #26
carole
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB View Post
I've seen it festering on the IMbD boards .. Trump has made comments and decisions that some argue as racist, and of course his continued whining on about Obama's birth certificate is condemned by many as racist motivated. There's some organisation (can't find the thread that gace=ve the name as a three hour episode last night has spawned a plethora of new threads!) which is calling on the contestants to walk out, to not attend the finale, to not collect winnings etc as a protest against Trump's alleged racist comments, and condemning all those who stay as condonng or colluding with them. Oh .. and us too for watching the programme, which we should all switch off

Personally I find he has a propensity for inappropriate remarks on such a wide range of ".. ists" that staggers me in someone in his position and with his political ambitions. However having worked their asses off to raise money for their charities, I think it is naive to suggest the winner should walk away and refuse their winnings .. almost as daft as someone who suggests that people should "walk away" from a programme whose episodes, save the final, were all in the can last November ..

Caryl
I was thinking that very thing Caryl, they do realise it was filmed last year and is not live. A bit hard to walk away from something that has already been filmed months ago.

Carole
carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 07:34   #27
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
.. almost as daft as someone who suggests that people should "walk away" from a programme whose episodes, save the final, were all in the can last November .. l
True; however, the ratings are being garnered now when the show airs, and that's where the ad revenue is generated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarylB
For the first time we saw Star on the defensive and looking desperate. She clutched feverishly at taking offence because Meat called her "sweetie" .. (although she claimed he'd called her "honey" which was untrue) [...]

Even worse, rather than simply stating calmly she didn't like being addressed in that way and moving swiftly on to something of substance, she huffed and puffed in a long tirade of faux indignation .. hardly likely to be persuasive to Trump .. (Loved George asking her how she could complain about being demeaned in a debate as she was refusing to argue ... and Meat's quiet "Thank you")
Star looked as if she'd just been shot when she was fired. I think Trump saw right through her attempt at playing the "sweetie" card. In fact, I need to watch it again, but I thought I heard him call her that or something similar when he let her go. I liked George's comment as well.

For the first time, I really thought there was a good chance that Meat might get the axe, but he chose his words carefully and stood his ground, and Star got taken down as a result. Great job, Meat!

I do agree though, that there was cause to fire any of the 3 of them; I think Marlee got off easy due to the conflict between Meat and Star.

As for LaToya, she did accept her second firing gracefully.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 09:45   #28
tbuck
Super Loafer

Well done Meat!

Someone finally nabbed the professional/lawyer/I'msogoodatputerstuff phony. Star played a game well, not to say that method had any integrity compared to the others. But it's a game and Meat has played it well and taken her nasty a** down!

If you have watched it her complaints about his "sweetie" reference they are all deflection, which she is good at. But earlier in this episode she called him 'Baby", and that talk has gone on all along. I loved the fact he wouldn't let her off when she said the arguement was done.

She had the nerve to be offended by him calling her "Sweetie" and then she says he doesn't have the credentials to debate w/ her? She has always been a manipulative passive/aggressive b#tch.

Every job they had when she was in charge w/ her puter skills the team LOST.

TY Meat for getting rid of one of the most nasty persons to visit my TV screen.

T
tbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 12:56   #29
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
True; however, the ratings are being garnered now when the show airs, and that's where the ad revenue is generated.
True, although I was referring to calls that the contestants should walk away, which is trickier to do now

Quote:
Star looked as if she'd just been shot when she was fired. I think Trump saw right through her attempt at playing the "sweetie" card. In fact, I need to watch it again, but I thought I heard him call her that or something similar when he let her go. I liked George's comment as well.
Pierced through the heart! And yes, the "sweetie" card was transparent as sheet glass, particularly whe played by someone who had called Meat "baby" on the same task, and who had laughed along with Trump when he was commenting on the glamour of her ass a week or so ago. It was all she could grasp at as she sat there with her original strategy shot to pieces because the clients weren't impressed with her brand imaging, so she was as vunerable as any of them.

Quote:
For the first time, I really thought there was a good chance that Meat might get the axe, but he chose his words carefully and stood his ground, and Star got taken down as a result. Great job, Meat!
He was ready!! .. and I think started the play outside the boardroom, where his refusal to let her walk away gave her no opportunity to regroup and think up another tactic .. plus he pushed her buttons, so her emotions were running close to the surface when they returned; her icy calm deserted her, and the straw she grabbed at was just that, and seen to be. Meat was superb in the boardroom. The man knows how to design a game play and carry it through faultlessly.

Quote:
I do agree though, that there was cause to fire any of the 3 of them; I think Marlee got off easy due to the conflict between Meat and Star.
Yes, she did. Viewed logically she should have been held responsible. Either she agreed with what Meat and/or Star did, in which case it was down to her. Or she didn't but failed to exercise control and change things .. in which case, ditto. But far better that Star was left wthout a strategy and found her ass on the pavement

Quote:
As for LaToya, she did accept her second firing gracefully.
Yes, I've seen now, and she did.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 13:06   #30
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbuck View Post
Well done Meat!

Someone finally nabbed the professional/lawyer/I'msogoodatputerstuff phony. Star played a game well, not to say that method had any integrity compared to the others. But it's a game and Meat has played it well and taken her nasty a** down!
Yes, she finally tried to take on someone older, wiser, and more experienced; someone who has simply worked hard throughout .. but has watched and listened, and had her measure. And if anyone has acquired a knowledge of how lawyers work, it's Meat She played the CA game strategy well, but Meat simply spotted hers and came up with a better one

Caryl
Old 10 May 2011, 13:54   #31
LisaT
Super Loafer

Quote:
And so to the final four, a pretty strong chance of making it to the last two imo. Trump seems captivated by this big strong rocker who has a heart and is unashamed to show his emotions .. keeps looking at himm as you might an exotic and fabled creature of mystery :) And now he's shown he has balls of steel as well as a heart the size of Connecticut. No matter that Trump brings in advisors; he'll make the decision and I think he really finds Meat something special .. as do we of course, but we've known it for a long time. Trump has only recently discovered it, and I think he finds it compelling.
Caryl
That's what I reckon too, Caryl.
LisaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 21:17   #32
Julie in the rv mirror
Spirit in the Night

Quote:
True, although I was referring to calls that the contestants should walk away, which is trickier to do now
Yeah, I see that now that I re-read it; it was late last night. For some reason, I thought you were referring to people watching the show. Obviously, this person/people must not know the show was previously filmed.
Julie in the rv mirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2011, 23:51   #33
CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror View Post
Yeah, I see that now that I re-read it; it was late last night. For some reason, I thought you were referring to people watching the show. Obviously, this person/people must not know the show was previously filmed.
I think in the case of the ones we've seen ranting, and the one sending tweets to Meat telling him he's racist, the sum total of the knowledge possessed by each might not cover a modestly sized waterbiscuit

Caryl